Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ****November Go Hard Challenge**** Come on in!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: ****November Go Hard Challenge**** Come on in!

...AND, my 12 yr old just made 30 delicious cupcakes. YyyyyyyI'm in trouble.

As for my hair, I retwisted using Silk Element MegaSilk Leave In and am loving it. Well, so far, so good. My hair feels moisturized, nice and springy and looks good. I think I'll get a good twistout out of this tomorrow. We'll see.

As for my face, for some reason my face is breaking out on my cheeks. Not sure what's up with that but, I have to do something about it. It may be because I thought it was safe to reintroduce biotin but forgot to stop taking it while my water intake is down. I'm expecting water delivery tomorrow. It'll be great to get back to refilling my water bottle. Right now, I'm pouring glasses of water from store-bought jugs. It's just not the same. Ah well.

I'm looking for a good liquid multivitamin. Anyone have any suggestions? It just seems like the vitamins would be better absorbed in liquid form. And, I've been on a mission to cut back on taking supplements (capsules and pills).

Let's see...what else? I haven't been getting much sleep lately. My 6 yr old has been running a fever for a week. I took him to the doctor on day 3 and was basically told to ride it out. So now, it has developed into pneumonia. High fever, no appetite, lots of vomiting and lots of whining. All that means very little sleep for mom. Although, now that we have him on antibiotics, he seems to be doing a lot better. I'm just holding my breath to see if he can make it through the night without that fever coming back again.

Anywho. I voted today. I hope everyone got out and rocked the vote.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

As far as hair goes, might have to ditch sulfur already. My sister got it in her eyes while washing her hair and they were really red, eww.

Can't deal with potential eye irritation.

I'm going to wash my hair this week, over the sink to ensure that I don't have any running in my eye. Then probably quit with it while I'm ahead.

I didn't think about this, but that is a huge drawback.

In other news, I had the opportunity to do something new on Tuesday, but had to skip it due to school work, bummer. I hope something else comes along.

I'm still going strong with my dairy-free, and my skin is loving it, as is my monthly visitor.

I also got rid of some nail polishes, will continue to whittle down my collection before the month ends.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    As far as hair goes, might have to ditch sulfur already. My sister got it in her eyes while washing her hair and they were really red, eww.

Can't deal with potential eye irritation.

I'm going to wash my hair this week, over the sink to ensure that I don't have any running in my eye. Then probably quit with it while I'm ahead.

I didn't think about this, but that is a huge drawback.

In other news, I had the opportunity to do something new on Tuesday, but had to skip it due to school work, bummer. I hope something else comes along.

I'm still going strong with my dairy-free, and my skin is loving it, as is my monthly visitor.

I also got rid of some nail polishes, will continue to whittle down my collection before the month ends.

Sorry that happened to her but, if it gets in your eye, just rinse it well with water. That's what the labeling says on the sulfur. I've never had that happen to me but, I guess it would be as with anything else, like shampoo or conditioners. It's not the same sulfur that's in sulfuric acid so, there's no need for panic. I think red, irritated eyes would be the worse of it, as with shampoos etc. Just offering some reassurance.

To keep anything out of my eyes, I find it easier to rinse in the shower, holding my head backwards. Leaning forward over the sink increases your chances of water running towards your face.

Speaking of nail polish, I picked up a silver glittery polish that looks like crystals (not the typical multicolored silver glitter polish). I thought I'd use it across the tips of my nails. I have it on the tip of my ring finger nail and I LOVE it! I'm also going to try just the accent tip and white tips across the rest as well as all of them tipped. (hope that makes sense)

I also picked up some eyeshadows. I plan to up my makeup game. I love lips but also think you can be most creative and expressive with eye makeup.

Ms.Darling, I may try to join you in dropping dairy for a bit. I especially need to back away from cheese. But, I'm gonna have to plan that out for a future date.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My twistout turned out cute yesterday. I got lots of compliments. My hair looked great but felt dry. So, I did an overnight DC last night. I'm just about to rinse the conditioner out and follow with a nettle/roobios tea rinse. I'm also planning to see if I can revive any of my last season wigs for use this year. There are two more that I plan to try. Tammy (Outre) and Easy Riya (Janet Collection). I've seen these two on youtube and they look like must-haves. Hopefully, I'll have 4 wigs and/or phonytails that I can use to protective style through the cold months.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Sorry that happened to her but, if it gets in your eye, just rinse it well with water. That's what the labeling says on the sulfur. I've never had that happen to me but, I guess it would be as with anything else, like shampoo or conditioners. It's not the same sulfur that's in sulfuric acid so, there's no need for panic. I think red, irritated eyes would be the worse of it, as with shampoos etc. Just offering some reassurance.

To keep anything out of my eyes, I find it easier to rinse in the shower, holding my head backwards. Leaning forward over the sink increases your chances of water running towards your face.

Speaking of nail polish, I picked up a silver glittery polish that looks like crystals (not the typical multicolored silver glitter polish). I thought I'd use it across the tips of my nails. I have it on the tip of my ring finger nail and I LOVE it! I'm also going to try just the accent tip and white tips across the rest as well as all of them tipped. (hope that makes sense)

I also picked up some eyeshadows. I plan to up my makeup game. I love lips but also think you can be most creative and expressive with eye makeup.

Ms.Darling, I may try to join you in dropping dairy for a bit. I especially need to back away from cheese. But, I'm gonna have to plan that out for a future date.
    Yeah, I freaked out over it more than she did, but it's still iffy, I got a sort of rash on my neck as does she, had it for about a week now, I'm wondering if it's an allergy to the sulfur? I've taken msm for my skin for a couple months a few years ago and I didn't have any rash.

I still haven't washed my hair, today is week two of my hair. I'm just so busy with school and then the last thing I want to do in my free time is wash my hair, and I end up doing other things.

Speaking of eyeshadows I got a new quad yesterday on sale, it's by Black Radiance, I will take a picture and post, I feel like it's well pigmented. I really bought it for the purple.

I'm still fighting the urge to buy polish! My nails seem to be growing fast, and I only cut the ones that chip and that leaves me with two long nails. I'm careless with my hand movements and sometimes bang my fingertips on surfaces and they bend or break.

Oh geez cheese is the most difficult dairy product to avoid, it's on everything, Dorritos, pasta, salads, everything! But so far so good, I'm used to going long stretches without dairy, for my skin's sake.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah, I freaked out over it more than she did, but it's still iffy, I got a sort of rash on my neck as does she, had it for about a week now, I'm wondering if it's an allergy to the sulfur? I've taken msm for my skin for a couple months a few years ago and I didn't have any rash.

I still haven't washed my hair, today is week two of my hair. I'm just so busy with school and then the last thing I want to do in my free time is wash my hair, and I end up doing other things.

Speaking of eyeshadows I got a new quad yesterday on sale, it's by Black Radiance, I will take a picture and post, I feel like it's well pigmented. I really bought it for the purple.

I'm still fighting the urge to buy polish! My nails seem to be growing fast, and I only cut the ones that chip and that leaves me with two long nails. I'm careless with my hand movements and sometimes bang my fingertips on surfaces and they bend or break.

Oh geez cheese is the most difficult dairy product to avoid, it's on everything, Dorritos, pasta, salads, everything! But so far so good, I'm used to going long stretches without dairy, for my skin's sake.
    Yeah, if you have a rash, then you probably do have a sensitivity to the sulfur. That's the whole point of a patch test, to see if you have any type of reaction to it.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pic. I love purples for eyeshadows. I'd really love to do a vibrant purple lipstick. I'd LOVE it!

And girl, cheese is my thing. I'm a cheesehead for sure. I've gotta crawl before I walk on that one.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've been having random itching all over for a little while now. I've had it before and then it went away. It's just hitting me that the past couple blood tests that I've had have shown that my iron levels are low. I was taking iron pills and stopped when I started using my Nutribullet to try to get my vitamins from foods. I started adding spinach and kale to my blasts to replace my iron pills. Well, I haven't been drinking my nutriblasts lately and haven't thought to go back to iron supplements. So, I'm itching like crazy. So, for me, symptoms of low iron is random itching and fatigue. I'm headed in to have my levels checked tomorrow but, I already know. That said, I'm adding having at least 1 nutriblast daily to my challenge. I was doing so well with it helping me to lose weight, give my skin a glow and give me more energy. I don't even know how I fell off and didn't even realize it.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah, if you have a rash, then you probably do have a sensitivity to the sulfur. That's the whole point of a patch test, to see if you have any type of reaction to it.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pic. I love purples for eyeshadows. I'd really love to do a vibrant purple lipstick. I'd LOVE it!

And girl, cheese is my thing. I'm a cheesehead for sure. I've gotta crawl before I walk on that one.
    I did post the pictures in my blog here if you want to see them.

Speaking of purple lipstick I have "Berry Haute" by Revlon and low it. I started playing with lipsticks during the spring. It's lavender. I really want VaVa Violet by Revlon, it's a deep purple, but it's always sold out at Target, and I won't buy elsewhere because they have it less than $6.

I did a test patch before using, and thought it was okay, now that I think of it my wrist did turn somewhat red, but I thought it was because I had bumped it on something. Sometimes, my wrists flare up and that's what I thought it was.

Maybe I can use it only once or twice a week, I haven't used my mix since Monday because my neck was rashy, but I had used for a week straight before that. Maybe it was a bad idea?

Anyway I just washed my hair tonight without doing sections, and I think my hair is at the length where it's okay not to do sections. I had no irritation washing the sulfur mix out of my hair, I did it in the shower like you suggested, Njoy.

I just want my one inch of hair this month.
    Last edited by MsDarling; 11-15-2012 at 01:43 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (11-12-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I did post the pictures in my blog here if you want to see them.

Speaking of purple lipstick I have "Berry Haute" by Revlon and low it. I started playing with lipsticks during the spring. It's lavender, here is the picture. I really want VaVa Violet by Revlon, it's a deep purple, but it's always sold out at Target, and I won't buy elsewhere because they have it less than $6.

I did a test patch before using, and thought it was okay, now that I think of it my wrist did turn somewhat red, but I thought it was because I had bumped it on something. Sometimes, my wrists flare up and that's what I thought it was.

Maybe I can use it only once or twice a week, I haven't used my mix since Monday because my neck was rashy, but I had used for a week straight before that. Maybe it was a bad idea?

Anyway I just washed my hair tonight without doing sections, and I think my hair is at the length where it's okay not to do sections. I had no irritation washing the sulfur mix out of my hair, I did it in the shower like you suggested, Njoy.

I just want my one inch of hair this month.
    I was watching videos on purple lips and "Berry Haute" kept coming up. It looks wonderful! I'll run out and grab one tomorrow.

Do what you feel is right for you, as it relates to the sulfur. Don't feel like I'm talking you into anything. I've used it daily and had no issues. I take that back. In the very beginning, behind my ear felt plastic-y smooth. I think it was because the sulfur was reacting with my earrings. It will definitely interact with silver, tarnishing it. But, some hydrocortisone cream took care of that. But again, if you have any hesitation, follow your gut.

So for me, it's gonna be a spa marathon around here. My hubby is out of town for the rest of the week. I'm gonna have so many concoctions, mixes and masks going on.

So far, I've been pre-poo'g my hair and did a lemon/tumeric face mask. I'd reintroduced biotin into my regimen because I upped my water intake to at least 86 oz. Well, I've been slacking on my water and only getting in 32 oz, if that. So, my face has suffered the predictable biotin breakout. I'm leaving it out of my regi from now on and trying to clear the marks that have been left on my face. Also, I'm back on my water game. I feel like I'm starting over and am adding EmergenC to my water for the vitamins AND flavor.

I njoy'd the facial treatment and will wash and DC my hair with steam...after I put the kiddies to sleep tonight. It's been a minute since I've used my steamer but, I'm looking forward to it.

Hmph. I may even get in a little exercise right quick. Yes! Just talked my son into going to bed a little early. Maybe I'll save the exercising until tomorrow and get in a nice, warm bath. Woohoo!
    Last edited by NJoy; 11-12-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Do what you feel is right for you, as it relates to the sulfur.

So for me, it's gonna be a spa marathon around here. My hubby is out of town for the rest of the week. I'm gonna have so many concoctions, mixes and masks going on.

So far, I've been pre-poo'g my hair and did a lemon/tumeric face mask. I'd reintroduced biotin into my regimen because I upped my water intake to at least 86 oz. Well, I've been slacking on my water and only getting in 32 oz, if that. So, my face has suffered the predictable biotin breakout. I'm leaving it out of my regi from now on and trying to clear the marks that have been left on my face. Also, I'm back on my water game. I feel like I'm starting over and am adding EmergenC to my water for the vitamins AND flavor.

I njoy'd the facial treatment and will wash and DC my hair with steam...after I put the kiddies to sleep tonight. It's been a minute since I've used my steamer but, I'm looking forward to it.

Hmph. I may even get in a little exercise right quick. Yes! Just talked my son into going to bed a little early. Maybe I'll save the exercising until tomorrow and get in a nice, warm bath. Woohoo!

I'm not sulfuring this week either haven't used the mix since Nov 5, but I will resume next week because I'm washing my hair every 2 weeks and may as well use the oil during the 2nd week. I like the mix for scalp massage, my head got really warm using it. My neck is basically back to normal now.

Now that I make turmeric masks a way that my skin likes, I;m addicted to the instant results I get. Last night I did honey, lemon juice, yogurt, plus turmeric and today any blemishes that seemed be cropping up have nearly gone away. I tried a sample of a face product I thought my face liked it until I used it a 2nd time, it was a no go, I strayed from my simple regi and that's what happened.

I'm going strong, on a bad day I only drink two bottles filled which is 37oz, and a a good day I drink a 3rd one, works for me because I drink tea almost every night and I don't even count that in my water intake.

Do you notice any extra hair benefits using the steamer?