Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Quote Originally Posted by mz_robyn View Post
    Hola, Divas.

Hope Winter was as kind to y'all as it was to me down here in Texas. For ONCE in I don't know HOW many years, that silly groundhog was right and our winter has been rather Spring-like. IF you believe in that, of course. I don't TBH.

I missed my one year Nappaversary on 1-31-16 as it fell on a Sunday and all the good stylists were closed and was lazy for the month of February. To make up for it, I went on 3-4-16 just to see what has happened. I have to report a Good News/Bad News type deal.

*Good News- My hair had grown drastically, with the back past my shoulders!

* Bad News- The front/crown area that had the damage before I BC'd last year broke, leaving my with a 1/2 inch of growth. It was as if it NEVER grew but it DID, just broke away. The stylist theorized that it was nerve damage from the aftermath of the relaxer gone wrong. *Please Advise* The damage is in a crescent shape, making it hard to fully camouflage.

I have no regimen except that I've been avoiding heat except for 2X a year and trying different cleansing products. I STILL have no idea of hair type or porosity. *Sigh* I see so many products but don't wanna waste my money.

I must say that I appreciate my NHJ along with the trial and error. I've gotten questions from my non- black friends about when I was gonna show off my real hair and side-eyes from my well meaning mother, wondering when I was gonna go get it back relaxed. *Sides eyes to a record scratch* WHY would I go back to the very thing that jacked my hair up so soon?! Maybe when I'm 30, I'll reevaluate it all. I'm 28.5 presently.

That's my update. Pics to follow soon.
    So, wayment. Your hair broke off in that same area that had the damage before you big chopped. It left you with 1/2 inch of growth? Meaning your hair is about 1/2 inch in that area or it broke 1/2 inch above the new growth? I'm confused. Can you explain AND post a pic?
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    So, wayment. Your hair broke off in that same area that had the damage before you big chopped. It left you with 1/2 inch of growth? Meaning your hair is about 1/2 inch in that area or it broke 1/2 inch above the new growth? I'm confused. Can you explain AND post a pic?
    Yeah, it's one of those record scratch sideeye kinda moments. My hair is 1/2 inch in that area, the very same area that broke off before the BC, as if it never grew. I was told it was due to my scalp still being in shock from the relaxer 14 months later, or due to undiagnosed thyroid disease. I was/am perturbed. The rest of my hair ranges from 3 inches to 6.5 inches.

I have the picture after my hair was done, but I need to take a picture of the damaged area. Will do so ASAP.

All I can say is this is a major setback and awfully lame.
    In the process of coming into my own in every aspect of my life.

Thanks

Update:

I washed my hair today and after detangling this nest of hot mess, the part that I thought was only 1/2 an inch was actually closer to an inch-1.5 inch. Shrinkage bes real with me. However that part is straight and very dry despite anything I put on it. My guess is it's still scab hair as the rest of my hair is longer and ranges from 3c to perhaps 4b. It also seems to be low porosity as my hair is STILL drying several hours later except that damaged part, which is already bone dry.

Then again my real texture might still be in the process of revealing itself. Nonetheless, I will be throwing this hair into braids and tending to the bratty part with the pomade.

Oh BTW, Mz. NJoy, have you finished developing that detangling mix? I'd love to buy some!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Update:

I washed my hair today and after detangling this nest of hot mess, the part that I thought was only 1/2 an inch was actually closer to an inch-1.5 inch. Shrinkage bes real with me. However that part is straight and very dry despite anything I put on it. My guess is it's still scab hair as the rest of my hair is longer and ranges from 3c to perhaps 4b. It also seems to be low porosity as my hair is STILL drying several hours later except that damaged part, which is already bone dry.

Then again my real texture might still be in the process of revealing itself. Nonetheless, I will be throwing this hair into braids and tending to the bratty part with the pomade.

Oh BTW, Mz. NJoy, have you finished developing that detangling mix? I'd love to buy some!
    Yeah, shrinkage visually robs us of length. It's important to stretch it to get a true assessment or you'll believe it's the shorter length. What you believe is really important because if you start thinking to yourself that your hair isn't growing, that could impact your overall growth. I need you to start telling yourself that your hair is healthy. The scab period is over and your hair is growing like crazy. Maybe you HAD problems before but that's over.

As for the detangler, yes. It's done and I'm regularly using it. Soon come, ma'am. I have to do packaging and plan release because whenever I release a new product, it has a big response. I have to be ready for that. But SOON. I'm working hard on getting ready for the new Super Hair Growth Challenge, and getting the finishing touches on the hair journal so that it's ready.

I'm SO excited and am planning on soliciting team leaders to host or invite participants to join us. I'm also thinking of moving away from the forum and setting up a Facebook Group for the Challenge. I think that will be the easiest way to manage the group. What do you
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Yeah, shrinkage visually robs us of length. It's important to stretch it to get a true assessment or you'll believe it's the shorter length. What you believe is really important because if you start thinking to yourself that your hair isn't growing, that could impact your overall growth. I need you to start telling yourself that your hair is healthy. The scab period is over and your hair is growing like crazy. Maybe you HAD problems before but that's over.

As for the detangler, yes. It's done and I'm regularly using it. Soon come, ma'am. I have to do packaging and plan release because whenever I release a new product, it has a big response. I have to be ready for that. But SOON. I'm working hard on getting ready for the new Super Hair Growth Challenge, and getting the finishing touches on the hair journal so that it's ready.

I'm SO excited and am planning on soliciting team leaders to host or invite participants to join us. I'm also thinking of moving away from the forum and setting up a Facebook Group for the Challenge. I think that will be the easiest way to manage the group. What do you
    I have been telling myself negative things in several aspects of my life and I have GOT TO DO BETTER. It's been a hard two months for me, dealing with my boss's death in a house fire and taking over the role of my other boss who is recovering from surgery on top of being responsible for a multimillion dollar grant. A prayer is definitely requested.

Yay! I await the debut!

I personally don't have a Facebook page but it's cool to have an FB group. I know I'm in the minority though.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have been telling myself negative things in several aspects of my life and I have GOT TO DO BETTER. It's been a hard two months for me, dealing with my boss's death in a house fire and taking over the role of my other boss who is recovering from surgery on top of being responsible for a multimillion dollar grant. A prayer is definitely requested.

Yay! I await the debut!

I personally don't have a Facebook page but it's cool to have an FB group. I know I'm in the minority though.
    Oh my. Girl, what you tell yourself is EVERYTHING!!! I'm really big in watching what I think and say. As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. (Prov 23:7). I think one of the reasons that people like to be around me is that I'm positive and always reflecting a person's goodness to themself. Come closer, dahling. Let me rub off on you. We can handle life's difficulties with grace by controlling our thoughts and the energies we surround ourselves with. I'm definitely praying for you, Sis.

I've been going through a LOT lately too. But I trust God and have been moving through it without taking stress onto myself. I'm STILL going through but, I don't let any of it negatively impact my thinking or actions. I trust that the things that I'm going through will purify and bring forth greater blessings. I trust God.

That said, whyyyyyyyyyyy? Why aren't you on Facebook? I thought the whole world is. But that's ok. As I've mentioned, I've been building an online hair journal. It's still being modified but ready for use now. The facebook group feed is embedded in the hair journal so, essentially, I'll be running the Challenge from the online hair journal. I'm only allow access on an invitation-only bases while I'm working on ironing out the kinks for the Challenge. But, I'd love for you to be a part of it. So, if I can convince you to sign up for Facebook just to be able to join in on the conversations, I'd consider myself blessed. You can lock down your facebook account and the group is private. Facebook participation is mainly for checking in and to qualify for the regular giveaways. Right now, I plan to do weekly giveaways but will move to daily giveaways.

I'm going to post details for how to join the challenge in a separate post. I think this will be a great way to keep the Challenge moving and I can't wait until you see the hair journal. Again, it's in prelaunch so, only our NJoy Essentials customers will receive a personal invitation for free access.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ok Divas! This is last minute notice because I've been so busy getting things ready and wasn't sure if I'd be ready to start on July 1. But, LET'S DO IT!! I'm announcing the first session of THE 90-DAY SUPER HAIR GROWTH CHALLENGE!

super growth challenge.jpg

If you're an NJoy Essentials VIP customer or on any of the NJoy Essentials social media accounts, you've already received notification of The 90-Day Super Hair Growth Challenge. To give a basic recap of details:

By joining our FREE Growth Challenge, you will receive the following benefits:

- FREE shipping on all US NJoy Essentials orders*
    - Member-only discounts and specials
    - FREE access to our invitation-only online Hair Journal to record, track and analyze your progress
    - Instructions on how to build a Healthy Hair Growth Regimen and how to properly use NJoy Essentials products to maximize hair growth
    - Video tutorials on healthy hair care practices
    - Free giveaways
    - On-going group support

Once you join, you will receive a one-time Free Shipping code for any current purchases. After your membership is approved, you will automatically receive free shipping, no coupon code required.

*International orders will receive 25% off shipping costs on orders under $99 and FREE on orders over $99. (subject to change with notification)

Join us now!

I look forward to your participation. This is especially big for those of you who are lurking the board and PM'g me questions because of account approval delays. And BOY will this make things easier for me.

Before I grew my hair to my hips the first time, I had a dream that I was detangling my hair and stretched a section down to my hips. I recently had a dream that I was detangling my hair and it stretched to mid-thigh! I don't know about that much natural hair but, it looks like I'm going for it! I've been currently hanging out around hip length natural, and being as busy as I am, I've been putting my hair up instead of wearing it out much. I guess this means here I grow again!!! I hope you have new goals for yourself as well. Come on! Let's grow some hair!!! ~ NJoy

Let's grow some hair!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

mz_robyn (06-29-2016)