Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Sulfur Question

Thanks

Another Sulfur Question

I have been using Njoy's hair oil for about a week and my scalp is itchy. Does this mean my hair is growing or would it mean I'm allergic?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Another Sulfur Question

Quote Originally Posted by sdeloris37 View Post
    I have been using Njoy's hair oil for about a week and my scalp is itchy. Does this mean my hair is growing or would it mean I'm allergic?
    An allergic reaction will look red, irritated, maybe a rash, maybe swelling and will start within a short period after use (which is why I always recommend an overnight patch test).

An itching sensation can definitely be associated with growth (that's been my experience off and on). Itching can also come from needing to cleanse your scalp. Even tho the oil itself doesn't build up, regular dirt from the air, dried sweat (especially if you're sweating heavily from working out, for instance) and ordinary scalp debris can make it difficult for hair emerge because of clogged pores. In this case, it's always a good idea to make sure that you're regularly massaging your scalp and cleansing it regularly to make sure the pores in your scalp are clear. Keeping your hair wet and covering it up for long periods of time may also have you feeling itchy.

I suggest you cleanse your scalp and see if that helps. If you think you're having an allergic reaction, you can soothe your scalp by massaging pure aloe vera gel onto your scalp. Or, if you have swelling or a rash, massage hydrocortisone cream on your scalp. Benadryl will also help to stop the histimines from reacting and calm down any reaction.

But again, mild itching will subside if it's from a growth spurt. Just massage your scalp (which actually may temporarily kick up the effect because of the increased circulation) instead of scratching at it. Aloe gel will feel good.

If in doubt, cut it out. Stop using the formula for a few days and then do a patch test for 24 hours on a small spot in the nape or behind the ear and see if there's a reaction.

Hope that helps.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Thanks for replying back. Since my hair is in a buzz cut, I have been shampooing it on a daily basis with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo. That may be too much washing. I co-washed and the itching subsided a bit. I don't have a rash or swelling. Just itching, which I think like you said is a growth spurt. I'm going to do more scalp massages.

I think I found out what the culprit of the itching was. It was from not moisturizing. Even though, I have short hair, I still need to moisturize. So I'm upping my moisture with Scurl for a few days and then I'll go back to oil.
    Last edited by sdeloris37; 09-05-2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: needed to update

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for replying back. Since my hair is in a buzz cut, I have been shampooing it on a daily basis with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo. That may be too much washing. I co-washed and the itching subsided a bit. I don't have a rash or swelling. Just itching, which I think like you said is a growth spurt. I'm going to do more scalp massages.

I think I found out what the culprit of the itching was. It was from not moisturizing. Even though, I have short hair, I still need to moisturize. So I'm upping my moisture with Scurl for a few days and then I'll go back to oil.
    Daily shampoo'g is definitely too much and too drying to your scalp. If you want to wash daily, I would suggest cowashing with a rinse out type conditioner (maybe switch to the Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner instead). The conditioner still attracts dirt and oil and allows for it to be rinsed away without the harsh stripping that shampoo does. Even if it's not an SLS shampoo, too much shampoo'g is going to leave your scalp dry.

Glad you got to the bottom of that.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

I just recently bought Curl Junkie Daily Fix. I'm going to wash every 3 days and wash rinse other days. Thanks, NJoy.

Thanks

I've Been doing some research here lately on the Itchy Scalp. What I keep coming up with is: ACV Rinses and Aloe Vera Juice, both seems to work well for this. I did both tonite and my scalp feels refreshed and cool....and not Itching...YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to blueandblessed For This Useful Post:

NJoy (09-17-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks blueandblessed! You're absolutely right! ACV helps rid any build up and the aloe is healing and moisturizing. Another treat is massaging pure aloe gel on the scalp when it's itchy. Heaven!!!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Thanks. The only aloe vera gel I can find is the one by Fruit of the Earth. Is that one all right? TIA

Thanks

Thanks NJoy! Still LUV'N Ur Videos!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Thanks blueandblessed! You're absolutely right! ACV helps rid any build up and the aloe is healing and moisturizing. Another treat is massaging pure aloe gel on the scalp when it's itchy. Heaven!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blueandblessed For This Useful Post:

NJoy (09-19-2013)

Thanks

Yep that one and Lilly of the Desert. Walmart has it by the Jugs....

Thanks. The only aloe vera gel I can find is the one by Fruit of the Earth. Is that one all right? TIA