Thread: New Member

Thanks

I'm excited to finally be a member of this forum. My goal is to grow my hair back to where it was before I cut it, which was MBL. I've always had long hair as a relaxed head and natural. I got my first relaxer when I was 14, I believe. My family thought it was the worst mistake of my life, which now as an adult, it really was, but when you're a teenager, you want that straight hair. My natural was kinky and the only way to get it straight was press it out. Yes, I got the wash and press for years.

Once I got a relaxer, my hair broke off since I didn't stick to one stylist. It seems as if each stylist I was going to didn't know how to do hair. So I finally found one who I was satisfied with in 2004, I believe. I was 24 and my hair was probably APL, but thick. It was in bad shape. She got it back in shape and in 2009, my hair was MBL. I went to her every 3 weeks and got my touch ups every 12 weeks. She greased my scalp too. So, grease isn't that bad, even though, I don't use it anymore.

In 2009, I decided to go natural, so I transitioned for 6 months. I had a good amount of growth, but I still wasn't happy. So I relaxed it two months later. I missed my natural hair and cut it again after two more months. This was a pattern of mine for a few months. Well, in 2012, I decided to go bald. I always wanted really, really short hair. I let it grow out for a few months until I cut it again. I have been doing this for a year now. Now, I'm bald again and I really am serious about growing it out. I just started using a sulfur mix this week. So I'm going to use that 3 times a week and moisturize in between. I don't have any length right now since I'm bald headed. lol. I hope to get some soon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sdeloris37 For This Useful Post:

Tink (08-06-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: New Member

Welcome Sis. I admire you for being able to go bald. I think it's such a bold and confident statement...if you have the right head for it. My head would NOT be pleasant bald. But over the past weekend, I attended an event and saw at least 4 bald sisters. Wow! And you KNOW they were rocking it too.

Well, I'm glad you joined us so that we can watch your hair grow out to your goal length. I'm excited!
    Let's grow some hair!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

sdeloris37 (08-06-2013)

Thanks

Thanks. I cut it bald a lot because it gets so dry b/c I have a bad habit of washing my hair every day with sulfate free shampoo. But now, I only co-wash whenever I use the sulfur mix.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome! I'm looking forward to stalking, I mean watching your progress =)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tink For This Useful Post:

sdeloris37 (08-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Welcome! I'm looking forward to stalking, I mean watching your progress =)
    LOL. Thanks! No stalking.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sdeloris37 View Post
    Thanks. I cut it bald a lot because it gets so dry b/c I have a bad habit of washing my hair every day with sulfate free shampoo. But now, I only co-wash whenever I use the sulfur mix.
    I think you're going to find that the oil will renew the health of your scalp.
    Let's grow some hair!!