Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyjuan View Post
    How's everyone's summer routine going? What are some new things you are trying and some things you've been thinking about trying but haven't yet or want to know more about?
    I've been wearing my hair out a little more these days, in no heat styles. But, I'd love to straighten my hair to see the length. The only thing, is when it's out, I want texture back. I'll probably do a braidout on blown out hair soon to see if I'm near that goal length.

Meantime, it's time for another wash and deep conditioning again.

Even tho I'm wearing a few braidouts and puffs, I usually end up with my hair in a bun and I keep one twisty bang in the front to pull on and twirl when I'm reading.

Here's what I'm usually looking like.

(Sorry about the moster-sized pic)

I'm amazed at how long my bang stretches because it's the shortest part of my hair. When I big chopped, I didn't know what to do with my hair. I just knew I didn't want it in my face. So, I cut a bang. As my hair grew longer, I regretted cutting a bang but, it serves me well now.

Ok, so I've been slacking on drinking water lately. Not that I don't want to but, I caught my dog licking at the spigot on my water tank. Now I'm completely grossed out at the thought of getting water from the tank. I've sterilized it a few times but, I. just. can't. So, i'm trying to order a cover of some sort for the water tank. Ahhhhh, puppies.

I hope everyone's doing well. Check in, please. I'm still getting a lot of back-end, private messages and the board is looking pretty slow. I know there's some updates that can be posted. C'mon! Share!!!

I'm planning to do a "Post your growth pics" sort of giveaway within the next few days. Anything to see some pics. I mean, who doesn't love seeing pics? I'll keep you posted. Meantime, post away. Any questions? Anyone need help? Any progress to report? I'm watching.
    Let's grow some hair!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Cheyjuan (07-29-2015), precious_rare (08-11-2015)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It's a contest just for our customers.

You've been submitting great reviews. Here's your chance to show off your healthy hair growth.
    Whether it's an inch or 10 inches, we want to see!

Enter the "Show Off Your Growth Photo Contest"
    to WIN A FREE bottle of NJoy's Long& Healthy Hair Growth Oil!

Head over to http://bit.ly/1MnkGL3 for details. Good luck and Happy Hair Growing! ~ NJoy
    Let's grow some hair!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Cheyjuan (07-29-2015)

Thanks

Hola Divas!

Hope everything is well with everyone. It's been another minute as I had 2 more deaths in the family, was in school for IT and working 1/2 shifts at work so once again my hair has been slightly neglected.

On the upside, everyone I know has been noticing that I am losing weight! I haven't weighed myself yet but I am so happy to hear that! I hope to lose maybe 25 pounds. Less weight+more energy=healthier me/faster hair growth!

Still maintaining my water intake of 1 to 3 liters daily, especially since Texas summers are unkind to everyone, including natural sistas such as yours truly lol.

I can't believe it'll be 6 months on the 31st since I've been natural and I will do a blowout/ haircut/length check on that day to see the progress & post a picture. After that, my hair will be cornrowed under wigs with the pomade as I will be exercising and training for my first 5K in November. I'm just happy it grew back at ALL after my setback.

Take care, y'all!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mz_robyn For This Useful Post:

Cheyjuan (07-29-2015), NJoy (07-28-2015)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mz_robyn View Post
    Hola Divas!

Hope everything is well with everyone. It's been another minute as I had 2 more deaths in the family, was in school for IT and working 1/2 shifts at work so once again my hair has been slightly neglected.

On the upside, everyone I know has been noticing that I am losing weight! I haven't weighed myself yet but I am so happy to hear that! I hope to lose maybe 25 pounds. Less weight+more energy=healthier me/faster hair growth!

Still maintaining my water intake of 1 to 3 liters daily, especially since Texas summers are unkind to everyone, including natural sistas such as yours truly lol.

I can't believe it'll be 6 months on the 31st since I've been natural and I will do a blowout/ haircut/length check on that day to see the progress & post a picture. After that, my hair will be cornrowed under wigs with the pomade as I will be exercising and training for my first 5K in November. I'm just happy it grew back at ALL after my setback.

Take care, y'all!
    So sorry about the deaths, Robyn. That's hard. Praying you and every grieving heart is strengthened and comforted.

Looking forward to your 6 months progress. And, woohoo on the weight loss. You'll be in great shape for that 5K. I'm tired just thinking about it. Wishing you much success in all your endeavors.

(thought I responded to this already. I'm know for leaving windows open, unsubmitted. lol)
    Let's grow some hair!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

mz_robyn (07-29-2015)

Thanks

I'm so sorry about your loss of loved ones. That is always such a tough thing. It presses pause on life and makes one feel really weird, so I'm sure we all understand. On the brighter side, I am SO HAPPY that you've lost weight , since that is your desire! That is awesome. Summer is a time for improvement for sure! I can't imagine a Texas summer. In MI, we've had 90 degree weather for the past few days. I am loving it and going to the beach. I've been off and on about water. My husband's been drinking from my water bottle and leaving it empty so when I can enjoy nice, nearly frozen water, I do. I want to create a challenge for myself where that is all I have for the next 2 weeks. We'll see how that goes. Don't worry about your hair! Not to neglect it but sometimes when you don't touch it and forget about it, you achieve awesome results and shock yourself! Stay positive and happy!

Hola Divas!

Take care, y'all!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheyjuan For This Useful Post:

mz_robyn (07-30-2015)

Thanks

I LOVE THIS GROWTH! Oh wow, how beautiful! I can't wait to reach my goal! I was thinking that maybe because it's summer, everyone is busy enjoying the weather but if you have messages, I hope people start to share more! I'm sad talking to myself haha!
    I'd love to see those before and afters-I've always loved those, even back when I was little watching Jenny Jones and they'd do makeovers. I love that stuff, it's pretty cool! Keep having interviews so I'm sad I haven't been able to stay curly because my hair looks crazy when I do that. I don't even look good really in the buns-although once I find something, that's what I will go back to. I wish I could do cool straw sets and twist outs but for now, I'm just thankful that I've been knowledgeable enough to know how to care for my hair, even while using heat. I'm inverting this week using the warm growth oil and pomade in alternation. I'm loving this DC I'm in right now! My scalp loves it and hair needed it. I want to be waist length already! HAHA! I've been slacking in water intake a bit but that's okay, I'll be better starting...NOW! I've been a little tressed lately so I'm trying to keep that on low. I've also gotten back to my video diary of my hair journey so, that's good.

Happy July, almost August everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    I've been wearing my hair out a little more these days, in no heat styles. But, I'd love to straighten my hair to see the length. The only thing, is when it's out, I want texture back. I'll probably do a braidout on blown out hair soon to see if I'm near that goal length.

Meantime, it's time for another wash and deep conditioning again.

Even tho I'm wearing a few braidouts and puffs, I usually end up with my hair in a bun and I keep one twisty bang in the front to pull on and twirl when I'm reading.

Here's what I'm usually looking like.

(Sorry about the moster-sized pic)

I'm amazed at how long my bang stretches because it's the shortest part of my hair. When I big chopped, I didn't know what to do with my hair. I just knew I didn't want it in my face. So, I cut a bang. As my hair grew longer, I regretted cutting a bang but, it serves me well now.

Ok, so I've been slacking on drinking water lately. Not that I don't want to but, I caught my dog licking at the spigot on my water tank. Now I'm completely grossed out at the thought of getting water from the tank. I've sterilized it a few times but, I. just. can't. So, i'm trying to order a cover of some sort for the water tank. Ahhhhh, puppies.

I hope everyone's doing well. Check in, please. I'm still getting a lot of back-end, private messages and the board is looking pretty slow. I know there's some updates that can be posted. C'mon! Share!!!

I'm planning to do a "Post your growth pics" sort of giveaway within the next few days. Anything to see some pics. I mean, who doesn't love seeing pics? I'll keep you posted. Meantime, post away. Any questions? Anyone need help? Any progress to report? I'm watching.

Thanks

What a difference 6 months made! I never woulda imagined that I would be posting pics of myself with short hair 6 months ago!

So, I went to the place that did my BC & and acted like they didn't wanna do my hair! Guess who will NEVER see me or my money again?

Then I go to Wal-Mart to have my hair done instead. I was SO happy with the growth rate and length retention! I can't wait for my anniversary January 31st 2016!

Sorry for the goofy faces!

20150131_135941.jpg BC 1-31-15

20150731_140707.jpg Little bit before the appointment.

20150731_172049.jpg Freshly washed. Shrinkage is REAL! Never thought I'd have a fro, though.

20150731_174544.jpg Blown out, ready for heat.

20150731_190708.jpg The finished look. The ends are a bit rough (Scab hair, maybe?) and needs to be trimmed by 1/2 an inch but otherwise I am rocking a full, thick head of healthy hair! I want my hair a little bit longer before I start wearing it out so braids & wigs for me for a little while longer. It's about neck length ATM. I went from 1/4 inch hair to low neck length in 6 months. Not bad IMHO!

My 14 YO spiritual baby brother told me to throw away all my wigs as he liked my real hair better! LOL, teenagers.

Take care, ladies!
    In the process of coming into my own in every aspect of my life.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mz_robyn For This Useful Post:

NJoy (08-28-2015)

Thanks

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have come a long way!!! I am so happy for you! Shrinkage is real!

What a difference 6 months made! I never woulda imagined that I would be posting pics of myself with short hair 6 months ago!

So, I went to the place that did my BC & and acted like they didn't wanna do my hair! Guess who will NEVER see me or my money again?

Then I go to Wal-Mart to have my hair done instead. I was SO happy with the growth rate and length retention! I can't wait for my anniversary January 31st 2016!

Sorry for the goofy faces!

20150131_135941.jpg BC 1-31-15

20150731_140707.jpg Little bit before the appointment.

20150731_172049.jpg Freshly washed. Shrinkage is REAL! Never thought I'd have a fro, though.

20150731_174544.jpg Blown out, ready for heat.

20150731_190708.jpg The finished look. The ends are a bit rough (Scab hair, maybe?) and needs to be trimmed by 1/2 an inch but otherwise I am rocking a full, thick head of healthy hair! I want my hair a little bit longer before I start wearing it out so braids & wigs for me for a little while longer. It's about neck length ATM. I went from 1/4 inch hair to low neck length in 6 months. Not bad IMHO!

My 14 YO spiritual baby brother told me to throw away all my wigs as he liked my real hair better! LOL, teenagers.

Take care, ladies!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheyjuan For This Useful Post:

mz_robyn (08-07-2015)

Thanks

I've been wearing my hair in an afro for the past few days...I'm trying to get used to it so I'm excited to learn and do cool things in the future. My texture and thickness are back. I'm going to upload changes on my anniversary date. I have one section of WL hair that I felt in the shower but I'm not going to straighten it AT LEAST until October but I want to actually wait until December, when I am hoping to be WHIP at least. We'll see. Wish me luck! I'm taking my hair vitamins and drinking more water. I inverted last month and have been using the pomade and oil in alternation. I'm hoping for big change after embracing my fully natural texture. Its been a year since my last keratin treatment so I'm hoping it all washes out very soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyjuan View Post
    I've been wearing my hair in an afro for the past few days...I'm trying to get used to it so I'm excited to learn and do cool things in the future. My texture and thickness are back. I'm going to upload changes on my anniversary date. I have one section of WL hair that I felt in the shower but I'm not going to straighten it AT LEAST until October but I want to actually wait until December, when I am hoping to be WHIP at least. We'll see. Wish me luck! I'm taking my hair vitamins and drinking more water. I inverted last month and have been using the pomade and oil in alternation. I'm hoping for big change after embracing my fully natural texture. Its been a year since my last keratin treatment so I'm hoping it all washes out very soon.
    Very nicely done! How long have you been inverting & how is it working for you?
    In the process of coming into my own in every aspect of my life.