Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ****November Go Hard Challenge**** Come on in!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

****November Go Hard Challenge**** Come on in!

Ok. Looks like we're waiting on the site designer to be able to get back online after the hurricane so, let's just go for what we know for now. Soooooooo....

Let's get this party started right! We did a great job in October. But now it's NOVEMBER, baby! We're almost done with this year. But there's still time!

Time to set new goals, a new plan and make it happen.

Let me just add, there are 5 full months left in this year. At .5" a month, you can have another 2.5" added to your length. Where would that put you? Or, how about 1" a month? How'd you like to find yourself 5 inches longer at the end of the year? If this sounds good, then you'll need to put forth the effort and plan to get there. Let's do this! August can bring us thicker, longer, healthier hair in just one month!

Or, how about slimming down this month. How'd you like to be 10 or 15 pounds lighter? Or lose a dress size or two? In just one month! And what about your skin, your nails, your career goals, reading more books, writing a few chapters in your new book? What else can you do in a whole month. A LOT!!! So, let's do it!

Name it and claim it! We're getting it done in November so, chime in to let us know who's in. Who's not afraid of a little accountability? It could make the difference between "I made it!" and "I could've done better".

We can do this! So let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: ****November Go Hard Challenge**** Come on in!

I'm ready, only two months left in the year! Okay for November 2012, I am:

-Write one e-book
    -Apply to at least 10 jobs
    -Get at least 3 job interviews
    -Get at least 3 paid writing gigs
    -Make at least 20% of what I saved during the summer
    -Whittle down my nail polish collection and do not buy any new polish
    -Grow at least 1 solid inch of hair
    -Keep my skin clear and blemish free
    -Do something or go somewhere new
    -Make at least 1 new video
    -Stay on top of all my assignments due this month
    -Dairy-free

Everyone else? Come on! Let's make it happen.
    Last edited by MsDarling; 11-02-2012 at 06:00 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (11-02-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for kicking things off MsDarling. I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to post my list yesterday. I'm pretty tired right now too, actually. My 6 yr old has been sick with fever for the past 4 days so, I haven't really been getting much sleep. I hope this fever breaks today. Ah well.

My goals for November

86-96 oz of water daily
    daily vitamins (consistently)
    at least 1 nutriblast daily
    exercise at least 5 days/wk (when released by dr)
    At least 1 inch hair growth
    At least .5 inch reduction in waist (to 28.5")
    3 YT videos (help me, Lord)
    Consistent skincare routine
    consistent face exercises

I'm on it!
    Let's grow some hair!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

MsDarling (11-02-2012)

Thanks

Count me in. I'll be back with the deets.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Okay some progress already, I spoke with an hr person today, and should be contacted for an interview next week.

I have footage for my video to edit, my videos aren't the best, but I make them because I want to.

God is good!

I'm going to search for some writing gigs today, I use a free account on guru.com, but will take a chance and check craigslist though.

I'm going to add to my ebook stuff.

Come on money

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    Okay some progress already, I spoke with an hr person today, and should be contacted for an interview next week.

I have footage for my video to edit, my videos aren't the best, but I make them because I want to.

God is good!

I'm going to search for some writing gigs today, I use a free account on guru.com, but will take a chance and check craigslist though.

I'm going to add to my ebook stuff.

Come on money
    Ha HA!! You are on it! Go, girl! You're off to a fantastic start.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm already looking for my something new to do, saw a groupon for this: http://hipfitkickboxing.com/ which could be fun or this www.russianturkishbaths.com/enter.html which could be relaxing.

I don't know how I feel about the bath, I don't want to be naked if there might be men around. I really want to go to the bath, because I went to a sauna and steamroom when I was guest at my friend's gym and it was the best thing ever.

Or maybe a brazilian wax? When I wax I do a hard wax myself at home, so I don't feel it'd be so special. The peels, I still have one at home used only twice. I see a lash extension thing, but I am super-satisfied with my natural length, mine have a great profile all I do is apply mascara and I get that false look. There is a French language class, but I already have a cd I ordered recently which is giving me some conversational skills and I prefer that method of learning.

I think I diy'd myself out of wanting/needing a lot of stuff. I think I'll just have to wait and the right thing will come to me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (11-03-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    I'm already looking for my something new to do, saw a groupon for this: http://hipfitkickboxing.com/ which could be fun or this www.russianturkishbaths.com/enter.html which could be relaxing.

I don't know how I feel about the bath, I don't want to be naked if there might be men around. I really want to go to the bath, because I went to a sauna and steamroom when I was guest at my friend's gym and it was the best thing ever.

Or maybe a brazilian wax? When I wax I do a hard wax myself at home, so I don't feel it'd be so special. The peels, I still have one at home used only twice. I see a lash extension thing, but I am super-satisfied with my natural length, mine have a great profile all I do is apply mascara and I get that false look. There is a French language class, but I already have a cd I ordered recently which is giving me some conversational skills and I prefer that method of learning.

I think I diy'd myself out of wanting/needing a lot of stuff. I think I'll just have to wait and the right thing will come to me.
    That Hip Fit Kickboxing sounds like fun. I took a few kickboxing classes at my local gym and loved it.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ugh! I'm out of water. I have to up my water delivery from 5 tanks to 8. My whole family is on water only and my hubby has upped his intake too. We're not expecting our next delivery until Thursday. In the meantime, hubby bought cases of bottled water. Those went fast. And then there was none. Either he goes out and picks up a few gallons or I do. He's acting all tired so, I'm not even thinking about asking him. And I'm all tired and don't want to go. What to do? What to do? I tried drinking water from the faucet but, yuck! I can't do it. Even with the filter on. *sigh* He's just gonna have to go.

Today I'm still in twists. I LOVE my twists. They're starting to hang longer and seem bouncier. I felt like I should cowash but didn't feel like hopping in the shower. I wanted a nice relaxing bath today and spent time visualizing my goal length. I'm really motivated after seeing this graphic of my hair idol, Hair Crush (Chime)

The top two pics are SO droolworthy. That lower left pic is a bit intimidating but still, I love that hair. I'm trying to convince myself that my thickness will be just as delicious. I'm on a mission!

But still, I didn't feel like cowashing. So, I poured an acv rinse over my head and then applied GPB to my twisted hair. I covered with a plastic cap and then a bonnet. I'll probably rinse that out and m&s as usual. At least I'll feel like I did something.

I'll also apply my growth mix to my scalp. I have to be mbl by the end of this year. Well, I'd like to be full mbl, that is. I think it's possible...if I go hard.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am definitely drooling!