Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ****November Go Hard Challenge**** Come on in!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: ****November Go Hard Challenge**** Come on in!

That's a lotta hair!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I almost let the GPB stay in too long. I was tired and was gonna lay down and go to sleep but remembered that I should've rinsed it out hours ago. When I took the plastic cap off, the ends of some of my twists were trying to grab onto each other. This gave me a flashback of the major tangle disasters that I had as a relaxed head. So, I quickly rinsed and gently detangled the ends, applied a moisturizing DC and let that stay on for about 30 minutes under a plastic cap and then M&S my twists. But I also coated my ends with Crisco. I know this was a lifesaver in my relaxed days. It would keep my moist braids from tangling together. Whew! Narrow escape! Note to self. Don't allow protein to sit in my hair too long, let alone overnight. Sheesh.

On another note, I'm trying Silk Elements Megasilk Leave in. My hair seems to love it so far. It just curled right up as soon as I put in on. I've been looking for a good leave in, now that I'm natural. I'd been using Giovanni Direct but it's just so so. I want something much more moisturizing and so far, this seems to be doing a good job. We'll see.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So, I finally went out into the cold yesterday.

Yesterday I was looking for some olive oil, in TJMaxx, I'm on a budget and didn't want to use up the cooking oil at home. I also picked up a new Bobble at TJMaxx, this is my 3rd Bobble. Haa, I had two before, the 1st one I used the heck out of, the 2nd barely got any love, and yes it's wrong, but I threw them out instead of buying the new filter. So I saw the bobble for $3 less than usual and I have purchased it in the past (at Old Navy), I'm on my second fill for the day, I have the 18.5 oz, it's bpa free, and the filter lasts for 300 fills. I'm drinking at least 3 fills per day, that is around half my weight in ounces.

What else? Exciting news, at least for me, I bought a applicator bottle, for what? Sulfur oil. Yes! I tried it this week as trial to see if I would like it and I do. So yesterday I decided I would purchase real supplies. I ordered more powder because I had borrowed some from my sister. I couldn't get to Wholefoods or Trader Joe's for EOs so I also bought this--> thing in Sally's too for adding in my mix. My mix is now definitely not as smelly to my nose as the one my sister made which has brahmi oil in it.

I've done scalp massages before, but when I do it with the sulfur oil, my head gets super warm/hot, not tingly, just really warm. Is that normal?

I want that one inch of hair this month.

What else?

Going to be applying to more jobs, when I can get to a printer tomorrow, I just need to be able to print and proofread my stuff before emailing it. I think I've gotten really good at writing my cover letters, which is funny because they used to seem so difficult (literally, just back in August), but lately I've been writing them quite well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (11-04-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    So, I finally went out into the cold yesterday.

Yesterday I was looking for some olive oil, in TJMaxx, I'm on a budget and didn't want to use up the cooking oil at home. I also picked up a new Bobble at TJMaxx, this is my 3rd Bobble. Haa, I had two before, the 1st one I used the heck out of, the 2nd barely got any love, and yes it's wrong, but I threw them out instead of buying the new filter. So I saw the bobble for $3 less than usual and I have purchased it in the past (at Old Navy), I'm on my second fill for the day, I have the 18.5 oz, it's bpa free, and the filter lasts for 300 fills. I'm drinking at least 3 fills per day, that is around half my weight in ounces.

What else? Exciting news, at least for me, I bought a applicator bottle, for what? Sulfur oil. Yes! I tried it this week as trial to see if I would like it and I do. So yesterday I decided I would purchase real supplies. I ordered more powder because I had borrowed some from my sister. I couldn't get to Wholefoods or Trader Joe's for EOs so I also bought this--> thing in Sally's too for adding in my mix. My mix is now definitely not as smelly to my nose as the one my sister made which has brahmi oil in it.

I've done scalp massages before, but when I do it with the sulfur oil, my head gets super warm/hot, not tingly, just really warm. Is that normal?

I want that one inch of hair this month.

What else?

Going to be applying to more jobs, when I can get to a printer tomorrow, I just need to be able to print and proofread my stuff before emailing it. I think I've gotten really good at writing my cover letters, which is funny because they used to seem so difficult (literally, just back in August), but lately I've been writing them quite well.
    Warm is good. Tingly is good. Whataver it takes to stimulate the scalp. Heat draws bloodflow so, your warm feeling is definitely good. :Great: Likewise, massaging the scalp also stimulates bloodflow so, even if you didn't feel anything but massaged, you'd still get the benefit of the increased bloodflow to the follicles, which are bathing in the sulfur mix. I think the peppermint oil that I use gives me tingles more than anything else.
    Let's grow some hair!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

MsDarling (11-05-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm going to throw my hat in the November Go Hard Challenge.

My goals are:

Flat iron my hair only once this month
    Exercise 4-5 times a week - with at least one weight training session
    Up my water intake to 80oz or more
    Be more consistent with my sulfur mix - I fell off the last week in October only applied once. (I also need to take pics for October - I hope to post tonight or tomorrow)
    Be zen since my in-laws have already started their normal holiday drama
    Continue juicing daily

P.S. . . I love Chime's hair... Her and Zhara zhara.JPG are two of my faves.
    Last edited by JoyBelle; 11-04-2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: grammar

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoyBelle For This Useful Post:

MsDarling (11-05-2012), NJoy (11-05-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoyBelle View Post
    I'm going to throw my hat in the November Go Hard Challenge.

P.S. . . I love Chime's hair... Her and Zhara zhara.JPG are two of my faves.
    I loooove Zhara's hair, I follow her on fotki.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (11-05-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I loooove Zhara's hair, I follow her on fotki.
    Me too! She makes simple Celie braids look amazing!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Gotta say, I'm not doing so great with my eating. Since Halloween, we've had all kinds of goodies hanging around and before I realize that I've eaten something, it's already gone. Candies, cookies and cakes. Oh my!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Gotta say, I'm not doing so great with my eating. Since Halloween, we've had all kinds of goodies hanging around and before I realize that I've eaten something, it's already gone. Candies, cookies and cakes. Oh my!
    That's one of the few saving graces of the hurricane, Halloween was non-existent, so we had no candy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That's one of the few saving graces of the hurricane, Halloween was non-existent, so we had no candy.
    Eating a Tootsie Roll as I read this. Didn't even realize it.
    Let's grow some hair!!