Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September 2012 ***Go Hard Challenge*** Come on in!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

September 2012 ***Go Hard Challenge*** Come on in!

Ok. It's officially September. You know what that means. New month. New challenge.

Time to set new goals, a new plan and make it happen.

Let me just add, there are 5 full months left in this year. At .5" a month, you can have another 2.5" added to your length. Where would that put you? Or, how about 1" a month? How'd you like to find yourself 5 inches longer at the end of the year? If this sounds good, then you'll need to put forth the effort and plan to get there. Let's do this! August can bring us thicker, longer, healthier hair in just one month!

Or, how about slimming down this month. How'd you like to be 10 or 15 pounds lighter? Or lose a dress size or two? In just one month! And what about your skin, your nails, your career goals, reading more books, writing a few chapters in your new book? What else can you do in a whole month. A LOT!!! So, let's do it!

Name it and claim it! We're getting it done in September so, chime in to let us know who's in. Who's not afraid of a little accountability? It could make the difference between "I made it!" and "I could've done better".

We can do this! So let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: September 2012 ***Go Hard Challenge*** Come on in!

I'm back and in!

I got caught up with fall semester prep/start and winding down from summer vacation in August, but I want to challenge myself again.

I checked my hair quickly after taking out my twists last week and I find it hard to tell if I had gained any length from July or maybe lost some from wearing puffs.

Here are my goals:
    -Continue to clear my skin further by avoiding dairy products (yogurt, ice cream, cheese, etc) which always seem to set me back on my progress
    -Get an new inch of hair, will take a length shot today or tomorrow for reference
    -Get a paid internship or a better job in my field of study
    -Really participate in class discussions and do my readings/papers well ahead of class
    -Do not buy any new hair products unless I absolutely do not have anything usable left, use what I have
    -Go rollerblading at least once for the month

Everyone else?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (09-04-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm in!

My goals:
    -- Continue to shrink my hair product stash.
    -- Retain whatever length I grow for the month.
    -- Drink more water - 8 glasses per day.
    -- Be more consistent with working out.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    -Really participate in class discussions and do my readings/papers well ahead of class
    I really like this one. This is something that I strive to do more of this semester.
    SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ TBL ~ CL
    4b, natural, fine strands, normal density. Low-maintenance routine, protective styling 24/7.
    SHAMPOO: Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo (sulfate-free)
    CONDITIONER: Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
    LEAVE-IN/MOISTURIZER: Qhemet Biologics BRBC
    OIL/BUTTER/SEALANT: coconut oil, almond oil, and rice bran oil
    BSL 20113

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravengirl For This Useful Post:

NJoy (09-04-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

#1. Avoid anything that I know causes tangling.
    - Grow and retain 1 inch of hair
    - Get down to 159 lbs
    - Drink more water (been slacking off)
    - Workout more to tone up
    - Get at least 1 YouTube video up.
    - Reduce the number of supplements in lieu of a better diet

Last month flew by! We have 4 whole months left of this year. I plan to mazimixe this month.

Good to have you back, Ravengirl. How have you been?

Ms. Darling, You got this, girl!
    Let's grow some hair!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

MsDarling (09-10-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

av1.jpgsept220122.jpg

Okay I had taken the right photo on Sunday evening with obviously huge amount of conditioner all over the place, but my hair (not my back) needed it.

I don't see much difference from my June 30th picture on the left. One thing though, my hair seems to like to curl a lot more, I have difficulty stretching these days even with tons of conditioner, it just curls up a lot which I hope means my ends are healthy, but it makes length checks difficult to do. I'll try to take a picture of what I'm talking about next time I wash.

Anyway, my goal is to gain 3 more inches to make me waist length, my hair seems to be stalling.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (09-04-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    av1.jpgsept220122.jpg

Okay I had taken the right photo on Sunday evening with obviously huge amount of conditioner all over the place, but my hair (not my back) needed it.

I don't see much difference from my June 30th picture on the left. One thing though, my hair seems to like to curl a lot more, I have difficulty stretching these days even with tons of conditioner, it just curls up a lot which I hope means my ends are healthy, but it makes length checks difficult to do. I'll try to take a picture of what I'm talking about next time I wash.

Anyway, my goal is to gain 3 more inches to make me waist length, my hair seems to be stalling.
    Hey Girl. Your hair looks great. Two thoughts come to mind. First, in your current pic, your head is turned. That may be costing you a little visually. Also, sometimes when it seems like you're not gaining length, you're gaining thickness and then more length will come. I definitely think WL is doable for you. Keep chugging at it. Protect those ends. Leave puffs alone for a minute.

Are you planning to flat iron for your year end reveal? Flat ironing will allow you to see and feel your true length. I can't wait!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

I remained on the sidelines last month. But I'm stepping up this month. I really need to get serious.

My September Goals:

1. Read my Bible daily for 30 mins.
    2. Buy a hair steamer and use for weekly deep conditioning
    3. Trim off these frayed and dry ends.
    4. Get my hair in healthy condition
    5. Work out at least 3x per week

Summer swimming ravaged my hair. I think I'd like to go natural at some point but for now I just need to get my dry and frazzled ends under control. I'm going to try regular deep conditioning and s&d my splits. If that doesn't work I'm going to have to cut at least 4 inches off. This is what I get for getting off the healthy hair bandwagon. Happy to be back.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessed1 For This Useful Post:

MsDarling (09-10-2012), NJoy (09-08-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Hey Girl. Your hair looks great. Two thoughts come to mind. First, in your current pic, your head is turned. That may be costing you a little visually. Also, sometimes when it seems like you're not gaining length, you're gaining thickness and then more length will come. I definitely think WL is doable for you. Keep chugging at it. Protect those ends. Leave puffs alone for a minute.

Are you planning to flat iron for your year end reveal? Flat ironing will allow you to see and feel your true length. I can't wait!
    Thanks NJoy.

I might flatiron if this humidity ever goes away, we've been having strange weather in NYC.

I might do it for graduation, but I might not if I don't make waist-length in time, but looking at my past pictures from October 2011, I feel like I've retained about 4.5 inches since then, which is okay because I cut about 1 inch in spring.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (09-08-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed1 View Post
    I remained on the sidelines last month. But I'm stepping up this month. I really need to get serious.

My September Goals:

1. Read my Bible daily for 30 mins.
    2. Buy a hair steamer and use for weekly deep conditioning
    3. Trim off these frayed and dry ends.
    4. Get my hair in healthy condition
    5. Work out at least 3x per week

Summer swimming ravaged my hair. I think I'd like to go natural at some point but for now I just need to get my dry and frazzled ends under control. I'm going to try regular deep conditioning and s&d my splits. If that doesn't work I'm going to have to cut at least 4 inches off. This is what I get for getting off the healthy hair bandwagon. Happy to be back.
    Glad to have you back with us. You can do it!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

I saw the August thread late last month and decided to be in this challenge this month. I need some changes in my life. No more allowing myself to be derailed by the negative circumstances of life. I am a newbie but this is the thread for me right now.

My goals for this month:
    Focus on hair growth and retention. Baggy/green house effect, Keeping my ends covered and moisturized. etc.
    Create new products for my small business.
    Start writing or complete the 2 books that have arrested my mind.
    Totally let go of past hurts. I must get those 'flash backs' under control.
    Follow my exercise regimen.
    Be a blessing in this forum. (get over my forum shyness LOL)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessing For This Useful Post:

Blessed1 (09-11-2012), MsDarling (09-10-2012)