Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Quote Originally Posted by mz_robyn View Post
    Hello, Divas.

Hope that the late fall weather is as kind to y'all as it's been to me in Texas! I do NOT look forward to winter down here as the air is dry and wreaks havoc on hair. *Snarl!*

Mz. NJoy, I have two questions:

1) How long does an unused jar of pomade stay effective? I was wondering that in the event I buy a second jar and may take my time getting around to it. I also can't find the first jar I bought at the beginning of the year. (Ooops!)

2) Will you be having a BOGO on your hair vitamins? I really would like to try them as a two month supply

Thanks!
    Hi Robyn. You should be good for a year or more on the pomade. I give a year expiration on the oils based on the expiration of the least stable ingredient. I hadn't considered it for the pomade until you just asked. But the ingredients are primarily the same so, based on the same logic, you're good for at least a year.

Regarding the hair vitamins, those things sell out like wildfire. I don't care how many I get in stock, it's never enough. So, I have yet to have a buy one, get one on the vitamins. I'd blink and those would be gone. These vitamins have wings! I have made plans to start an autoship on vitamins and offer a discount or free shipping (still working on those details). I think this will help me to better gauge inventory. I've been wanting to do autoship for awhile but paypal didn't work with my ecommerce platform like that. Now, I found that I'll have to set up a separate link to sign up and then it can be done. I know people tend to reorder when they're close to running out. But no one anticipates being backordered (which I seriously try to avoid as much as possible). This will get the next bottle out to them without any interruptions. How's that sound?

I forgot to share a rather embarrassing (To me) story.

I was on YT when I saw a vid for Motions Pre-Wash Detangling Butter for Natural Textures. I was excited yet dubious b/c my hair was hotter than hot in the hot mess department at the time and I thought "Man, if it works on THIS hot mess I'd buy it for life!" As I saw more reviews the more interested I became in the product. I was happy when I found it at H-E-B for about $6.00. I wait a few days to use it (Ya know, laziness.) I finally get around to it and it DID melt them tangles out like butter! I was finally able to run a detangling brush up & through my hair! It also smelled good with all kinds of healthy oils so that was a perk!

This is where it gets embarrassing.

I thought that I could leave it in my hair for a couple days to get the most detangling action for my time, so I put on a shower cap, put on my wig cap and wig then went about my business."I'll wash it out later this week," I say to myself. Later that week when I go to finger comb it,I found some parts of my hair an even WORSE rat's nest than when I started! Panicked, I tried to detangle what I could by hand then slathered even MORE of the butter on, waited 20 minutes and PRAYED when I detangled it THIS TIME that I wouldn't be rocking the cabbage patch look (which isn't even really that cute even for the cabbage patch dolls!) A bit a of hair came out but I wasn't sure if it was due to the fact I hadn't fooled with my hair in a while and it was built up shed hair or because of the goof up I did (Might have been both). That's when I realized I was to leave it in for only 20 minutes for extremely dry/tangled hair! Thank GOD I still had a full head of hair after my hair brained scheme!

Note to self: Stop being a lazy natural and actually put in the work lest I wanna look like a Brillo padded Cabbage Patch Doll.
    Not a Brillo padded Cabbage Patch Doll.

I actually make a detangling moisture butter/cream that I use to detangle and then as a leave in. I never thought to try it as a prewash. I guess you'd use it like an oil rinse? Hmm. I'm gonna try that. I plan to release it at the top of the New Year. It's working like magic in my hair. Still working on packaging and a name tho. Any suggestions?
    Let's grow some hair!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

mz_robyn (12-17-2015)

Thanks

Oh, good! I was worried it wouldn't be effective after awhile.

Glad I made you laugh! I had to laugh myself to keep from using some choice language. I know of very few people WILLING to look like Brillo Padded Cabbage Patch Dolls and I AIN'T one of them!

*Shakes fist* Boooo to all those vitamins having wings before I can get to em! Auto shipping sounds awesome! I'll definitely sign up for that once it's copacetic.

I was about to ask if you used PayPal! Nice!

The Motions Pre-Wash Detangling Butter came in an 8 ounce jar and had a thick yet runny viscosity like a conditioner, which was odd IMHO (I guess to make people use and buy more product) I used maybe 1/2 the jar already. I personally like the thicker/whipped viscosity.

As for the name, maybe something like NJoy The Pre-Wash, Knot Happening Detangling Butter or Tangled No More Whipped Pre-Wash Butter. Sorry marketing isn't my strong suit, being a paralegal is lol.
    In the process of coming into my own in every aspect of my life.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mz_robyn For This Useful Post:

NJoy (12-19-2015)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

As for the name, maybe something like NJoy The Pre-Wash, Knot Happening Detangling Butter or Tangled No More Whipped Pre-Wash Butter. Sorry marketing isn't my strong suit, being a paralegal is lol.
    Are you kidding? You're a marketing wiz! Those names are too cute!

Today's wash day for me....IF I can ever get around to it. It'll likely be tonight since I've, once again, waited until the last few days to do my Christmas shopping. Every year I say that I'm not. Every year, there I am. Ah well. I am looking forward to washing my hair tho. LOL
    Let's grow some hair!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

mz_robyn (12-23-2015)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sorry about the glitch, Divas. There were technical difficulties beyond my capability. Our servers have been changed over and it caused the site to be down without my putting up a notification saying such. In any case, the tech guys have everything worked out (thank God because I had NO idea what to do) and we're back up.

Thank you to those who messaged me on FB and at NJoy Essentials to keep up with what's going on. I appreciate you.

Btw, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! I hope you're having a SWEET evening.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello, Divas. I just finished approving accounts that were pending activation since the crossover. Sorry about the delay.

So, I received a few inquiries about the Challenge for this year. I've been considering how everyone has been interacting with me through the last challenge (mainly in my inbox. *cough cough*) and how we could do it better and make it more interactive for everyone.

I've decided to do the Challenge as a series of 90-day Challenges. As I've mentioned before, I had an online hair journal developed and am in the process of making some changes to accommodate the Challenge. This would give a little more direction, accountability and more opportunities for giveaways. Being so busy with NJoy Essentials, I was not ready to start on Jan 1st so, I thought we could start on March 1st instead (2nd quarter). But the way that the journal is set up, anyone can join the challenge at any time, really. But to participate in some of the fun and games, starting together works better.

I'll post more details this weekend. Meantime, I'm looking for Challenge Leaders to help run the challenge by hosting your own small group, or team, as a part of the main Challenge. Again, more details this week. But, consider whether you'd like to help by setting up a team. If interested, hit me up in my inbox. I'm excited! Now to find time to finish working on the details. My kids are out of school this week and driving me batty.
    Let's grow some hair!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Mermaidhair (02-17-2016), mz_robyn (02-17-2016)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good morning, Divas. It's been a long week but it's Friday!! And it's trying to get warm out. I'm SO looking forward to the warmer weather. Most of us have had our hair in hibernation for the winter and we should all be looking forward to that Spring Growth Spurt that most get.

I've been hanging out at my goal length and trying to trim my ends - a much easier task when I was relaxed. My hair has been behaving nicely. I've had her in time out, maintaining at my goal length but, I think I'm ready to handle more hair for 2016. Right now, my hair is hanging out between waist and hip length. Well, it's touching hip but I wouldn't consider it full hip and I didn't want full hip. I thought W'hip length would be perfect for me. And it probably would, if I wore my hair straight. But, as we know, natural hair won't give you that hang time. It just wants to grow big. Which is nice too. But, I think I'll go for more length and see how I feel about that.

Of course, for me that means I need accountability to stay the course. So, in response to the requests and questions that I'm getting about a 2016 Hair Growth Challenge, I plan to do it a little differently. We know that I've been trying to host a challenge here in the forum but, as I keep saying, I find that most ladies prefer to inbox me, email me or hit me up on facebook. That's fine but, your questions are often the same questions. I could've answered publicly so that everyone could receive. And I tend to be very private with our conversations and pics shared because, in my mind, if you wanted it shared openly, you would've asked openly. So, when you share pics with me, especially, unless you say that I can post them, I won't. And we really LOVE seeing pics so, please consider sharing openly or letting me know whether it's ok to post them.

Responding individually to messages takes a lot of time and sometimes leaves me too tired to post in the forum myself. All that said, I've learned a lot and have solicited opinions on how to run the next Challenge, which I DO want to do. So, I've decided a few things:

-- First, I've decided to break the Challenge up into a series of 90-Day Super Hair Growth Challenges, with the first one starting on April 1st, which is 2nd quarter of the year. The shorter periods will allow new people to come in and not feel like they've missed so much that it's too late to join.

--The Challenge will have daily prompts to do something to stay on track and weekly check-ins.

-- I'm seriously considering hosting the challenge on Facebook. One of the difficulties that I encounter is fighting spam bots during the registration process which makes me have to manually approve, seems like, most accounts. So, I've been working on finding an easier way. Of course, the group would be private, for members only but, anyone can join.

-- I'm also planning to solicit Team Leaders to help moderate the Challenge. This will allow members to PM more than just me and will also allow others to run the Challenge from their own blogs or social media channels. I'm putting together the details but will definitely be offering Free Growth Packages to all Team Leaders. More details to be released on that soon. If you think you may be interested in helping to run the main challenge or hosting a challenge, inbox me or email me at njoy@njoyessentials.com.

-- NJoy Essentials will also offer to Challenge Members special discount pricing on NJoy Essentials products as well as Hair Growth Challenge packages.

-- Challengers will also get their own free online hair journal to participate in the Challenge. Here you'll be able to keep track of your hair growth journey, receive the daily prompts, instructions and/or videos that will show you exactly how to maximize your growth. Thank you to the Beta Testers that have been working with us to get the journal ready for release. The 90-day Challenge portion of the journal is being uploaded now.

-- I like the idea of teams within the Challenge because we'll have more opportunities to have fun and get more prizes out.

I'm sure I'm forgetting to mention something else but, I hope to have official details posted soon. We'll be working through this weekend to finalize all details. If you have any thoughts or suggestions, please inbox me or email me at njoy@njoyessentials.com. I'd love to hear it.

But until the Challenge begins, let's continue discussing progress. How are things coming along and please share pics of your hair, whether a progress pic, a style pic or you just want to show us what you're working with. I LOVE pictures and would LOVE to see yours.

Also, are you encountering any problems in your growth? Share and let's talk about it.

I'm looking for tailbone length (stretched, of course) in 2016. That will officially be longer than I've EVER attempted. New year. New goal!

What's your goal for this year?
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cool Re: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Hi guys, I am currently grazing bra strap length, last year I made my first goal of is mid back length BTW I am currently relaxed. In January I cut my hair up to a little above bsl because my ends look thinner than the upper part of my hair but my goal for this year is Waist length hopefully by December 2016 .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mermaidhair For This Useful Post:

NJoy (02-26-2016)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaidhair View Post
    Hi guys, I am currently grazing bra strap length, last year I made my first goal of is mid back length BTW I am currently relaxed. In January I cut my hair up to a little above bsl because my ends look thinner than the upper part of my hair but my goal for this year is Waist length hopefully by December 2016 .
    That's an awesome goal length. Have you ever been waist length? If not, you're gonna love it. When my hair hit waist length for the first time, while I was relaxed, it felt so long. You're going to love it!
    Let's grow some hair!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Mermaidhair (02-27-2016)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    That's an awesome goal length. Have you ever been waist length? If not, you're gonna love it. When my hair hit waist length for the first time, while I was relaxed, it felt so long. You're going to love it!
    My hair has never been waist length before but it has been mid back length before but I cannot wait until I reach my goal! 😁😅 I trimmed a couple inches so I am just above bra strap length tho...

Thanks

Hola, Divas.

Hope Winter was as kind to y'all as it was to me down here in Texas. For ONCE in I don't know HOW many years, that silly groundhog was right and our winter has been rather Spring-like. IF you believe in that, of course. I don't TBH.

I missed my one year Nappaversary on 1-31-16 as it fell on a Sunday and all the good stylists were closed and was lazy for the month of February. To make up for it, I went on 3-4-16 just to see what has happened. I have to report a Good News/Bad News type deal.

*Good News- My hair had grown drastically, with the back past my shoulders!

* Bad News- The front/crown area that had the damage before I BC'd last year broke, leaving my with a 1/2 inch of growth. It was as if it NEVER grew but it DID, just broke away. The stylist theorized that it was nerve damage from the aftermath of the relaxer gone wrong. *Please Advise* The damage is in a crescent shape, making it hard to fully camouflage.

I have no regimen except that I've been avoiding heat except for 2X a year and trying different cleansing products. I STILL have no idea of hair type or porosity. *Sigh* I see so many products but don't wanna waste my money.

I must say that I appreciate my NHJ along with the trial and error. I've gotten questions from my non- black friends about when I was gonna show off my real hair and side-eyes from my well meaning mother, wondering when I was gonna go get it back relaxed. *Sides eyes to a record scratch* WHY would I go back to the very thing that jacked my hair up so soon?! Maybe when I'm 30, I'll reevaluate it all. I'm 28.5 presently.

That's my update. Pics to follow soon.
    In the process of coming into my own in every aspect of my life.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mz_robyn For This Useful Post:

NJoy (04-22-2016)