Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Pregnancy?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unexpected Pregnancy?

I just took one of those cheapie pregnancy tests and it came back positive! I am in shock and disbelief! My son's wife just had their first baby a few days ago and now I might be pregnant!!! I'm torn between excitement and hoping it's a false positive. A baby is a gift from God and I feel guilty for wanting the test to be wrong. I just had my annual last week and surely they would have told me if I was pregnant right? I am so close to my goal weight and my 2yr old will be potty trained soon and now I might be gaining weight and buying diapers all over again? I don't know what to think. I feel sick to my stomach. Please pray for me. I think I'll repeat the test.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Unexpected Pregnancy?

2nd test is positive

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow, Tink. I don't know what to say. I think a baby is a blessing. But I can understand how an unplanned pregnancy could be a shock. And the idea of your child and your grandchild being around the same age. Wow. What to say to that?

Well, first thing is to relax and let it sink in. Don't judge or worry. It will change nothing in this moment. Have you told your husband? This is something that the both of you have to ride out together. And in doing so, you'll feel better not being alone. I can't begin to imagine how I'd feel but, I'm sure hubby and I could deal with it, whatever may come. And I'm sure it's the same for you. But, you gotta get past that initial shock. Wow. I'm here for you, no matter what. It's not a terrible thing tho. Inconvenient? Unexpected? A little scary? Maybe. But, still a miracle in its own right. Take time to pray about it and remember, you're entitled to feel whatever you want to feel. I'm with you either way. Gotta say, I love preggy mommies tho. As long as it's not me. Oops! Too soon for humor? My bad. Trying to wrestle a smile out of you in the midst of a serious subject.

P.S. You already have a 2 yr old. Don't act like you're youngest is 16 and now here's a baby. You're preggo. Can we sneak in a grin for a minute? (congrats) Let me know if and when I can release the jumping emoticons.

I'm gonna stop typing now. I don't want to say the wrong thing. I'm here for you. Seriously. No matter what.

Holding my breath and waiting for your response.
    Let's grow some hair!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Tink (10-30-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

lol okay Njoy you did make me smile. I welcome humor and I know what a blessing and miracle a new life is. I just wasn't expecting it and a new baby didn't fit in with "my plans". We're gonna need a bigger car because it would be really cramped with 3 carseats across the back. Omg what if it's TWINS!!!!!!!!! Now that our oldest is gone I was gonna use his room for homeschool... Guess I'd better come up with something else. I'm really concerned about my hubby's reaction. I plan to let him know when he gets home from work...sigh...I'll feel better once we're on the same page.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    lol okay Njoy you did make me smile. I welcome humor and I know what a blessing and miracle a new life is. I just wasn't expecting it and a new baby didn't fit in with "my plans". We're gonna need a bigger car because it would be really cramped with 3 carseats across the back. Omg what if it's TWINS!!!!!!!!! Now that our oldest is gone I was gonna use his room for homeschool... Guess I'd better come up with something else. I'm really concerned about my hubby's reaction. I plan to let him know when he gets home from work...sigh...I'll feel better once we're on the same page.
    Gotta say. I'm sort of excited at the news. I loved being pregnant. It's such a special time. I'm looking forward to you telling hubby because I KNOW you'll feel better once you have him with you in this. And, it'll be unexpected but, it wasn't an immaculate conception so, he can't be totally shocked.

Oh my. 3 car seats. You can only hope. That twin thing would just knock it out of the park.

*gulp* This is so sudden. We have so much to do. What about names? Do you plan to nurse? Oh! We're talking about an August baby? End of summer? Yeeee! You'll be in a preggy bathing suit this summer. Wow! My head is just spinning. Wait! If I play my cards right, that'll make me an Auntie! Wow! There will be baby bump pics and ultra sounds and, of course, stories about how the kids are talking to your tummy and making plans for baby. Yep. Everything's gonna be A-OK. And yeah. What if it is twins? Huh?! Twins??? Ouch.

But, let me slow up. We...er, I mean, YOU still have to tell hubby. Oooooooo! I'm so excited! Please don't forget to let us know his reaction. I mean, the look on his face. Would it be in poor taste to ask you to take a pic? Yeah. Nevermind. Just know that I'm happy for you guys and I'll be with you in spirit.

I'm gonna save the official congrats for after you get confirmation from your doctor....whenever you're ready, of course.
    Let's grow some hair!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Tink (10-30-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well I'm feeling much better now! Hubby took it better than I thought he would. We read Psalm 127:3-5 and prayed together for a healthy pregnancy and baby. I think he's about ready for that vasectomy now though lol. I had to go back to my dr today anyway so I had them do a test and theirs was positive too. Based on the first day of my last cycle they gave me a due date of June 27th. Thanks so much for your support and encouragement Njoy! It means so much to me!!! (((Hugs)))

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well I'm feeling much better now! Hubby took it better than I thought he would. We read Psalm 127:3-5 and prayed together for a healthy pregnancy and baby. I think he's about ready for that vasectomy now though lol. I had to go back to my dr today anyway so I had them do a test and theirs was positive too. Based on the first day of my last cycle they gave me a due date of June 27th. Thanks so much for your support and encouragement Njoy! It means so much to me!!! (((Hugs)))
    Girl, why am I all misty eyed reading your post? Congratulations to the new mommy-to-be-again! I love the fact that you guys went to the Word and prayed together. *sniff* I'm praying blessings all over this pregnancy. And, hey! June 27th! *Squints eyes and grins sheepishly* That's awefully close to my June 23rd birthday. And, what a great time to give birth. You won't have to go thru the whole summer preggo and it will be nice and toasty for the baby. Ahhhh. Life is good. And hey! Bonus: Your hair will be growing like weeds.

Congratulations, Tink!
    Let's grow some hair!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Tink (10-31-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you so much!!! I'm happy now that hubby and I are on the same page. Of course my mother and sister are thrilled! Can't wait to see how my daughter-in-law reacts.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you so much!!! I'm happy now that hubby and I are on the same page. Of course my mother and sister are thrilled! Can't wait to see how my daughter-in-law reacts.
    I'm sure this'll be another thing to bond over. It's always fun having a preggy buddy to compare notes with.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Congratulations OP. You're going to have your hands full with 3 car seats. How old are the other two?