Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Thanks

Re: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayla View Post
    Umm I highly recommend NOT trying the TMS system because Chime Edwards (Hair Crush) on YouTube used it for a promo I believe and she has experienced a TEXTURE CHANGE in her hair and it still affects her well over a year since she's used it. Even when comparing old videos to new you can tell that her hair just isn't the same. She has a whole video on how TMS affected her hair.
    Because of that, I really wouldn't look into trying the product.
    Yeah I saw that. She also admitted to having heat damage, which also might have been a factor. I'm just looking for something to keep my hair straight w/o relaxing it again so soon or constantly using heat and styling tools.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mz_robyn View Post
    Hello Divas, long time no post.

Yet again I neglected my hair due to yet MORE deaths and impending deaths in the family so I've been wigging it with rather cute and curly hair from soft body waves to tight corkscrews. On the upside I have lost plenty more weight!

I was wondering if anybody on here has tried the TMS system? I would like to straighten my hair w/o relaxing again just yet.
    Hi Robyn,

Sorry to hear about the deaths and illnesses. Unfortunately, I know how that feels to have a season of deaths, almost back to back, and then having to neglect your hair in the midst of it. I pray that you are strengthened and that the peace of the Comforter overtakes and keeps you.

I tried the TMS because of Chime. I really didn't want to use much heat in my hair so, I'll admit that I don't think that it came looking straightened. It looked more blown out but I hated the way my hair felt. Again, maybe this was because I didn't flat iron it bone straight but, it felt velcro-y. My strands were catching onto each other. I hated it. I washed it out within a couple days.

I will say that I've noticed that Chime's hair had not appeared to be the same since she had it done.
    Let's grow some hair!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

mz_robyn (11-02-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Hi Robyn,

Sorry to hear about the deaths and illnesses. Unfortunately, I know how that feels to have a season of deaths, almost back to back, and then having to neglect your hair in the midst of it. I pray that you are strengthened and that the peace of the Comforter overtakes and keeps you.

I tried the TMS because of Chime. I really didn't want to use much heat in my hair so, I'll admit that I don't think that it came looking straightened. It looked more blown out but I hated the way my hair felt. Again, maybe this was because I didn't flat iron it bone straight but, it felt velcro-y. My strands were catching onto each other. I hated it. I washed it out within a couple days.

I will say that I've noticed that Chime's hair had not appeared to be the same since she had it done.
    Thank you. I appreciate that. It has been hard this past year having death after death both in my fleshly & spiritual families. But I know they're no longer suffering & I'm at peace with that.

I wanted to get some feedback before buying something that might not work. Hey... Perhaps you could try a truly all natural straightening system with heat usage as an option not a requirement lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mz_robyn View Post
    Thank you. I appreciate that. It has been hard this past year having death after death both in my fleshly & spiritual families. But I know they're no longer suffering & I'm at peace with that.

I wanted to get some feedback before buying something that might not work. Hey... Perhaps you could try a truly all natural straightening system with heat usage as an option not a requirement lol.
    I recently used Sheamoisture Tahitian Noni and Monoi Smooth and Repair Masque. Although I didn't straighten my hair, I could immediately tell that my hair was stronger and a lot more elastic. My hair was also very SMOOTH, like SMOOTH lol. I know these qualities are crucial for straightening hair so that the process is easy and quick and behold great results, so I'd keep this system in mind. To top things off, Sheamoisture is a black owned company that only uses all natural products, and many of those ingredients can be traced back to sources owned and ran by women in Africa I believe.
    You can find more info on this product and its collection on www.sheamoisture.com
    Last edited by Jayla; 11-02-2015 at 04:14 PM.
    ♡Just a girl growing her pretty coils n' curls♥

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayla For This Useful Post:

mz_robyn (11-04-2015)

Thanks

Hey divas!

It's been way too long since I've last been on here! So since I just got my hair relaxed on Friday, I decided to post a pic of my growth! My hair has gotten longer and thicker, but I think it's time for a trim. I haven't gotten a trim since March, so I am definitely long overdue. I need to do something about my hair frizzing as well. I want to buy some more hair products. I may be a bit of a product junkie but I actually think these products are necessary for my hair maintenance. I plan to buy a heat protectant, some organic oils to massage into my scalp and a hairdress. I'm contemplating on buying some hair vitamins and that Dr.Miracle's "hot gro" hair and scalp treatment. I'll buy them when I get the chance to do so, but for now I'm just researching the best products to use. Wish me luck on my hair growth journey! I want to reach BSL by March next year! Let's see how much length I can retain by then!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CSDicey92 For This Useful Post:

mz_robyn (11-04-2015), NJoy (12-09-2015)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So, we were down for a bit because Vbulletin (this is a vbulletin forum) has majorly hacked. So before getting back online, we had to make sure the all of our data was safe and that the security measures that we have in place held up. I got the all clear but didn't know that "I" had to enable the boards again. D'oh!!

In any case, I've been busy wrapping up year-end stuff with NJoy Essentials, preparing for some new releases and trying to stay on top of the Black Friday sales events. I'm caught up but still working the Christmas events. Oy vay.

Now that I have a chance, I want to share a Challenger's Progress pics that she submitted to me to share. I'll just post it as a graphic.

Congratulations, Shamiya! Even with being busy and taking 2 months off, you have beautiful progress!

Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CSDicey92 View Post
    Hey divas!

It's been way too long since I've last been on here! So since I just got my hair relaxed on Friday, I decided to post a pic of my growth! My hair has gotten longer and thicker, but I think it's time for a trim. I haven't gotten a trim since March, so I am definitely long overdue. I need to do something about my hair frizzing as well. I want to buy some more hair products. I may be a bit of a product junkie but I actually think these products are necessary for my hair maintenance. I plan to buy a heat protectant, some organic oils to massage into my scalp and a hairdress. I'm contemplating on buying some hair vitamins and that Dr.Miracle's "hot gro" hair and scalp treatment. I'll buy them when I get the chance to do so, but for now I'm just researching the best products to use. Wish me luck on my hair growth journey! I want to reach BSL by March next year! Let's see how much length I can retain by then!

Your hair looks beautiful.

I hesistate to give my thoughts on products outside of my own but, Dr Miracle products are heavily based in petroleum and mineral oils. You should avoid synthetic ingredients, primarily these two, especially if they are high up on the ingredients list (ingredients are listed in the order of highest to lowest amounts). These work against growth but are cheap for manufacturers to use. Please always read all ingredients labels carefully, especially focusing on the first 5 ingredients. The same with the hairdress. Stay away from Petroleum and mineral oil.

I can't remember whether you said you were using NJoy's hair growth oil or not but, if you are, there's a Buy One, Get One 50% off sale going on now at NJoy Essentials. All the oils used are natural oils and promote maximum growth. But, that's up to you. I don't push. Just sharing info.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So, for my update, I've been really njoying my hair lately. Yes, I have a lot going on IRL but, I also have been making time to get back to pampering myself. I called myself braiding my hair down so that I can start wigging for the winter as my protective styling choice. But, my hair has been so soft and moisturized lately that I don't want to put it away just yet. I'm mostly in twists or small Celie braids and then bun the ends. I'm very happy with how my hair is behaving lately.

I did cut out a couple of mini dreds that I got last month for neglecting my hair but, there's so much hair that it really doesn't bother me to have to cut or trim anymore. I loved wearing my hair out and feel comfortable that I don't want to grow any longer. So, I continue to grow and trim just to make sure that I get a nice thick, healthy hemline. Because of the random cuts, I do have some small sections that I'll let catch up. But, I think I want to stay around w'hip length (between waist and hip). I keep growing to hip and then trimming back a little. Because of the thickness of natural hair, I don't want to look like a column of hair whenever I wear it straight. I think I'd like a "u" or "v" shape when straight so that you can see my waist going in. That will keep me from looking like a column and will look a lot more flattering, I think. Especially since I've lost weight and am back down to my ideal size.

I don't think I'll wear my hair straight much anyway but, to have it hovering halfway down my back natural is nice too. My twists hang at a nice length. And as I said, my hair has been very moisturized and vibrant lately so, I'm a happy camper. I'm planning to share my routine in an upcoming video soon.
    Let's grow some hair!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

mz_robyn (12-13-2015)

Thanks

Hello, Divas.

Hope that the late fall weather is as kind to y'all as it's been to me in Texas! I do NOT look forward to winter down here as the air is dry and wreaks havoc on hair. *Snarl!*

Mz. NJoy, I have two questions:

1) How long does an unused jar of pomade stay effective? I was wondering that in the event I buy a second jar and may take my time getting around to it. I also can't find the first jar I bought at the beginning of the year. (Ooops!)

2) Will you be having a BOGO on your hair vitamins? I really would like to try them as a two month supply

Thanks!
    In the process of coming into my own in every aspect of my life.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mz_robyn For This Useful Post:

NJoy (12-16-2015)

Thanks

I forgot to share a rather embarrassing (To me) story.

I was on YT when I saw a vid for Motions Pre-Wash Detangling Butter for Natural Textures. I was excited yet dubious b/c my hair was hotter than hot in the hot mess department at the time and I thought "Man, if it works on THIS hot mess I'd buy it for life!" As I saw more reviews the more interested I became in the product. I was happy when I found it at H-E-B for about $6.00. I wait a few days to use it (Ya know, laziness.) I finally get around to it and it DID melt them tangles out like butter! I was finally able to run a detangling brush up & through my hair! It also smelled good with all kinds of healthy oils so that was a perk!

This is where it gets embarrassing.

I thought that I could leave it in my hair for a couple days to get the most detangling action for my time, so I put on a shower cap, put on my wig cap and wig then went about my business."I'll wash it out later this week," I say to myself. Later that week when I go to finger comb it,I found some parts of my hair an even WORSE rat's nest than when I started! Panicked, I tried to detangle what I could by hand then slathered even MORE of the butter on, waited 20 minutes and PRAYED when I detangled it THIS TIME that I wouldn't be rocking the cabbage patch look (which isn't even really that cute even for the cabbage patch dolls!) A bit a of hair came out but I wasn't sure if it was due to the fact I hadn't fooled with my hair in a while and it was built up shed hair or because of the goof up I did (Might have been both). That's when I realized I was to leave it in for only 20 minutes for extremely dry/tangled hair! Thank GOD I still had a full head of hair after my hair brained scheme!

Note to self: Stop being a lazy natural and actually put in the work lest I wanna look like a Brillo padded Cabbage Patch Doll.
    In the process of coming into my own in every aspect of my life.