Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Thanks

Re: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

It's been way too long since I've said anything in this post. How have you all been?

I've been taking a break from the sulphur oil mix that I've been using because even though there has been progress, I can't deal with the grease, the smell and of course my silver getting tarnished. I made a moisturizing spray with 200 ml distilled water, 60 drops of lavender oil and rosemary oil and about 10 ml each of castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil and jojoba oil. I'm wondering if applying this spray to my hair and scalp will not only keep my ends and my new growth moisturized, but also help me grow my hair some more.

I've been doing the GHE method more or less every day and trying to cut down on the amount manipulation my hair goes through daily. I want to try co-washing more often so I'm thinking about what would be the best kind of conditioner to use. I have fine hair that is normal, relaxed and not experiencing any major breakage. Though my hair has a habit of frizzing but I'm working on how to combat this. Should I use a fortifying conditioner or a moisturizing conditioner? Also do you have any tips to help me with moisturizing my hair and growing it longer?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CSDicey92 View Post
    It's been way too long since I've said anything in this post. How have you all been?

I've been taking a break from the sulphur oil mix that I've been using because even though there has been progress, I can't deal with the grease, the smell and of course my silver getting tarnished. I made a moisturizing spray with 200 ml distilled water, 60 drops of lavender oil and rosemary oil and about 10 ml each of castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil and jojoba oil. I'm wondering if applying this spray to my hair and scalp will not only keep my ends and my new growth moisturized, but also help me grow my hair some more.

I've been doing the GHE method more or less every day and trying to cut down on the amount manipulation my hair goes through daily. I want to try co-washing more often so I'm thinking about what would be the best kind of conditioner to use. I have fine hair that is normal, relaxed and not experiencing any major breakage. Though my hair has a habit of frizzing but I'm working on how to combat this. Should I use a fortifying conditioner or a moisturizing conditioner? Also do you have any tips to help me with moisturizing my hair and growing it longer?
    Welcome back!

Sounds like you were using way too much oil. What mix were you using? That sounds like when I originally tried MTG. I now have my Hair Growth Formula in a Pomade so that is in a cream base. There's not dripping from overuse. It absorbs completely into the scalp and gives an awesome tingle to get the hair growing. Here's a link for more info, if you're interested.

I think your spritz sounds good for moisturizing your hair as needed. Rosemary and lavender are good for growing hair at the scalp. Basically the spritz would would be more of a moisturizer.

Whether you need to use a fortifying conditioner or moisturizing conditioner depends on your hair's protein-moisture balance. I'm out and can't link you but, you can google Protein-Moisture Balance Test to find out which your hair needs. Since your hair is relaxed and you're GHE often, I would add a light protein like Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor to washday every week or two (depending on whether your hair needs the extra protein to combat moisture overload) and then follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioning or conditioner. In my relaxed days, my hair LOVED Neutragena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner or the Recovery Hair Mask, as well as the Silk Touch Leave In.

As for tips, I did a Supercharge Your Hair Growth Series and posted the information here. I think there's some really good information that will help to get your growth moving nicely.

Hope that helps!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cleared my inbox. I know there were a few bounces. If you tried me, try me again.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Welcome back!

Sounds like you were using way too much oil. What mix were you using? That sounds like when I originally tried MTG. I now have my Hair Growth Formula in a Pomade so that is in a cream base. There's not dripping from overuse. It absorbs completely into the scalp and gives an awesome tingle to get the hair growing. Here's a link for more info, if you're interested.

I think your spritz sounds good for moisturizing your hair as needed. Rosemary and lavender are good for growing hair at the scalp. Basically the spritz would would be more of a moisturizer.

Whether you need to use a fortifying conditioner or moisturizing conditioner depends on your hair's protein-moisture balance. I'm out and can't link you but, you can google Protein-Moisture Balance Test to find out which your hair needs. Since your hair is relaxed and you're GHE often, I would add a light protein like Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor to washday every week or two (depending on whether your hair needs the extra protein to combat moisture overload) and then follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioning or conditioner. In my relaxed days, my hair LOVED Neutragena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner or the Recovery Hair Mask, as well as the Silk Touch Leave In.

As for tips, I did a Supercharge Your Hair Growth Series and posted the information here. I think there's some really good information that will help to get your growth moving nicely.

Hope that helps!

It's good to be back!

I wasn't using that much oil really, because I used an applicator bottle and there wasn't any dripping. But nonetheless my hair got kind of greasy. Though I think because my hair is fine, it also tends to get greasy easily so maybe I really was using too much oil. The sulphur mix I used was the same oils I use in my spritz minus the sulphur and I used different proportions of course. In the sulphur mix I used olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, rosemary oil and lavender oil. I might try the sulphur mix again later on in the year though, but I'll take a different approach to it. I used the baggy/GHE method right after I applied the sulphur mix and massaged my scalp.

A pomade sounds divine! I would love to try it, but I'm overseas so I really don't know how the shipping and handling would work out. Maybe I can find a decent enough substitute over here, but I doubt it.

My spritz leaves my scalp feeling all nice and tingly. I wonder if that means that it's working and will stimulate some more hair growth instead of just keeping my new growth and ends moisturized. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm getting my hair relaxed next week so I wonder how much growth I'll get between now and then. I'll probably do the inversion method this week and use the sulphur mix just this once I guess.

Now that you mention it, I actually use the Aphogee 2 Minute Protein Reconstructor every other week for my light protein treatment. I alternate between that and my moisturizing treatment. When I do my deep conditioning I use the Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo and the Intensive Conditioning Treatment. I use the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner for my co-wash as well, along with the L'Oreal EverSleek Reparative Smoothing Conditioner. Currently, I'm using a TRESemme Silk Protein Conditioner to co-wash, but I have the Neutrogena and L'Oreal leftover so I'll finish using those eventually before I decide to go out and buy another conditioner. I think what I can do when I do get a new conditioner for my co-washing, is to use a fortifying conditioner during the week where I'll do a moisture treatment on wash day and then use a moisturizing conditioner during the week where I'll be doing a light protein treatment. Speaking of protein treatments, I am long overdue for a hard protein treatment. I just bought the Mizani Purifying and Hydrafuse, so I plan to get the Kerafuse next so I can treat my hair. Though I might just decide to bring those with me to the salon and have it done there because I want to make sure it's done right. They have a new product called Fiberfyl that seems like it'll be a good protein treatment as well so I want to check that out too.

I'll definitely check out the Supercharge Your Hair Growth Series because I need all the help I can get. My hair was cut recently, like some time back in March when I went for a protein treatment. The lady said she was just gonna "even out my ends", but the thing is that my hair has never been even so I really didn't know what to expect. I was hoping for a trim since the last trim I got was like in January or December. She ended up cutting off a good three inches of my hair and I was so pissed because all my growth literally went down the drain. I ended up having to start all over again since my hair went back to the same length it was when I began my HHJ this year. Ugh, never again! I still get annoyed thinking about it because my hair could have been so much longer now.

2015-03-21_14.22.13.jpg

My goal is to get to at least BSL by the end of this year, so experiences these kinds of setbacks put me on edge. But I'm just hoping everything will work out in the end. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll post a pic of where my hair is at after I get my hair relaxed next week. Here's to lots of progress and meeting my hair length goals!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CSDicey92 For This Useful Post:

NJoy (05-27-2015)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CSDicey92 View Post
    It's good to be back!

I wasn't using that much oil really, because I used an applicator bottle and there wasn't any dripping. But nonetheless my hair got kind of greasy. Though I think because my hair is fine, it also tends to get greasy easily so maybe I really was using too much oil. The sulphur mix I used was the same oils I use in my spritz minus the sulphur and I used different proportions of course. In the sulphur mix I used olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, rosemary oil and lavender oil. I might try the sulphur mix again later on in the year though, but I'll take a different approach to it. I used the baggy/GHE method right after I applied the sulphur mix and massaged my scalp.

A pomade sounds divine! I would love to try it, but I'm overseas so I really don't know how the shipping and handling would work out. Maybe I can find a decent enough substitute over here, but I doubt it.

My spritz leaves my scalp feeling all nice and tingly. I wonder if that means that it's working and will stimulate some more hair growth instead of just keeping my new growth and ends moisturized. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm getting my hair relaxed next week so I wonder how much growth I'll get between now and then. I'll probably do the inversion method this week and use the sulphur mix just this once I guess.

Now that you mention it, I actually use the Aphogee 2 Minute Protein Reconstructor every other week for my light protein treatment. I alternate between that and my moisturizing treatment. When I do my deep conditioning I use the Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo and the Intensive Conditioning Treatment. I use the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner for my co-wash as well, along with the L'Oreal EverSleek Reparative Smoothing Conditioner. Currently, I'm using a TRESemme Silk Protein Conditioner to co-wash, but I have the Neutrogena and L'Oreal leftover so I'll finish using those eventually before I decide to go out and buy another conditioner. I think what I can do when I do get a new conditioner for my co-washing, is to use a fortifying conditioner during the week where I'll do a moisture treatment on wash day and then use a moisturizing conditioner during the week where I'll be doing a light protein treatment. Speaking of protein treatments, I am long overdue for a hard protein treatment. I just bought the Mizani Purifying and Hydrafuse, so I plan to get the Kerafuse next so I can treat my hair. Though I might just decide to bring those with me to the salon and have it done there because I want to make sure it's done right. They have a new product called Fiberfyl that seems like it'll be a good protein treatment as well so I want to check that out too.

I'll definitely check out the Supercharge Your Hair Growth Series because I need all the help I can get. My hair was cut recently, like some time back in March when I went for a protein treatment. The lady said she was just gonna "even out my ends", but the thing is that my hair has never been even so I really didn't know what to expect. I was hoping for a trim since the last trim I got was like in January or December. She ended up cutting off a good three inches of my hair and I was so pissed because all my growth literally went down the drain. I ended up having to start all over again since my hair went back to the same length it was when I began my HHJ this year. Ugh, never again! I still get annoyed thinking about it because my hair could have been so much longer now.

2015-03-21_14.22.13.jpg

My goal is to get to at least BSL by the end of this year, so experiences these kinds of setbacks put me on edge. But I'm just hoping everything will work out in the end. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll post a pic of where my hair is at after I get my hair relaxed next week. Here's to lots of progress and meeting my hair length goals!
    Sorry about the setback but, it looks like your hair is rebounding nicely. Here's to you reaching your goals in 2015!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hola, Chicas!

Lots of PM's waiting on me, huh? I think I've responded to everyone. Some of you had problems being able to post because your accounts were submitted for manual approval. This happens when your email address or your username triggers our spam filters. It's hard trying to keep the spammers off the boards but, we're doing it. Manual approvals slow down when things get crazy busy with NJoy Essentials or if I'm on vacation, like I was over the weekend. I flew to NY to see my niece for the first time. She's 6 months old and soooooo beautiful. I had to wait until things thawed out up there for a minute. But enough of that. Onto hair.

So, I've been working on changing the format for the Challenge. I'm getting really excited because I plan to do lots of giveaways and contests. Who doesn't like contests. We have to shake things up around here and get more of you out of my inbox and onto the forum. I appreciate those of you who are beta testing MHJ, which is our online hair journal. That's coming along nicely and soon, the Growth Challenge will be tied to recording progress in our journals and with lots of goodies for everyone. I've been busy behind the scenes with getting giveaway sponsors and setting up details of how this thing will work. I think it will be more exciting all around. And hopefully, it will bring out some of you lurkers. (Yep. I can see you from this side. ) I'll have more details about that soon. In the meantime, I'm also working on the first giveaway, which I'll announce on Friday.

Now, for my own hair update, while in NY, I took no products for my hair. I didn't want to check any bags and was worried about traveling with liquids in my carryon. So, I used the hotel conditioner (boo) and basically kept my hair in a bun or wrapped in a decorative scarf. So you know a good deep conditioning was greatly needed after my 4 day trip. I was too lazy to detangle (hey, it was a long, busy weekend) so, I'm planning on a thorough detangling session tonight and then into 2-strand twists for now. I'm overdue for a length check and probably a trim. I find that it's not as easy to tell if I need a trim with my natural hair but, there's something about freshly cut ends that sound and feel yummy. We're almost half way through the year so, I think a small trim won't hurt. I'm not on a trimming schedule and only trim when I think my hair may need it. Moreso than when I was relaxed, I notice. Also, I feel a knotted section in the back of my hair. I hope to be able to patiently detangle that. I think I felt when I actually made a knot so, we'll see.

On a good note, I've been drinking nothing but water or unsweetened grean tea lately. I hope that will combat some of the stress that I've been feeling worrying about some family members lately. That and getting some woosah'g in.

So, what's going on with you? Chime in, Divas.

Meantime, here I am with my Pumpkin Pie!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Let's grow some hair!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

mz_robyn (06-11-2015)

Thanks

Hello Ladies.

Please notice that CheyJuan is not wearing a new MODERATOR hat.

I appreciate her assistance with our growing forums and in keeping the boards and conversations moving along nicely. She'd already been a member of the board so, no need to but let me still officially welcome our new MOD, CheyJuan!

As I mentioned, there are some changes that are coming online to make things a little more fun around here. If you are interested in assisting, as well, please let me know.

Thanks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Cheyjuan (06-09-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hello Ladies.

Please notice that CheyJuan is not wearing a new MODERATOR hat.

I appreciate her assistance with our growing forums and in keeping the boards and conversations moving along nicely. She'd already been a member of the board so, no need to but let me still officially welcome our new MOD, CheyJuan!

As I mentioned, there are some changes that are coming online to make things a little more fun around here. If you are interested in assisting, as well, please let me know.

Thanks!
    That is so nice! Thank you!!! How warm!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheyjuan For This Useful Post:

mz_robyn (06-11-2015), NJoy (06-10-2015)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Lordt. I've been in the hospital.

I've been under a lot of stress lately and started having chest pains. With the family history of heart problems on my mom's side, I had to go and have it checked out. Been in the hospital a couple days with low potassium and high blood pressure but, my heart is fine. Discharged from the hospital yesterday and am feeling 100% now. I'm still ordered to take it easy. But, why couldn't I get the dr to go ahead and officially prescribe me a vacation? Ah well.

I was also dehydrated. I'm only really drinking water but, I just hadn't been drinking enough water lately. This is a reminder to me to up my water intake. Anyone else slipping on drinking water? I'm about to go grab some now.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Red face Re: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Oh Lordt. I've been in the hospital.

I've been under a lot of stress lately and started having chest pains. With the family history of heart problems on my mom's side, I had to go and have it checked out. Been in the hospital a couple days with low potassium and high blood pressure but, my heart is fine. Discharged from the hospital yesterday and am feeling 100% now. I'm still ordered to take it easy. But, why couldn't I get the dr to go ahead and officially prescribe me a vacation? Ah well.

I was also dehydrated. I'm only really drinking water but, I just hadn't been drinking enough water lately. This is a reminder to me to up my water intake. Anyone else slipping on drinking water? I'm about to go grab some now.
    Oh thank the goodness of God that you're feeling well! I have recently been on top of water intake, so I'm all good!
    ♡Just a girl growing her pretty coils n' curls♥