Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: NJoy's Hair Growth Challenge Thread!!! Come on in!

Quote Originally Posted by skbsfiness View Post
    Hi,
    I am roughly a year into my transition. I usually keep my hair in weaves so I don't have much of a regimen besides essential oils and coconut oil. So I'm open to suggestions and product recommendations. I believe my hair is 4b and shoulder length. My goal is to be bra strap length by Christmas. Good luck to everyone on their journey.
    Are you planning to continue transitioning in weaves? Congrats on 1 year in. To get the best growth, check out the information posted in the threads here.

I'm looking forward to your growth journey. Happy Hair Growing!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So, yeah. The site was down yesterday. We've had some upgrades done for the security of the site. Thankful that my husband is a security expert.

And me! I'm loving this warm weather! I love this time of year for hair because, generally speaking, most people get growth spurts during the warmer months. Where the winter may seem to cause growth to slow down, the warmer weather is where we rack in some length.

Please be sure to consistently use your hair growth oil daily or, at least, every other day. Remember to massage the scalp, even on the days that you don't apply the oil.

I know some may not like to have oil on the scalp during the summer. For this, there are two solutions, apply the oil at night or switch to our hair growth pomade, instead. It has all the same active ingredients but in a cream base. When you massage the pomade onto the scalp, it is completely absorbed into the scalp with no oily residue. You'll still feel a warming sensation, if not moreso. This is a great option for those who wear your hair straight and don't want oil to weigh your hair down.

For those who wear your hair in more textured styles, if you use the oil during the day, the heat may cause the oil to loosen up a bit. But this will further seal your daily moisture into your new growth. The oil base is perfect for strengthening and moisturizing the new growth. This is part of why the hair grows out stronger and thicker.

Now, if you're using the oil during the day, also remember that a little goes a long way. You want just enough to moisten the scalp. Think about how much you would lotion you'd use to moisturize your skin.

I've been on a break with using the oil because I have to stop to get used to new lengths as a natural. I think I'm going to start using the pomade for the next few months. I'm used to sticking with the oil but, the raves coming in for the pomade has me wanting to go that route. Besides, it'll work better for me while I travel and vacation this summer.

Which are you using? The hair growth oil or pomade?
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jayla View Post
    I can't believe I went natural today. Lol even after claiming to wait another six months like a week ago.
    But I did.
    May 8, 2015 is my official bc date.
    You were right Njoy. The thin ends weren't worth compromising the health of my natural hair.
    I really like my defined coily curls they deserve a round of applause.
    Next stop, BSL before the beginning of the 2015-16 school year!
    AMAZING!!!! And you will most likely have a carefree beautiful summer without sweat, tangles and poodle hair but enjoy it while you can bc it'll be back before you know it lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    So, yeah. The site was down yesterday. We've had some upgrades done for the security of the site. Thankful that my husband is a security expert.

And me! I'm loving this warm weather! I love this time of year for hair because, generally speaking, most people get growth spurts during the warmer months. Where the winter may seem to cause growth to slow down, the warmer weather is where we rack in some length.

Please be sure to consistently use your hair growth oil daily or, at least, every other day. Remember to massage the scalp, even on the days that you don't apply the oil.

I know some may not like to have oil on the scalp during the summer. For this, there are two solutions, apply the oil at night or switch to our hair growth pomade, instead. It has all the same active ingredients but in a cream base. When you massage the pomade onto the scalp, it is completely absorbed into the scalp with no oily residue. You'll still feel a warming sensation, if not moreso. This is a great option for those who wear your hair straight and don't want oil to weigh your hair down.

For those who wear your hair in more textured styles, if you use the oil during the day, the heat may cause the oil to loosen up a bit. But this will further seal your daily moisture into your new growth. The oil base is perfect for strengthening and moisturizing the new growth. This is part of why the hair grows out stronger and thicker.

Now, if you're using the oil during the day, also remember that a little goes a long way. You want just enough to moisten the scalp. Think about how much you would lotion you'd use to moisturize your skin.

I've been on a break with using the oil because I have to stop to get used to new lengths as a natural. I think I'm going to start using the pomade for the next few months. I'm used to sticking with the oil but, the raves coming in for the pomade has me wanting to go that route. Besides, it'll work better for me while I travel and vacation this summer.

Which are you using? The hair growth oil or pomade?
    Neither no money but when I'm able to buy, I will again. I'm so anxious for it! On a side note, I've made MBL. I used the oil and castor oil in tandem to grow it along with the inversion. After I ran out of NJoy's vitamins (again, anxious!), I started using MSM, biotin and my daily multi-vitamin everyday with DME (I'm not as disciplined with this anymore but I try to be). I think I may skip this month for inverting so that it will remain effective.

I just did a length check for a job interview and my new hair is not heat trained at all haha, which was refreshing. Although I currently am sitting in a setback stage because, when my mom gave me a wash, my hair in one or two sections, tangled severely. She didn't follow the steps I would have, however the woman grew my hair so I sat down and shut up. But, the blonde severely damaged hair (over my ears section and the one above that), although it seems to have gotten so much better (I mean my hair is in much better shape), tangled like a web at the site of her hands seemingly, underneath the sink's faucet. She is amazing, my mom. She got out one big knot (same place I think, other side) but this one, unlike the other, is so large it had taken her two days to attempt to take it out. It is hard and matted like...almost like a dreadlock but the size of 1 and a half oreos. We don't know what happened with my hair! She did use a "natural" shampoo with tea tree that made my hair clean (which I like but I don't...that squeaky clean is awful especially for damaged areas). She then, put on the conditioner. I don't know why she didn't try to comb the conditioner through...I'm not sure when it started because she didn't tell me. She said when she was conditioning it she felt it but it wasn't that big...I'm like WHY DIDN'T YOU COMB IT?! But it's my mom so anyway...

I don't want to cut it so I've let it sit in conditioner for two nights (with a night between because I couldn't have it be wet for the interview)...I covered it with my hair from the other side and pinned it down. It didn't look bad (until the humidity came and took over).It gave me an Aaliyah bang that just had a deeper part (going back further). I don't want to cut it out...It is about 3-4 inches from my scalp. So I'm going to work on it today. It's on the side and takes hair from the top (there's about an inch layer that is above it that isn't in there), and it is above my ears (about 2 inches [section] of hair is below it). It's like Idk....a ponytail. You know, you'll have one (a half one it seems or else it would be small) above it and one full one below. Wish me luck
    Last edited by Cheyjuan; 05-19-2015 at 12:10 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheyjuan For This Useful Post:

NJoy (05-19-2015)

Thanks

Are you planning to continue transitioning in weaves? Congrats on 1 year in. To get the best growth, check out the information posted in the threads here.

I'm looking forward to your growth journey. Happy Hair Growing!
    Thanks for the link. I've joined the hair challenge (I think) but I've yet to receive any email to access the daily tips and whatsnot. Plz help.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyjuan View Post
    Neither no money but when I'm able to buy, I will again. I'm so anxious for it! On a side note, I've made MBL. I used the oil and castor oil in tandem to grow it along with the inversion. After I ran out of NJoy's vitamins (again, anxious!), I started using MSM, biotin and my daily multi-vitamin everyday with DME (I'm not as disciplined with this anymore but I try to be). I think I may skip this month for inverting so that it will remain effective.

I just did a length check for a job interview and my new hair is not heat trained at all haha, which was refreshing. Although I currently am sitting in a setback stage because, when my mom gave me a wash, my hair in one or two sections, tangled severely. She didn't follow the steps I would have, however the woman grew my hair so I sat down and shut up. But, the blonde severely damaged hair (over my ears section and the one above that), although it seems to have gotten so much better (I mean my hair is in much better shape), tangled like a web at the site of her hands seemingly, underneath the sink's faucet. She is amazing, my mom. She got out one big knot (same place I think, other side) but this one, unlike the other, is so large it had taken her two days to attempt to take it out. It is hard and matted like...almost like a dreadlock but the size of 1 and a half oreos. We don't know what happened with my hair! She did use a "natural" shampoo with tea tree that made my hair clean (which I like but I don't...that squeaky clean is awful especially for damaged areas). She then, put on the conditioner. I don't know why she didn't try to comb the conditioner through...I'm not sure when it started because she didn't tell me. She said when she was conditioning it she felt it but it wasn't that big...I'm like WHY DIDN'T YOU COMB IT?! But it's my mom so anyway...

I don't want to cut it so I've let it sit in conditioner for two nights (with a night between because I couldn't have it be wet for the interview)...I covered it with my hair from the other side and pinned it down. It didn't look bad (until the humidity came and took over).It gave me an Aaliyah bang that just had a deeper part (going back further). I don't want to cut it out...It is about 3-4 inches from my scalp. So I'm going to work on it today. It's on the side and takes hair from the top (there's about an inch layer that is above it that isn't in there), and it is above my ears (about 2 inches [section] of hair is below it). It's like Idk....a ponytail. You know, you'll have one (a half one it seems or else it would be small) above it and one full one below. Wish me luck
    Girl! Good luck with that. You know I know a little something about knotting/matting up and it is not fun. My natural hair is so picky that it starts doing that if I don't at least finger detangle to remove shed hairs every 2-3 days. But the way my schedule is set up, I'm at risk often. I have a small knotted section towards the front of my hair, as we speak.

I love how you told the story tho.
    Let's grow some hair!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Cheyjuan (05-20-2015)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for the link. I've joined the hair challenge (I think) but I've yet to receive any email to access the daily tips and whatsnot. Plz help.
    Yeeeeeeaaaaauuuuhhhhh... that's my fault. I've been leaning more towards actually chatting in the forum and the facebook group and less time writing anything out. It's just been a time issue. As soon as I released the hair growth pomade, it's been hard to keep up with anything other than shipping out orders.

The emails were a part of the Supercharge Your Growth series. I have those posted here for convenience. I'll start sending out regular updates via email once I make some changes. I'm revisiting how the challenge is being run. We're talking here, I'm talking on FB, Twitter and supposed to be updating on youtube. I want to do more giveaways and showcasing member updates. Also, I've been working on a online hair journal to use in conjunction with the challenge so that we can better track each other's progress to support them, track our own activities to know what works and what does not for our individual hair types, and see our actual progress. We've been beta testing for a few months and it's actually ready for release. I'm just working on the rewards system component. I want to have some fun around here and GET FREE STUFF!

All that to say, hang here and hang on. We're about to step up how we're doing this thing.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Yeeeeeeaaaaauuuuhhhhh... that's my fault. I've been leaning more towards actually chatting in the forum and the facebook group and less time writing anything out. It's just been a time issue. As soon as I released the hair growth pomade, it's been hard to keep up with anything other than shipping out orders.

The emails were a part of the Supercharge Your Growth series. I have those posted here for convenience. I'll start sending out regular updates via email once I make some changes. I'm revisiting how the challenge is being run. We're talking here, I'm talking on FB, Twitter and supposed to be updating on youtube. I want to do more giveaways and showcasing member updates. Also, I've been working on a online hair journal to use in conjunction with the challenge so that we can better track each other's progress to support them, track our own activities to know what works and what does not for our individual hair types, and see our actual progress. We've been beta testing for a few months and it's actually ready for release. I'm just working on the rewards system component. I want to have some fun around here and GET FREE STUFF!

All that to say, hang here and hang on. We're about to step up how we're doing this thing.
    Okay great that sounds good. To answer your last question I do plan on continue transitioning with weaves. I'm actually going to crochet braid my hair this week. I typically oil my hair with a mixture of peppermint, tea tree, jojoba, and rosemary. What do you think?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Okay great that sounds good. To answer your last question I do plan on continue transitioning with weaves. I'm actually going to crochet braid my hair this week. I typically oil my hair with a mixture of peppermint, tea tree, jojoba, and rosemary. What do you think?
    Ooo! I hope you post pics of your crochet braids. Always a beautiful protective style. Your oil mix sounds good. Are you using on your scalp or hair?
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Ooo! I hope you post pics of your crochet braids. Always a beautiful protective style. Your oil mix sounds good. Are you using on your scalp or hair?
    I'm doing it tonight so I'll be sure to post tomorrow. I heat the oil and put it on my scalp and some on my hair then seal with she butter. I usually only put it in my hair maybe twice a week. I have to admit my hair is very soft like how I imagine a cloud would feel of you could feel a cloud lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to skbsfiness For This Useful Post:

NJoy (05-22-2015)