Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September 2012 ***Go Hard Challenge*** Come on in!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: September 2012 ***Go Hard Challenge*** Come on in!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    I'm back and in!
    Here are my goals:
    -Continue to clear my skin further by avoiding dairy products (yogurt, ice cream, cheese, etc) which always seem to set me back on my progress
    -Get an new inch of hair, will take a length shot today or tomorrow for reference
    -Get a paid internship or a better job in my field of study
    -Really participate in class discussions and do my readings/papers well ahead of class
    -Do not buy any new hair products unless I absolutely do not have anything usable left, use what I have
    -Go rollerblading at least once for the month
    Okay, I finished a bottle of Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose conditioner, and even cut it open and scraped the bits into a separate container (frugalstatus), I will do this with weird bottles and combine those bits and I will have truly achieved new heights of being satisfied with the products I have.

I've been good on doing my reading way ahead of time, still need to speak up in class, will start on Wednesday.

The temperature dropped, but I will get some rollerblading time in.

I'm not stressing my hair so as to let it do its thing, but I have started drying my hair in large twists or braids and then undoing the mostly dry hair for styling. I'm taking a break from all the twists I used to do non-stop.

I've been off dairy and I'm feeling good, I eat almond-milk yogurt when I want yogurt or something close to dairy treats.

My sister bought a whole bunch of kale, celery, parsley and I bought spinach, raw almond butter, raw honey, etc, yesterday, trying to blend again and snack better. I read peanuts/cashews have some types of fungus so I tried almond butter yesterday and I like it a lot.

Below is the lunchbox I bought during the summer, so I can avoid buying food, and bring healthier things with me. I got it at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for $5, I love lunch containers, can't wait to use it this week.

IMG_4068.JPG
    IMG_4071.jpg

Life is good. What's everyone up to?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (09-11-2012)

Thanks

Count me in! My hair's doing great. I'm closing in on bsl using njoys sulfur mix. I want to get an inch out of this month and am deciding whether to bkt or just braid my hair up. I've been wearing wigs over cornrows for now. I'm ready for some swang though.

I'm also committing to drinking more water, taking my daily vitamin, chlorella and biotin and getting back to running and biking.

ms darling, rollerblading sounds like fun!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FoxyLocks For This Useful Post:

MsDarling (09-14-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing View Post
    I saw the August thread late last month and decided to be in this challenge this month. I need some changes in my life. No more allowing myself to be derailed by the negative circumstances of life. I am a newbie but this is the thread for me right now.

My goals for this month:
    Focus on hair growth and retention. Baggy/green house effect, Keeping my ends covered and moisturized. etc.
    Create new products for my small business.
    Start writing or complete the 2 books that have arrested my mind.
    Totally let go of past hurts. I must get those 'flash backs' under control.
    Follow my exercise regimen.
    Be a blessing in this forum. (get over my forum shyness LOL)
    Hi Blessing. Welcome to the forum. I also need to do better with my forum shyness. I'm often a passenger in discussions but Njoy has encouraged me to feel comfortable posting more. I'm trying to do better.

I have to say, your post touched me. I'm praying for you as you're dealing with the renewal of your mind and letting go of past hurts. That's tough but God is greater.

Life is good. What's everyone up to?
    I'm being faithful to reading my bible for at least 30 minutes a night. It bothers me that the busyness of life tends to rob the most important time but I'm reclaiming it.

I ordered a steamer and am uber excited about it. I really have to get my damaged hair back under control. I deep conditioned for an hour under a plastic cap and still feel like my hair is dry. Any suggestions or comments on that are appreciated.

I haven't started working out yet. I'm trying to find a workout partner to attend zumba classes. I think I'll also order a workout program. I'm considering Jillian Michaels' 30-day shred or Insanity. I've heard both are really good. That and zumba classes should have me in pretty good shape by the end of this month. At least I'll be off to a good start.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessed1 For This Useful Post:

Blessing (09-18-2012), MsDarling (09-14-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have some good news! I did say I wanted a new internship/job in my field, and I got an internship, it's unpaid, but it's really something I wanted.

It's crazy, I applied last Fri and got an interview Wed. and they said they liked me and gave the position the same day.

Life is good. This is a great sign of good, no,excellent things to come.

I participated in each class so far this week, nothing major, but more to come!

I also haven't bought any new hair products, I did order some accessories, but I meant no conditioner, stylers, etc. Accessories are different.

How's everyone doing?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

Blessing (09-18-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed1 View Post
    Hi Blessing. Welcome to the forum. I also need to do better with my forum shyness. I'm often a passenger in discussions but Njoy has encouraged me to feel comfortable posting more. I'm trying to do better.

I have to say, your post touched me. I'm praying for you as you're dealing with the renewal of your mind and letting go of past hurts. That's tough but God is greater.
    Thanks Blessed1. I find it funny that my first choice for user name was yours. Hope you get the hair dryness undercontrol. It's hard sometimes to give advice in that area because what may work for me, your hair may reject it. I tend to use natural stuff when my hair needs help. I know honey mixed with conditioner has worked although honey tends to lighten my hair (love my shade of black, black, LOL). These days I substitute with molasses. Also blending in a banana takes moisture to another level but you have to make sure you really blend it. If food in your hair is not your thing, may be trying wheat germ oil mixed in your conditioner and/or leave in. Use sparingly though and that one really depends on your hair's preference. Also lately I've been trying my version of the green house effect (can't sleep with the plastic cap). Its like baggying, you can check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwfQ3...eature=related

Congrats to all the progess posts.

As to this challenge, I didn't want to come back without something positive to report. So far I've finnished 2 book outlines, downloaded info on e-publishing, produced a new massage oil (just fighting with the labels). Choosing to exercise my will to obey God over my emotions.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessing For This Useful Post:

MsDarling (09-18-2012)

Thanks

Just wanted to add that I totally like the positive vibes of this site.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessing For This Useful Post:

MsDarling (09-18-2012), NJoy (09-18-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks, Blessing. That was the whole point.
    Let's grow some hair!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Blessing (09-19-2012), MsDarling (09-18-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ok, so... September's results

#1. Avoid anything that I know causes tangling.
    - Grow and retain 1 inch of hair
    - Get down to 159 lbs
    - Drink more water (been slacking off)
    - Workout more to tone up
    - Get at least 1 YouTube video up.
    - Reduce the number of supplements in lieu of a better diet

Well, since I BC'd, it's impossible to know how much I've grown...hairwise. And thankfully I haven't grown sizewise too. I'm down to 163 pounds and sort of lingering. Could that be because I'm not working out? yyyyyy'I don't know. But I'll take it.

My water intake is on point. I'm drinking 87-95 oz a day, consistently. I'm very happy with that. Also, I've been doing good with cleaner eating and have reduced the number of supplements that I'm taking, probably by half.

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good about my progress. At 17 months post, I have a really good amount of hair. I'm BSB and that will be my starting point for the month of October.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

My September results:
    2 book out lines
    Massage oil in consignment store
    Have not measured my hair. I may leave that for another month but it seem to be growing.
    Skipped too many exercise days but I must loose some weight this month.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessing For This Useful Post:

NJoy (10-05-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Okay, so all I did really was get an internship, participate in class, and not buy any new products. I will length check when I wash this weekend.

My skin is iffy as I fell off and started eating junk during my breaks at work.

All in all, not so bad.

I'm back and in!

I got caught up with fall semester prep/start and winding down from summer vacation in August, but I want to challenge myself again.

I checked my hair quickly after taking out my twists last week and I find it hard to tell if I had gained any length from July or maybe lost some from wearing puffs.

Here are my goals:
    -Continue to clear my skin further by avoiding dairy products (yogurt, ice cream, cheese, etc) which always seem to set me back on my progress
    -Get an new inch of hair, will take a length shot today or tomorrow for reference
    -Get a paid internship or a better job in my field of study
    -Really participate in class discussions and do my readings/papers well ahead of class
    -Do not buy any new hair products unless I absolutely do not have anything usable left, use what I have
    -Go rollerblading at least once for the month

Everyone else?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (10-05-2012)