Thread: Raw Egg for Hair Growth

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Raw Egg for Hair Growth

I came across this article: here and towards the bottom it talks about drinking raw egg, specifically raw fertilized egg. Yuck, I know, but it reminds me of the thread at lhcf that's been going for a while, where people are "drinking' their way to longer hair. I mysteriously have never seen any length results directly related to the participants' egg indulgences. Maybe it's because i don't have a paid account, but I'm just saying.

No offense to anyone who does it.

I don't think I'd do it unless someone paid me, haha.

The article is a relative of the founder of Maybelline's, she was writing about her grandmother's beauty secrets.

Thanks

Re: Raw Egg for Hair Growth

mmm....I don't know about that.

I don't remember seeing anyone's hair growth in that thread on LHCF, but I do remember reading that ladies were experiencing healthier hair and better skin. I just don't think that I can stomach raw egg yolk, even if it has an "orange julius" taste like the blog post says. lol! I really do like that blog though, I'm a bit of an antiquarian.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I tried to jump on that bandwagon. A member was talking about all these benefits, including hair growth. I thought it would make me feel healthier to drink a daily health drink. I added an egg to my healthy smoothie (+ wheat germ, black strap molasses, and anything else that I could lump in and be done with in one guzzle) but, stopped really early on because I felt the smoothie was causing me to gain weight.

As long as I couldn't see that I was drinking an egg (because it's blended in), it seemed ok. But the thought of drinking fertilized eggs just creeps me out. *shudders*

I do believe protein may help overall and I will add it to my healthy drinks but, I use whey protein. No egg, please.
    Let's grow some hair!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Royal_Woman (08-18-2013)

Thanks

As someone who eats meat, I can't really explain why I feel weird about eating a fertilized egg, but I just don't like that idea. I never got on that bandwagon...that was on that I didn't try!
    ]"Everyday in every way, I am getting better and better!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    I tried to jump on that bandwagon. A member was talking about all these benefits, including hair growth. I thought it would make me feel healthier to drink a daily health drink. I added an egg to my healthy smoothie (+ wheat germ, black strap molasses, and anything else that I could lump in and be done with in one guzzle) but, stopped really early on because I felt the smoothie was causing me to gain weight.

As long as I couldn't see that I was drinking an egg (because it's blended in), it seemed ok. But the thought of drinking fertilized eggs just creeps me out. *shudders*

I do believe protein may help overall and I will add it to my healthy drinks but, I use whey protein. No egg, please.
    Yeah, I remember reading through and finding that people said they experienced weight gain. Not for me.

I did eat an egg (cooked) like every day for a month a couple of months ago to see if it would help my hair, and I didn't see a difference. Apparently raw egg yolk is best.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    As someone who eats meat, I can't really explain why I feel weird about eating a fertilized egg, but I just don't like that idea. I never got on that bandwagon...that was on that I didn't try!
    I just can't eat raw meats except with sushi, it's strange, but that seems to be the exception for me, and even now, I tend to only eat a California roll or the cooked salmon rolls.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    Yeah, I remember reading through and finding that people said they experienced weight gain. Not for me.

I did eat an egg (cooked) like every day for a month a couple of months ago to see if it would help my hair, and I didn't see a difference. Apparently raw egg yolk is best.
    But, from what I understand, eating eggs, not just raw, are good for growth. So, I did start eating more eggs, boiled and scrambled. But the raw thing? No ma'am.

And can you imagine who can just drink whole raw eggs plain? Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes!
    Let's grow some hair!!