Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: ***NJoy's Long & Healthy Hair Growth Oil Challenge***

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: ***NJoy's Long & Healthy Hair Growth Oil Challenge***

Quote Originally Posted by curl_goddess View Post
    YAAAAYYY IM IN!!! TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE CHALLENGE AND IM EXCITED HEHEHE

Starting pic:Attachment 534 (this was right before a hair washing after a week of having my hair straightened..... nasty)
    Official Start Date: may 1
    Natural, Relaxed or Transitioning: ALL NATURAL BAYBEH
    Current Length:Current Length in inches (measured from hairline to ends): APL (not sure how many inches )
    2013 Goal Length: MBL BY THE END OF 2013
    What will you do to for physical activity? I workout 6 days a week, mostly P90X!!! (looking for an "X" emoticon....ahh well you get what i am saying lol.
    All that increased blood circulation from working out will really help you to see results soon. Wish I could be that dedicated.
    Let's grow some hair!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

curl_goddess (05-08-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm in and agree to try to meet all terms of this challenge! Hello and thanks again, NJoy!
    Starting pic:photo.jpg I couldn't keep it straightened. It's too humid in here (LOL). It's the same length all over. Coming out of a twist out.
    Official Start Date: May 1, 2013
    Natural, Relaxed or Transitioning: Natural
    Current Length: APL
    2013 Goal Length: MBL-WL
    What will you do to for physical activity? Turbo Jam, X-Box Fitness, Walking, dancersize
    Last edited by jahlilsmama; 05-02-2013 at 01:04 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jahlilsmama For This Useful Post:

curl_goddess (05-08-2013), NJoy (05-02-2013)

Smile Tawanda: I'm Joining the NJoy Long & Healthy Hair Growth Oil Challenge!!!

I'm in and agree to try to meet all terms of this challenge!

Starting pic: 101_3116.jpg
    Current Length: approaching BSL...again!
    2013 Goal Length: full MBL
    What will you do to for physical activity? Walking, Fruit Ninja/Dance Central, elliptical machine

I have not had heat on my hair in 9 months and I did a "heat damage chop" 8 months ago. When I chopped, I cut off 10 inches in the front and 6 inches of hair on the sides and back. I went almost up to shoulder length. I regretted it at first but now I'm glad I did it because I have my curl pattern back and healthy hair....HHG!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tawanda Boone-Shuford For This Useful Post:

curl_goddess (05-08-2013)

Lightbulb Re: ***NJoy's Long & Healthy Hair Growth Oil Challenge***

Hi NJoy and thanks for hosting/starting this challenge! I love the oil :-) I started tonight but I only applied the oil to the back of my head. Is it okay if we just apply it to the areas that we want to grow the most? What is your opinion? My front and sides grow like crazy (faster than the back).

In addition to that, my regimen is not set in stone and I would really like to hear your advice on a regimen. I currently co-wash twice a week and do a wash n go afterwards (puffs when old). On the days in between, I wet n go and apply a little bit of product for shine/hold. I just started baggying overnight. I sometimes plait my hair into 8 plaits and put on a wig (but it has gotten hotter). The only products I use are conditioner, castor oil (only before applying gel), water, and EcoStyler gel (clear Krystal). I have not oiled my scalp in 4 years but I will for this challenge...lol. What are your suggestions for how often I should apply the oil to work with my regimen? Do you think I should change my current regimen? Thank you so much for any suggestions and help...God Bless!
    Last edited by Tawanda Boone-Shuford; 05-02-2013 at 03:26 AM. Reason: corrections in post

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tawanda Boone-Shuford For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Good morning Njoy. I hear you mentioning co-wash a lot.. what is that? and is it something I should be doing regularly?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qtpie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi ladies!

I'm in and I agree to meet the terms of this challenge.
    I've been oiling since the end of March. I do callanetics and squats/butt exercises and walking frm time to time. Chasing after a 1yr old is all the extra cardio I need
    I'm working on improving my diet and water intake but this will keep me motivated. My goal length for this challenge is full SL but my ultimate goal is BSL. I cowash 2x wk, shampoo 1x week, DC 2x week, oil and baggy daily for about 2hrs maybe more depending on how I feel. I am relaxed/texlaxed

We gon grow some hair up in hurr!!! I'm also on LHCF so I will try to remember to come back and update here as well.
    2013-05-02 12.27.23.jpg2013-05-02 12.26.41.jpg2013-05-02 12.25.21.jpg2013-05-02 12.24.59.jpg

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babygrowth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qtpie View Post
    Good morning Njoy. I hear you mentioning co-wash a lot.. what is that? and is it something I should be doing regularly?
    Cowashing (conditioner washing) is using a washout conditioner to wash your hair instead of shampoo. It attracts dirt and allows you to rinse the dirt away while adding moisture to your hair. Shampoo attracts and strips dirt (and your natural oils) from your hair. So it's a matter of how to clean the strands. Do you wash and leave moisture or do you wash and strip moisture.

This can be done between your regular shampoo'g (with sulfate or non-sulfate poos).

Another way to avoid stripping your hair when using shampoo is to use a pre-poo. This is an oil, usually left in for a period of time, like overnight, that you apply to your hair so that when you use shampoo, it strips the added oils an not your natural oils. This keeps you from drying out the strands.

Does that help?
    Let's grow some hair!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Tawanda Boone-Shuford (05-02-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tawanda Boone-Shuford View Post
    Hi NJoy and thanks for hosting/starting this challenge! I love the oil :-) I started tonight but I only applied the oil to the back of my head. Is it okay if we just apply it to the areas that we want to grow the most? What is your opinion? My front and sides grow like crazy (faster than the back).

In addition to that, my regimen is not set in stone and I would really like to hear your advice on a regimen. I currently co-wash twice a week and do a wash n go afterwards (puffs when old). On the days in between, I wet n go and apply a little bit of product for shine/hold. I just started baggying overnight. I sometimes plait my hair into 8 plaits and put on a wig (but it has gotten hotter). The only products I use are conditioner, castor oil (only before applying gel), water, and EcoStyler gel (clear Krystal). I have not oiled my scalp in 4 years but I will for this challenge...lol. What are your suggestions for how often I should apply the oil to work with my regimen? Do you think I should change my current regimen? Thank you so much for any suggestions and help...God Bless!
    Welcome Tawanda!

It's perfectly fine to only apply to areas that need the extra boost. Your regimen sounds fine to me. I don't think you need to change up unless it stops serving you. You can apply daily, if you wish. It doesn't need to be washed out the next day. It can wait until your next cowash. But, it's not necessary to apply daily. 3-5x a week is recommended. In my experience, the more often you stimulate your scalp, the better. So, if you can only do, say, 3x a week, remember to massage your scalp on those off days. If you still have the oil on your scalp, it will restimulate the effects.

I'm glad to have you with us and look forward to your growth. Let me know if I answered you thoroughly enough. Oh, and if your regi needs to be changed after you've started using the oil, let me know and we'll talk again.
    Let's grow some hair!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

curl_goddess (05-08-2013), Tawanda Boone-Shuford (05-02-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So as you saw, I had my hair in a bun last night for my video. I wanted to have it out and curly but, all I had time to do was cowash and throw it into a curly puff. I put Ecostyler on my edges and allowed that to airdry after tying a satin scarf around my edges. Well, I never like to go to sleep with styling gel in my hair so I washed and DC'd last night. I took the opportunity to thoroughly detangle my hair and braided it in about a dozen braids after moisturizing and sealing. My hair is still in those braids today (pulled them up into a bun). I like to leave my hair braided for 2 days to get a really good braidout so I'm hoping for a nice braidout for tomorrow night's date with hubby and then I'll pull it up into a curly puff on Saturday for my son's birthday party.

Anywho... here are my starting details and pics.

I'm in and agree to try to meet all terms of this challenge!
    Starting pic: Woo, Lawd. My pic is about to call out my need for exercise...again.
    Current Length: MBL (mid-back length)
    2013 Goal Length: Full W'hip length (between waist and hip length) or grazing hip
    What will you do to for physical activity? Dance 3x/week, daily cardio

4-30-13.jpg
    Let's grow some hair!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just for motivation, I'll show last month vs this month's length checks. (same bra)

The recent pic has a smear on the mirror. Sorry about that. And again, excuse the back fat.

Click on pics to make them larger.

3-26.jpg4-30.jpg

Ladies, LET'S GROW SOME HAIR!!!!
    Let's grow some hair!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post: