Thread: If you we're my nape, how would you grow?

Thanks

If you we're my nape, how would you grow?

My nape is the most disappointing and disgusting part of my hair. I just can't get it to RETAIN LENGTH. I can't wear it into a high bun or ponytail because of how embarrassing I feel about it. I have been moisturizing and sealing for almost a month and no results. I always get single strand knots no matter what. So, my question to you is this, if you had my nape how would you care for it? Please don't be shy, I want as much responds as possible so I can put together a new regimen for my NAPE.

Here comes the picture!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    4C
    18 month relaxer stretch
    Current: APL
    Goal: HIP
    challenges: GHE, Sulfur, vitamins, bunning, co wash, and Inversion

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: If you we're my nape, how would you grow?

Quote Originally Posted by playme123 View Post
    My nape is the most disappointing and disgusting part of my hair. I just can't get it to RETAIN LENGTH. I can't wear it into a high bun or ponytail because of how embarrassing I feel about it. I have been moisturizing and sealing for almost a month and no results. I always get single strand knots no matter what. So, my question to you is this, if you had my nape how would you care for it? Please don't be shy, I want as much responds as possible so I can put together a new regimen for my NAPE.

Here comes the picture!!!
    Keep doing what you're doing. Use the hair growth oil, massaging it in regularly and keep the hair moisturized. As it grows in, I'd start braiding it down and not try to pull it into your bun or pony tail. Baby the area with no tension. Be patient and consistent in care and it will definitely pay off. I've seen worse rebound, Sis. You can do it.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Red face Re: If you we're my nape, how would you grow?

Awww, chin up Playme.

I had to do a double take 'cause that looked JUST like my nape months ago before I got serious about growing it out.

I went from having barely an inch to having a MUCH fuller nape, and it's still growing! Here's what I did:

I made a horizontal cornrow and kept it very, very well moisturized (and sealed!).
    Having it out just caused it to get drier and drier despite my moisturizing and sealing efforts.
    Every month I'd undo the cornrow and redo it until one day there was no need to grasp for hair to plait! It's catching up nicely to the rest and so will yours

Let us know how you fare!

Love

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Love For This Useful Post:

NJoy (11-04-2013)