Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OCTOBER GO HARD CHALLENGE! Come on in!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

OCTOBER GO HARD CHALLENGE! Come on in!

Let's get this party started right! We did a great job in September. But now it's OCTOBER, baby!

Time to set new goals, a new plan and make it happen.

Let me just add, there are 5 full months left in this year. At .5" a month, you can have another 2.5" added to your length. Where would that put you? Or, how about 1" a month? How'd you like to find yourself 5 inches longer at the end of the year? If this sounds good, then you'll need to put forth the effort and plan to get there. Let's do this! August can bring us thicker, longer, healthier hair in just one month!

Or, how about slimming down this month. How'd you like to be 10 or 15 pounds lighter? Or lose a dress size or two? In just one month! And what about your skin, your nails, your career goals, reading more books, writing a few chapters in your new book? What else can you do in a whole month. A LOT!!! So, let's do it!

Name it and claim it! We're getting it done in October so, chime in to let us know who's in. Who's not afraid of a little accountability? It could make the difference between "I made it!" and "I could've done better".

We can do this! So let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: OCTOBER GO HARD CHALLENGE! Come on in!

I'm a little behind schedule getting this thread up (thanks for the reminder FoxyLocks).

Well, I should be able to measure growth this month now that the Chop is over. I'm hoping to do at least an inch. Also, I'm focusing on my skin and hoping to get down to 159 lbs. I'm down to 163 now.

I've signed up for Bikram Yoga. I'm hoping that will help me to tone up. Another benefit is increased circulation so, I'm hoping that helps with hair growth and my skin.

I'm still using my Nutribullet, but not as faithfully as when I first started. I've started being more regular over the past few days. I'm drinking at least 86 oz of water daily and plan to continue with that. And I'm also drinking lean protein shakes.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Starting Bikram Yoga tomorrow. I'm VERY excited!

Took my twists down last night, m&s and braided down in four cornrows. Feels good.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm so sorry I've been MIA but I haven't forgotten y'all. I never did post my results from the August challenge and I was so busy in September that I never joined that one! I was sooo close to my weight goal for August! I missed it by half a pound! I am now at 154lbs and my goal is to lose 4lbs which would put me at 150 by the end of the month. I got a relaxer yesterday and barely retained an inch of growth. My ends don't look good but I can only blame myself for not being consistent with my regimen. I'm just thankful I didn't lose length! Okay, let me put my goals in list format:
    Fitness
    1. Lose 4lbs
    2. Drink at least 64oz water daily
    3. Exercise at least 5 days/week
    4. Take vitamins consistently
    5. Include more fruits & veggies in diet

Hair
    1. Search & Destroy split ends
    2. Consistently moisturize & seal
    3. Consistently apply sulfur mix
    4. Protective style except for church/special occasion
    5. Weekly deep condition
    6. Henna before the month is out

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Glad to have you back, Tink. um... feel free to post pics of your freshly relaxed hair. You know I'm pic greedy.

We're in the last quarter of this year. We seriously have to go hard to finish the year out right.

I'm excited because my back is looking great! I've hoped to get rid of these perma-rolls but haven't really been doing much about it. But, I think drinking all of this water is helping or something. And I'm hoping the Bikram Yoga will tone me up too. But, looking at myself in the mirror, I think I'm gonna finish this year out the way that I saw it at the beginning of the year.

Girl, I've BC'd while you were gone and am LOVING my hair. I've started back with ps'g because I was having a ball playing in my curlies. Who knew I'd have curlies? Now I'm back in grow mode. Wow! I can only imagine what my hair is gonna look like in 2013. Maybe I'll start looking for inspiration pics for that.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

I just got a new install today. I'm hoping to get nice growth giiving my hair a rest. I'll still be applying njoy's growth mix sparingly. My hair grew like weeds last month using it. I just didn't know how to style it anymore. So, I plan to keep it weaved up through the colder months, letting it rest for a week between installs.

Njoy. Did you see my PM?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm in!
    I keep trying, but why not?

For October I will:

-Apply to at least 7 jobs
    -Cut dairy out
    -Not slack on my skincare
    -Make at least 1 new video
    -Write at least half of my final paper
    -Clean my room (I let it go and it's a mess)
    -Bring in my cash saving goal
    -Do something/or go somewhere new
    -Organize all my belonging and get rid of things I never use/need

I'm leaving my hair out of my list, it's growing along well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (10-12-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I just got a new install today. I'm hoping to get nice growth giiving my hair a rest. I'll still be applying njoy's growth mix sparingly. My hair grew like weeds last month using it. I just didn't know how to style it anymore. So, I plan to keep it weaved up through the colder months, letting it rest for a week between installs.

Njoy. Did you see my PM?
    I responded. Forgot to respond here tho.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well, I've done 3 days of Bikram yoga in a row. Didn't go today because my Aunt had a serious surgery and I was worried and wanted to be accessible. Tomorrow, I may or may not go because of a dr's appointment but, I really want to stay on it. It's tough in that heat but, I feel great and I'm sure the increased circulation will be good overall.

I took a sneak peek at my growth and I'm pretty pleased with what I have at 3 weeks post BC. I'm really hoping to close this year out well.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm loving Bikram yoga. I'm still trying to get used to that heat but, I feel good afterwards and really njoy the increased circulation and sweat. I'm drenched by the end of the 90 minute session. But wow! I'm doing 90 minutes in heat! Who would'a thunk it?

I'm down to 162 lbs. Inching towards my 159 goal. And my water intake has been on point. In fact, I've been exceeding my goal doing 94-101 oz instead of 84 oz. I think the extra is needed to compensate for the fluids lost during yogo.

As for my hair, I am in desperate need of indigo. I have grays feeling free to sprout out, unchecked. Gotta be honest, I love the results but, I hate the process of henna and indigo. It's such a lengthy process. But, I'm gonna do it. I think I want to do an avocado hair mask for optimum moisture before I henna and maybe even afterwards. This will be my first time using henna on natural hair. It'll be interesting to see how my hair reacts. Wish me luck.

Meantime, my hair seems to be doing well.
    Let's grow some hair!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

MsDarling (10-20-2012)