Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Thanks

Re: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Oh, the horror. Note to self: Always keep ends stretched.

My hair was in 2 big braids and I didn't stretch the ends like normal sooooooo.... I have 2 big braids with tangled ends. I'm sitting with oil and conditioner on my ends to see if I can get them to loosen up a bit before trying again. I'm not that patient with detangling. I had to stop because I'll grab a pair of scissors in a minute. I swear, I am NOT a candidate for benign neglect.
    That's olay NJoy, a lot of people experience a spurt around now so hopefully it'll hold true for all of us here! Our sins are well covered with texture which is always a good thing! How do you stretch your ends usually? I've been getting so many knots and i think maybe this is why...however, I may need transitioning/permed technique although my hair is keratined because it doesn't take shape or stay twisted or braided at the ends...hmmm.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mz_robyn View Post
    It was definitely a fair trade. It coulda ended up a whole lot worse like a stress patch later on. Then you'll be hot for a whole nother reason.

Speaking of hair, my hair has gotten THICK! It's only been a month and it's quite thick! My NG was always on the thick side but this is ridiculous! This was what scared the mess outta me in my relaxed days cuz I couldn't deal. I can only imagine how much thicker it'll get as the months go by and the pomade works its mojo. I can tell you now that cornrows are in my near immediate future. I can't hang with this! LOL
    ROBYN I LOVE THIS!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheyjuan For This Useful Post:

mz_robyn (03-11-2015)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyjuan View Post
    That's olay NJoy, a lot of people experience a spurt around now so hopefully it'll hold true for all of us here! Our sins are well covered with texture which is always a good thing! How do you stretch your ends usually? I've been getting so many knots and i think maybe this is why...however, I may need transitioning/permed technique although my hair is keratined because it doesn't take shape or stay twisted or braided at the ends...hmmm.
    I usually oil or butter my ends well and then roll them on perm rods. I don't sleep in perm rods tho. I'm a rough sleeper so, I let them airdry a bit in the perm rods and then switch over to satin-covered sponge rollers for sleeping. If I don't stretch my ends, they curl like crazy, grab every shed hair and start a tangle party. Likewise, I have to stop any braids or twists about 2 inches from the ends or else they tangle. Either way, when I unbraid, untwist or unravel my hair, starting at my ends, I have to saturate in oil. You'd think trimming might help. Nope. They don't tangle because they need trimming. They tangle for the fun of it, I'm convinced.

So, because this has happened, I'm on a quest to make a detangling solution for severely tangled/matted hair. Yeah, I've been trying the tried and true detangling in the shower with loads of slippery conditioner, dry detangling with oil, spritzing with oil, water, conditioner, aloe mixes. I've tried it all. On a search for a go-to solution. I hadn't had that kind of tangling since I transitioned. I know how to avoid it. But, as busy as I've been lately, it's not unreasonable to think that I may neglect my hair and end up in Tangle City again. Just in case, I'll be ready. I'm a solutions chaser. Whenever I run into a problem, I obsess over finding a solution so that I'm not caught again. So, believe it or not, I'm purposely neglecting parts of my hair, allowing it to mat back up for testing. #geek or #nuts Somebody keep me in prayers.
    Let's grow some hair!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Cheyjuan (03-17-2015)

Thanks

I usually oil or butter my ends well and then roll them on perm rods. I don't sleep in perm rods tho. I'm a rough sleeper so, I let them airdry a bit in the perm rods and then switch over to satin-covered sponge rollers for sleeping. If I don't stretch my ends, they curl like crazy, grab every shed hair and start a tangle party. Likewise, I have to stop any braids or twists about 2 inches from the ends or else they tangle. Either way, when I unbraid, untwist or unravel my hair, starting at my ends, I have to saturate in oil. You'd think trimming might help. Nope. They don't tangle because they need trimming. They tangle for the fun of it, I'm convinced.

So, because this has happened, I'm on a quest to make a detangling solution for severely tangled/matted hair. Yeah, I've been trying the tried and true detangling in the shower with loads of slippery conditioner, dry detangling with oil, spritzing with oil, water, conditioner, aloe mixes. I've tried it all. On a search for a go-to solution. I hadn't had that kind of tangling since I transitioned. I know how to avoid it. But, as busy as I've been lately, it's not unreasonable to think that I may neglect my hair and end up in Tangle City again. Just in case, I'll be ready. I'm a solutions chaser. Whenever I run into a problem, I obsess over finding a solution so that I'm not caught again. So, believe it or not, I'm purposely neglecting parts of my hair, allowing it to mat back up for testing. #geek or #nuts Somebody keep me in prayers.
    I appreciate you sacrificing parts of your lovely locks for the greater good of not having some of us look like we belong at a Bob Marley concert lol. I hope you find the solution cuz I'm pretty sure I'll be one of the first to line up and buy it.

And while you're solution searching... Have you ever thought of making either a spray with a tingling sensation or a hair refresher for those in-between days or weeks? That would be just awesome!

Oh, just one more thing...(Columbo, anyone? LOL) I was thinking of buying the detox. I was wondering if you could make a YT video of you demoing how to use it? I looked on there for a vid and didn't see one from anyone. Who better than the creator herself to show how it's done?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mz_robyn; 03-11-2015 at 09:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mz_robyn View Post
    I appreciate you sacrificing parts of your lovely locks for the greater good of not having some of us look like we belong at a Bob Marley concert lol. I hope you find the solution cuz I'm pretty sure I'll be one of the first to line up and buy it.

And while you're solution searching... Have you ever thought of making either a spray with a tingling sensation or a hair refresher for those in-between days or weeks? That would be just awesome!

Oh, just one more thing...(Columbo, anyone? LOL) I was thinking of buying the detox. I was wondering if you could make a YT video of you demoing how to use it? I looked on there for a vid and didn't see one from anyone. Who better than the creator herself to show how it's done?

Thanks!
    First, regarding the detox video. I actually recorded a video before the New Year. My hair was a hot mess, full of Shea Moisture Gel and the Smoothie, because someone recommended I try it for my braidouts. The Gel seem goopy and I didn't like that feel so, I thought I'd detox it out and why not record it, right? Er uh... at this point, it's just a matter of editing and uploading. I just had been (and have still been) so busy that I completely forgot about it. Meantime, I've detoxed my hair a zillion times since, always remembering that I need to get to editing that video...and then completely forgetting. Chile, please.

I think the refresher spray sounds good. I do mix essential oils in my spritz bottle and I also do stimulating tea rinses and reserve some for a spritz bottle too, from time to time. I may just do a how-to video on how to make those. Girl. Did you just hear me? WHEN I get time. I think I should book a getaway vacation for some R&R and use some of that time to make some videos. At least I'd get to write the cost off as a business expense. (NOW ya got me thinking! )

And whose bright idea was thing detangling adventure. I really am hooked on the idea but, now that I'm actually spending every night with my detangling experiments, I'm bored and stuck detangling. I have 2 sections that I've reserved for this "project". I've been working on the section on the left, mostly, while allowing the section on the right to sit and dread up some. But why??? This is the dumbest idea ever! Why didn't I get some marley wigs or something? So now, I'm going to finish detangling tonight, give myself a good trim and get back on track. I have goals to meet.

Please remind me of this the next time I get a boneheaded idea like this again. Live and learn.
    Let's grow some hair!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Cheyjuan (03-17-2015)

Thanks

I have been neglecting my hair the last few months but I'm ready to recommit to growing my hair
    I have goals this year I want to MBL by December 2015
    Year of Restoration.....Working on me 2015 what God has for me it is for me long hair and all MBL 2015

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lawyer2be371 For This Useful Post:

Cheyjuan (03-17-2015), NJoy (03-17-2015)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyer2be371 View Post
    I have been neglecting my hair the last few months but I'm ready to recommit to growing my hair
    I have goals this year I want to MBL by December 2015
    MBL it is! Congrats on getting back on track.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good morning. I thought I'd share a response that I made to someone asking about how to get consistent growth.

FYI: I think the keys to getting consistent growth are:

1. Find a regimen that makes sense for your hair (type, structure, density, state, etc)
    2. If using growth aids, try them one at a time to see what works (be consistent and track progress)
    3. keep your scalp healthy and happy (natural oils and water-soluble products only)
    4. Protect your ends from splits and breakage (use ceramides, silk amino acids, henna and protein, as required for strength. Trim as needed. Keep ends moisturized)
    5. Make sure there are no medical or emotional barriers to growth (low iron, low vitamin D, stress, hormonal imbalance or other medical conditions)
    6. Supplement your diet with the vitamins and minerals needed for strong hair growth (hair and nails receive nutrients from our already deficient US diets last. Supplement!)
    7. Drink plenty of water (1/2 body weight in ounces or a gallon a day, depending on which school of thought you subscribe to.
    8. Stay consistent! (quit jumping from bandwagon to bandwagon)
    9. Encourage good blood flow (exercise, scalp massages, stimulators, etc)
    10. Relax and expect growth. Stay positive and close yourself off to the naysayers. You can do this.

Let's grow some hair!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Harriet (03-23-2015), mz_robyn (03-21-2015)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Challenge Check in:

1. Did you remember to drink up? How much water did you drink today? (a guestimate is fine. lol)

2. Are you taking good hair vitamins, multivitamins or liquid vitamins today?

3. Are you massaging your scalp with your growth oil daily? Have you done it yet today?

4. No matter what, keep a positive outlook towards your hair growth. Share something positive about your hair today.

Spring is here! That's hair growth spurt season! Expect it!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Challenge Check in:

1. Did you remember to drink up? How much water did you drink today? (a guestimate is fine. lol)

2. Are you taking good hair vitamins, multivitamins or liquid vitamins today?

3. Are you massaging your scalp with your growth oil daily? Have you done it yet today?

4. No matter what, keep a positive outlook towards your hair growth. Share something positive about your hair today.

Spring is here! That's hair growth spurt season! Expect it!
    Hello!

1) Doing good with water intake- between 64-120 ounces per day.

2) Was taking S.S.S Tonic but will resume in April. Still taking my DE though I'm not sure if that counts. Also will resume taking my Mineral Rich in April or May.

3) Totally slacked off on that but I have been scalp massaging. Might try again in a little while when it'll be easier to apply.

4) Keeping a positive outlook about my hair, not so much about my job, which is so stressful it might be stunting my growth.

*Question*: How long does my hair have to be to install either box braids or cornrows with extension hair? I don't have a tape measure yet but my hair seems to be 1.5" but the right side which might be an inch. I wanna eventually install crochet braids with braiding hair as an anchor until my hair grows a bit more. Is that feasible?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mz_robyn For This Useful Post:

NJoy (03-27-2015)