Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    I'm at a crossroads. Last night, during my heavy oiling, I had a major urge to BC these relaxed ends. I really don't know why I'm holding on to them when I rarely wear my hair out. Why not cut 'em off and start this challenge with freshly BC'd hair.

Or, maybe I'll let it ride and see how I feel at the end of this month. Oh, I don't know which way to go. It's not like I won't be able to grow it back.

Not to mention shorter hair may be better during this crazy summer heat. You just know this year's summer is gonna be sweltering.

Decisions, decisions.

Thoughts?
    I would snip now, I remember when I transitioned last, I got tired of using hair product on hair that I was definitely going to cut off. Yes, I'm cheap.

But I guess think it through this month before you make any decisions.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyLocks View Post
    Your hair looks amazing! Keep up the good work.
    Thanks! It's just that after I had taken these pictures, my hair felt short again.

It's funny when I had hair that length and it was texlaxed I would get Dominican blowouts once in a while and I always had some people say my hair was long and then I had "friends" and family telling me it wasn't that long.

I wonder what happens at full waist-length?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Made it through the day without eating any candy, cakes, cookies, crackers, chips, etc

Yay!

I had a very low sugar yogurt (Siggi's) and fruit earlier in the day.

Today was a trip...

I found an ice cream truck in the city that sells 99 cent cones, what the--? Ice cream cones in NYC are nearly if not already $3 from the truck and today of all days there happened to be an ice cream truck that has 99 cent cones written all over it (literally), I just turned my head and told myself it's a trick/test.

I was also offered Belgium waffle topped with nutella and whipped cream, nope, none for me.

Picked up some chia seeds as I am running low, full of fiber and Omegas.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (07-03-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    Man, all this flat-ironing makes me want to break out my maxiglide.
    I haven't flatironed since 2010.
    Do it, do it!! Just kidding, but if you do decide to, in order to stay cool I would do it later in the day. With all your lovely hair I'm sure it will come out nice!
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    I'm at a crossroads. Last night, during my heavy oiling, I had a major urge to BC these relaxed ends. I really don't know why I'm holding on to them when I rarely wear my hair out. Why not cut 'em off and start this challenge with freshly BC'd hair.

Or, maybe I'll let it ride and see how I feel at the end of this month. Oh, I don't know which way to go. It's not like I won't be able to grow it back.

Not to mention shorter hair may be better during this crazy summer heat. You just know this year's summer is gonna be sweltering.

Decisions, decisions.

Thoughts?
    TBH, I'm thinking about giving myself a trim as well. It will braided up anyways, so it won't matter much. How much will you cut off?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Checking in...I've been in my closet cleaning it out all day, didn't get a chance to do my nails, & just kept my hair in a bun. Still trying to figure out workouts in this sweltering heat.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Washed with a mix of shikakai/brahmi/amla. I thought I would have to DC afterwards but my hair felt pretty good. So I just oiled with CO. Since I've gotten back to using CO on my strands, my braids feel wonderful.

My protein powder should be in tomorrow but in the meantime, I've been adding Naked protein drinks for added protein. It's not exactly what I want but will have to do.

Oh, and I tried lemon peel powder in my face mask. I have an ayurvedic face powder that I can't remember the name of right now. I added the lemon to that. I'll alternate that with tumeric/milk mask.

I would snip now, I remember when I transitioned last, I got tired of using hair product on hair that I was definitely going to cut off. Yes, I'm cheap.

But I guess think it through this month before you make any decisions.
    I hear you. I was thinking that it's gonna be more expensive to have my hair braided because it's long too. And why, when I'm gonna put it up anyway.

Ah well, I'm catching a lot of flack for even mentioning it so, I said I'd hang in there thru July and reassess then. But really, why not cut since I don't wear it out. Oh yeah. The family reunion this month. *sigh* We'll see.

Thanks! It's just that after I had taken these pictures, my hair felt short again.

It's funny when I had hair that length and it was texlaxed I would get Dominican blowouts once in a while and I always had some people say my hair was long and then I had "friends" and family telling me it wasn't that long.

I wonder what happens at full waist-length?
    Full waist length is the bomb.com. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by mividabella View Post
    TBH, I'm thinking about giving myself a trim as well. It will braided up anyways, so it won't matter much. How much will you cut off?
    I was planning to cut all the relaxed ends. I'm gonna say that will put me back between apl and bsl. Not a bad length until you've hit hip and have to go backwards.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Am I too late to join?

I really need to focus on length and retention during this challenge. I'm wearing my hair in braids six weeks at a time and one week no braids. I've been braiding my own hair but wonder if adding hair extensions to my own hair will cause damage?

For growth, I'm taking biotin, prenatal vitamin, and fish oil. I'm doing scalp massages at least 3 times a week. Cowashing only and protein treatment when I take the braids down. Will spray with braid spray and seal with coconut oil and sealing my end with castor oil.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Lady! No you're not too late. You're right on time!

I'm not sure about extensions. Maybe someone will have an answer for you. But when I briefly had extensions early in the game (for like, 4 days ) I had a problem with wasting product on hair that wasn't mine. Hey, stuff isn't cheap these days. lol

I'm planning to braid my hair up for the summer too. I'd love to add extensions for a fuller look. I like nice, chunky braids...if I can get 'em. But for now, my hair will have to do.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

I'm very proud of myself today. I've been drinking water all day and had water with my lunch. Plain ice water!!! That may not sound like much to some but it's a big deal for me.