Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

[QUOTE=NJoy;3007

Ah well, I'm catching a lot of flack for even mentioning it so, I said I'd hang in there thru July and reassess then. But really, why not cut since I don't wear it out. Oh yeah. The family reunion this month. *sigh* We'll see.

I was planning to cut all the relaxed ends. I'm gonna say that will put me back between apl and bsl. Not a bad length until you've hit hip and have to go backwards.[/QUOTE]

Um, I thought you were going to trim. Wow, that's a big cut. IDK...and to be at the family reunion going like this uh, maybe I would wait until after. Sorry, I'm no help!
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mividabella For This Useful Post:

NJoy (07-04-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah, the family reunion is a major consideration. I'm tempted to just have my hair braided up for convenience (since we'll be at the beach at least 2 days) but, I know some are expecting to inspect my new length. Most of them haven't seen me in person since I started my HJ and only see my online pics. But when I think about it, that does mean a lot of hands all up in my head so, I don't know. But of course, if I cut it, it'll be like "It seemed so much longer in the pictures."

The other reason I'm considering getting it braided is because I'll be in Vegas with hubby a few days before the family reunion trip. It would just be more convenient. But again, my family. We're a bunch of Divas for sure and I KNOW some are waiting just to see my hair. What to do? What to do?
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Yeah, the family reunion is a major consideration. I'm tempted to just have my hair braided up for convenience (since we'll be at the beach at least 2 days) but, I know some are expecting to inspect my new length. Most of them haven't seen me in person since I started my HJ and only see my online pics. But when I think about it, that does mean a lot of hands all up in my head so, I don't know. But of course, if I cut it, it'll be like "It seemed so much longer in the pictures."

The other reason I'm considering getting it braided is because I'll be in Vegas with hubby a few days before the family reunion trip. It would just be more convenient. But again, my family. We're a bunch of Divas for sure and I KNOW some are waiting just to see my hair. What to do? What to do?
    I know Vegas gets hot in the summer (I've felt the heat), so maybe you could have a nice juicy bun while you're out & about on the town. Although I'm sure your hubby wouldn't mind your hair out while you guys are enjoying yourselves. But at the family reunion (that's what every 2 years?!) I say flat-iron hands down. If they are following your pics, they will be EXPECTING/REQUIRING to see the length. Why disappoint? Especially since if you braid you can't show your length, or that it's really your hair. I know for convenience braiding would be best, but you can't take back that moment. Plus, you could always pack a wig or just bun it back. But at the reunion on Saturday, the main event, I say straight, long, and flowing!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mividabella For This Useful Post:

NJoy (07-05-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

checking in...still bunning my almost straight hair. Put JBCO on my scalp & ends, then used some shea butter to lay down the sides. Everything else is still a work in progress.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah, I think the bun option will probably be best. It's gonna be hot (oh, and Vegas wreaks havoc on my hair and skin).

Adding DE back into my diet for 7 days, starting today.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Exercised today! Hubby gave me the idea to just start working out inside, with simple moves. I just started with some basic jumping jacks, then did a cardio routine (that I made up from the video playing in my head ). I used to take a lot of dance & exercise classes, and watched hella videos. Felt great! Hopefully I can continue to do @ least 20 minutes a day.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hair: Do castor oil (mixed with almond oil) scalp massages every night, really I can't massage a dry scalp and I just want 3 more inches for my goal of waist, but an inch this month couldn't hurt.
    Skin: staying strong with Mederma (though it makes my skin itch, is it the onion?) to help fade marks until the tube finishes, using my green apple peel once each week, using my Montagne Jenuesse masks at least once a week, also my Aveeno clear complexion moisturizer
    Nails: I just cut my left hand because my nails are growing so fast and the left retains too much and one had chipped and I decided to cut all. I will just maintain neat short nails, I can't deal with the speed of my nails growing and cutting those that chip, etc
    Overall physical health: cutting out sweets and junk, I'll give myself one cheat per week, cheats cannot be rolled over, this is not AT&T At least 3 salads a week! Plus my Vit D at least 3 times a week.
    Mental health: not stress and remember that things can only get better no matter how bad something seems at the moment
    I fell off for the past few days. I've been feeling sick, and therefore used it as an excuse to slack. I don't know if it's the heat or something else, I even feel queasy now.

Will hopefully force myself to get back on track tonight.

It seems like every few months I end up feeling sick.

I have to figure something out, and be as serious about as I have been about things like my skin and hair.

Anyway, regarding health, has anyone watched the video on this site http://www.jointhereboot.com/, I am now and it's pretty interesting.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    I fell off for the past few days. I've been feeling sick, and therefore used it as an excuse to slack. I don't know if it's the heat or something else, I even feel queasy now.

Will hopefully force myself to get back on track tonight.

It seems like every few months I end up feeling sick.

I have to figure something out, and be as serious about as I have been about things like my skin and hair.

Anyway, regarding health, has anyone watched the video on this site http://www.jointhereboot.com/, I am now and it's pretty interesting.
    Awww. Sorry you haven't been feeling well and I hope you feel better now. I haven't seen the video but will check it out. Hubby's watching tv and I don't have my earbuds. thanks for sharing.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Awww. Sorry you haven't been feeling well and I hope you feel better now. I haven't seen the video but will check it out. Hubby's watching tv and I don't have my earbuds. thanks for sharing.
    Thanks, I'm feeling improved, but I really pushed myself for the sake of my hair and skin, feels shallow on one level, but I know what happens when I let them go for too long.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    Thanks, I'm feeling improved, but I really pushed myself for the sake of my hair and skin, feels shallow on one level, but I know what happens when I let them go for too long.
    Yeah, don't I know it. And it's so hard to get back on track. Well, I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm watching the video now, btw. Be back with my comments.
    Let's grow some hair!!