Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ****November Go Hard Challenge**** Come on in!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: ****November Go Hard Challenge**** Come on in!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    I'm not sulfuring this week either haven't used the mix since Nov 5, but I will resume next week because I'm washing my hair every 2 weeks and may as well use the oil during the 2nd week. I like the mix for scalp massage, my head got really warm using it. My neck is basically back to normal now.

Now that I make turmeric masks a way that my skin likes, I;m addicted to the instant results I get. Last night I did honey, lemon juice, yogurt, plus turmeric and today any blemishes that seemed be cropping up have nearly gone away. I tried a sample of a face product I thought my face liked it until I used it a 2nd time, it was a no go, I strayed from my simple regi and that's what happened.

I'm going strong, on a bad day I only drink two bottles filled which is 37oz, and a a good day I drink a 3rd one, works for me because I drink tea almost every night and I don't even count that in my water intake.

Do you notice any extra hair benefits using the steamer?
    I use my steamer for my moisturizing deep conditioning anad it really does hydrate my hair. I also have used it to speed up my henna processing by half the time. And of course, for any protein deep conditioning, I use dry heat.

I love using tumeric to clear up my face. It does seem to help noticeably right away. I also add lemon peel powder and another indian powder called Skin Life to my tumeric mask (with a little milk and avj). I love it!

Oh, and guess what I picked up today. Berry Haute. I couldn't wait to try it. So when I got home, I just threw it on. It was not as serious as I expected. I put some liner on with it and it looked better but still.... just not enough pop. Then I messed around and tried to smile. And just like it did the girl in the video, it make my teeth look dinghy. Nooooooooo! That may be the end of my dabbling in purples. I quickly wiped my mouth and threw on a red lipstick. Ahhh... my white teeth were back. I think I'll have to limit my purples to wines and I'm disappointed by that. I may try one more time at the MAC counter but, if my teeth are going to look dinghy, I can't do it. Booooo.... Ah well.

On another note, I've decided to start leaving conditioner in my hair instead of trying to find a separate leave in. And then I'll just seal that in with oils. I guess it'll be sort of a Tightly Curly/Curly Girl blend. We'll see how that works out. And I'll probably go back to wet bunning too to keep my ends in check.

This month is flying by. We're halfway through. I could've sworn it was just Halloween last week.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    I use my steamer for my moisturizing deep conditioning anad it really does hydrate my hair. I also have used it to speed up my henna processing by half the time. And of course, for any protein deep conditioning, I use dry heat.

I love using tumeric to clear up my face. It does seem to help noticeably right away. I also add lemon peel powder and another indian powder called Skin Life to my tumeric mask (with a little milk and avj). I love it!

Oh, and guess what I picked up today. Berry Haute. I couldn't wait to try it. So when I got home, I just threw it on. It was not as serious as I expected. I put some liner on with it and it looked better but still.... just not enough pop. Then I messed around and tried to smile. And just like it did the girl in the video, it make my teeth look dinghy. Nooooooooo! That may be the end of my dabbling in purples. I quickly wiped my mouth and threw on a red lipstick. Ahhh... my white teeth were back. I think I'll have to limit my purples to wines and I'm disappointed by that. I may try one more time at the MAC counter but, if my teeth are going to look dinghy, I can't do it. Booooo.... Ah well.

On another note, I've decided to start leaving conditioner in my hair instead of trying to find a separate leave in. And then I'll just seal that in with oils. I guess it'll be sort of a Tightly Curly/Curly Girl blend. We'll see how that works out. And I'll probably go back to wet bunning too to keep my ends in check.

This month is flying by. We're halfway through. I could've sworn it was just Halloween last week.
    Yeah, I notice certain colors have that effect on teeth, but apparently the best color to make your teeth seem whiter are blue based, so blue based red is the best red. I don't wear lipstick on a regular basis (my poor lips can't take it), so I like the lavender for novelty, I have another nice color by Revlon called "Black Berry" and then I have "stoplight red" by wet n' wild I like these reds a lot, haven't worn the Wet n' Wild one out yet, it's more of a classic red..very bright.

I did something sort of similar on Sunday, I was low on my bottle of conditioner and was to lazy to go to my room to get the new one, so I just used a lot of olive oil on each section and combed through and twisted, then hopped in the shower and rinsed. The oil is heavy and of course my hair is oily to the touch, but with this cold weather I'm fine with that. I like how my hair feels since I did that, will probably do it again because I realized I save actual conditioner that way and the one I have is normally $10, and I love it too much to use up when I can't afford to buy another right away.

On another note, I think I need a new Denman, I do believe they lose their optimal ability after a while, had this one for about 2 years now, and it's just not combing like it used to. My regular comb is good, but the teeth are wide, and I like to use both the comb and Denman brush. I have another comb of the same brand, but the teeth are closer, I've never used it, will break it out, next wash day, because that's a whole $10 sitting unused.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (11-15-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    Yeah, I notice certain colors have that effect on teeth, but apparently the best color to make your teeth seem whiter are blue based, so blue based red is the best red. I don't wear lipstick on a regular basis (my poor lips can't take it), so I like the lavender for novelty, I have another nice color by Revlon called "Black Berry" and then I have "stoplight red" by wet n' wild I like these reds a lot, haven't worn the Wet n' Wild one out yet, it's more of a classic red..very bright.

I did something sort of similar on Sunday, I was low on my bottle of conditioner and was to lazy to go to my room to get the new one, so I just used a lot of olive oil on each section and combed through and twisted, then hopped in the shower and rinsed. The oil is heavy and of course my hair is oily to the touch, but with this cold weather I'm fine with that. I like how my hair feels since I did that, will probably do it again because I realized I save actual conditioner that way and the one I have is normally $10, and I love it too much to use up when I can't afford to buy another right away.

On another note, I think I need a new Denman, I do believe they lose their optimal ability after a while, had this one for about 2 years now, and it's just not combing like it used to. My regular comb is good, but the teeth are wide, and I like to use both the comb and Denman brush. I have another comb of the same brand, but the teeth are closer, I've never used it, will break it out, next wash day, because that's a whole $10 sitting unused.
    I use my Magic 5 Jumbo rake, then a smaller bone detangler and then my Denman. Sometimes I skipped the bone detangler but overall, My detangling session went extremely well. This is a piece of cake compared to detangling transitioning hair. (Thank the Lord )

I have a busy day planned today so, even tho I applied my growth mix last night, I don't think I'm going to cowash today. Who knows, I may oil rinse later tonight, depending on how I'm feeling. But, other than that, I think I'll be fine to leave my hair as is.

I will be doing another tumeric mask tonight.

I really need to cut out all this eating out that I've been doing lately. And, no more goodies hanging around the house. My weight has been going in the wrong direction. My waist has gone down so, where's the weight? It usually goes to my buns but, I think my thighs look like the recipient. I don't want that so, I'm going to have to get back on my fitness program. I haven't because I'm still in physical therapy for injuries to my lower back, shoulder and neck since the car accident. But hey. I should be trying to do something. At least, get back to yoga. I don't want to regain all that I've lost.

My nails are still growing like weeds. And, the nailbed looks SO clear and healthy. (I don't know if you can see but, I'll post a pic) I don't wear anything on them so, if my hair snags on anything or chips because I'm rough with my hands, I cut the nail. I've done that a few times and they come right back. I hope that's a good sign for my hair too.

clearnailsnov.jpg

I don't know if I posted this but, yesterday, I put my hair in chunky twists, pulled them up into a bun and then wrapped my bun in a faux braid that I made with Marley hair. Here's what that looked like.

nov2012.jpg
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

I'm just getting back online since Sandy blew through. I'm too late to join this month but, I'll tag along if you divas don't mind.

I'm wearing my hair in mini twists and trying to keep them in for the rest of the month. I plan to wash and condition in twists and redo them as needed for upkeep. Other than that, I don't really have anything else planned. I'm still trying to get things at home back together.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed1 View Post
    I'm just getting back online since Sandy blew through. I'm too late to join this month but, I'll tag along if you divas don't mind.

I'm wearing my hair in mini twists and trying to keep them in for the rest of the month. I plan to wash and condition in twists and redo them as needed for upkeep. Other than that, I don't really have anything else planned. I'm still trying to get things at home back together.
    Wow. I knew you were in the path of Sandy and was wondering how you were doing. So glad you're ok.

Let me know if I can help you with anything, girl. I'm always here for ya.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know it's Thanksgiving (Happy Thanksgiving!), but here I am checking in.

My skin has taken turn for less than perfect, I'm wondering if my acne is related to stress, because when I'm really stresses I notice I pick my skin a lot and have basically more spot to pick.

I slowed down on writing my ebook because of schoolwork, but am happy I've got quite a bit of text in, good news is I have graphics for it as well as a layout, so that's good progress for me.

I've lagged on applying to jobs, but will pick back up into the weekend.

I wanted to buy a groupon for a class, but I missed the cutoff time. Need to find something new to do or try.

My hair is fine, I haven't used the sulfur because I seem allergic, I will try a different concoction. Why am I surprised? I had M&M peanuts last Saturday and I ended up some red hive-like rash on my neck. I tend to notice reactions on my neck, there are so many things which seem to give me rashes on my face (cheesenips) or neck. Whyyyy me? So my neck looks gross and I thought it was acne, but it's not, this happened to me last spring, from what I'm not sure, it was from something from the school vending machine, probably was M&M peanuts then. I didn't have M&Ms until last weekend, and I like them (I ate at least 3 bags a day last fall, seriously), I believe their high protein caused me to gain the nearly two inches I got between Oct 22, 2011 and Jan 6, 2012 and didn't realize it because I was simply addicted to eating them. I just don't like half the stuff in the machine, and they are so crunchy.

I'm looking for some more paid writing gigs, I feel like I can get a least one in the next week.

No dairy for me, but I really might give myself a pass for today, might enjoy a little butter on my bread or something. I haven't been eating cheese, milk yogurt, milk, butter, creams, etc, but I know there are small amount of dairy in things I've had like some baked things, I'm just avoiding full on dairy products for now.

I have not bought any nail polish and every one I see in the store looks like they could be on my hands, I'm going to post my current nails on the nail thread.

How is everyone else doing?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (11-23-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'll have to post my update after a good night's sleep. I ate so much, I can barely move right now. I fell asleep for about 5 hours and am convinced I would've slept until morning had my son not come into my room wanting me to put him to bed with our regular story and prayer routine. I couldn't do it tonight. Dad had to. But, it still woke me up enough to drag my tired carcass out front to be with hubby. I'm not going to last much longer.....zzzzzzzzzz
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

What a difference a day makes!

I guess the first update should be that I ate entirely too much food! Not just yesterday but over the past few days. All sorts of goodies have been sneaking up in here and I've been welcoming them with open mouth. I don't even dare get on the scale. And, with all the leftovers, it looks like I'm gonna have an uphill battle for a minute. And thre's only 7 days of this month. Yikes! I'm gonna cut back...starting tonight. And really work my waist and abs. Hopefully the damage won't be so bad.

I've changed my hair regimen and it seems to be working pretty well. I tried V05 Silky Cashmere/Shea Butter and think that it was too much protein for my hair. I took my hair loose during my bath and had some broken pieces. I took the opportunity to do a protein-moisture balance test and my strands were poppin like stippers. I did an acv rinse and a deep moisture treatment. It's all feeling much better now. I think I'll continue with the new regi and get back to using the V05 Tea Therapy conditioner as my rinsing conditioner. I'm feeling pretty good about the way my natural hair is curling up. Who woulda thunk I'd have such pretty curlies?

I'm still using a tumeric mask off and on to control hormonal breakouts. So far, so good.

I haven't been using my Nutriblast at all lately. I pretty much forgot that I'm supposed to be going for one blast a day. Ah well. Better late than never.
    Let's grow some hair!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Blessed1 (11-29-2012), MsDarling (11-26-2012)