Thread: Foods That Make Your Hair Grow Fast

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Foods That Make Your Hair Grow Fast

Food on its own can't make your hair grow faster. But proper nutrition can improve the strength and health of your hair, which can help it appear fuller and more lustrous and can influence its ability to grow longer. Feeding your hair from the inside by eating foods that are high in protein and rich in anti-oxidants is the best way to get healthier, longer hair.

Eggs and Chicken
    Because hair is made mostly of protein, it makes sense to eat foods that are high in protein, such as chicken and eggs. If you are vegetarian or have high cholesterol, egg whites on their own are a great source of protein.

Wild Salmon
    Wild salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids, which help improve the texture and hydration of the hair shaft. Regular consumption of fresh, wild salmon or other foods high in omega-3 fatty acids will make the hair smooth, soft and silky.

Almonds
    Almonds offer a lot of nutrition.They contain vitamin E, selenium, omega-3 and zinc, all of which are important for a healthy scalp and long, healthy hair.

Dark Green Vegetables
    Dark green vegetables such as broccoli, kale and spinach are rich in vitamins A and C and beta carotene, which help hair grow strong and healthy by improving the condition of the hair and protecting the hair shafts. Dark green vegetables are also a good source of iron, which is important for vegetarians, who cannot get that mineral from red meat.

Red Meat
    Red meat contains high levels of iron, which is necessary for healthy hair. In a study at the Cleveland Clinic, dermatologists proved that iron deficiency can cause hair loss and baldness and that a diet including higher levels of iron can promote hair growth.

Source: http://www.livestrong.com/article/11...#ixzz2JDxy0gC4
    Let's grow some hair!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Tink (02-13-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Foods That Make Your Hair Grow Fast

I've been eating boiled eggs pretty often, I remember last May I had 30 eggs for the month and I think that wasn't so helpful because I was eating a pescatarian diet at that time, so my body was probably using the extra protein for other things.

I always eat a lot of veggies, and have salmon quite often.

Back when I was freshman in college, I remember my hair seemed to grow ridiculously fast, like I was grazing shoulder at the start and by the end of the first semester I was solid APL. Then a couple months later I was nearly BSL and my hair seemed to just keep growing and growing. I claimed it was due to eating burgers, because I always ordered burgers no matter what restaurant I went to, it was a sort of joke, but maybe the red meat was doing something. I remember a year later my hair was gaining in on mbl and seemed to slow down with less burgers. I also had a lot of energy drinks that year to stay up between school and work and I know those are full of added B vitamins.

I used to eat a lot of almonds and I noticed my nails grew very nicely when I did.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (01-28-2013)