Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Yawk!
    Posts
    111
    Blog Entries
    27
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts

    Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    I'm at a crossroads. Last night, during my heavy oiling, I had a major urge to BC these relaxed ends. I really don't know why I'm holding on to them when I rarely wear my hair out. Why not cut 'em off and start this challenge with freshly BC'd hair.

    Or, maybe I'll let it ride and see how I feel at the end of this month. Oh, I don't know which way to go. It's not like I won't be able to grow it back.

    Not to mention shorter hair may be better during this crazy summer heat. You just know this year's summer is gonna be sweltering.

    Decisions, decisions.

    Thoughts?
    I would snip now, I remember when I transitioned last, I got tired of using hair product on hair that I was definitely going to cut off. Yes, I'm cheap.

    But I guess think it through this month before you make any decisions.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Yawk!
    Posts
    111
    Blog Entries
    27
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts

    Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyLocks View Post
    Your hair looks amazing! Keep up the good work.
    Thanks! It's just that after I had taken these pictures, my hair felt short again.

    It's funny when I had hair that length and it was texlaxed I would get Dominican blowouts once in a while and I always had some people say my hair was long and then I had "friends" and family telling me it wasn't that long.

    I wonder what happens at full waist-length?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Yawk!
    Posts
    111
    Blog Entries
    27
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts

    Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

    Made it through the day without eating any candy, cakes, cookies, crackers, chips, etc

    Yay!

    I had a very low sugar yogurt (Siggi's) and fruit earlier in the day.

    Today was a trip...

    I found an ice cream truck in the city that sells 99 cent cones, what the--? Ice cream cones in NYC are nearly if not already $3 from the truck and today of all days there happened to be an ice cream truck that has 99 cent cones written all over it (literally), I just turned my head and told myself it's a trick/test.

    I was also offered Belgium waffle topped with nutella and whipped cream, nope, none for me.

    Picked up some chia seeds as I am running low, full of fiber and Omegas.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

    NJoy (07-03-2012)

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    145
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 64 Times in 59 Posts

    Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    Man, all this flat-ironing makes me want to break out my maxiglide.
    I haven't flatironed since 2010.
    Do it, do it!! Just kidding, but if you do decide to, in order to stay cool I would do it later in the day. With all your lovely hair I'm sure it will come out nice!
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    145
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 64 Times in 59 Posts

    Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    I'm at a crossroads. Last night, during my heavy oiling, I had a major urge to BC these relaxed ends. I really don't know why I'm holding on to them when I rarely wear my hair out. Why not cut 'em off and start this challenge with freshly BC'd hair.

    Or, maybe I'll let it ride and see how I feel at the end of this month. Oh, I don't know which way to go. It's not like I won't be able to grow it back.

    Not to mention shorter hair may be better during this crazy summer heat. You just know this year's summer is gonna be sweltering.

    Decisions, decisions.

    Thoughts?
    TBH, I'm thinking about giving myself a trim as well. It will braided up anyways, so it won't matter much. How much will you cut off?
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    145
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 64 Times in 59 Posts

    Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

    Checking in...I've been in my closet cleaning it out all day, didn't get a chance to do my nails, & just kept my hair in a bun. Still trying to figure out workouts in this sweltering heat.
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,247
    Blog Entries
    65
    Thanks
    512
    Thanked 331 Times in 260 Posts

    Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

    Washed with a mix of shikakai/brahmi/amla. I thought I would have to DC afterwards but my hair felt pretty good. So I just oiled with CO. Since I've gotten back to using CO on my strands, my braids feel wonderful.

    My protein powder should be in tomorrow but in the meantime, I've been adding Naked protein drinks for added protein. It's not exactly what I want but will have to do.

    Oh, and I tried lemon peel powder in my face mask. I have an ayurvedic face powder that I can't remember the name of right now. I added the lemon to that. I'll alternate that with tumeric/milk mask.


    Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    I would snip now, I remember when I transitioned last, I got tired of using hair product on hair that I was definitely going to cut off. Yes, I'm cheap.

    But I guess think it through this month before you make any decisions.
    I hear you. I was thinking that it's gonna be more expensive to have my hair braided because it's long too. And why, when I'm gonna put it up anyway.

    Ah well, I'm catching a lot of flack for even mentioning it so, I said I'd hang in there thru July and reassess then. But really, why not cut since I don't wear it out. Oh yeah. The family reunion this month. *sigh* We'll see.

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    Thanks! It's just that after I had taken these pictures, my hair felt short again.

    It's funny when I had hair that length and it was texlaxed I would get Dominican blowouts once in a while and I always had some people say my hair was long and then I had "friends" and family telling me it wasn't that long.

    I wonder what happens at full waist-length?
    Full waist length is the bomb.com. Nuff said.


    Quote Originally Posted by mividabella View Post
    TBH, I'm thinking about giving myself a trim as well. It will braided up anyways, so it won't matter much. How much will you cut off?
    I was planning to cut all the relaxed ends. I'm gonna say that will put me back between apl and bsl. Not a bad length until you've hit hip and have to go backwards.
    Let's grow some hair!!

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

    Am I too late to join?

    I really need to focus on length and retention during this challenge. I'm wearing my hair in braids six weeks at a time and one week no braids. I've been braiding my own hair but wonder if adding hair extensions to my own hair will cause damage?

    For growth, I'm taking biotin, prenatal vitamin, and fish oil. I'm doing scalp massages at least 3 times a week. Cowashing only and protein treatment when I take the braids down. Will spray with braid spray and seal with coconut oil and sealing my end with castor oil.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,247
    Blog Entries
    65
    Thanks
    512
    Thanked 331 Times in 260 Posts

    Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

    Hey Lady! No you're not too late. You're right on time!

    I'm not sure about extensions. Maybe someone will have an answer for you. But when I briefly had extensions early in the game (for like, 4 days ) I had a problem with wasting product on hair that wasn't mine. Hey, stuff isn't cheap these days. lol

    I'm planning to braid my hair up for the summer too. I'd love to add extensions for a fuller look. I like nice, chunky braids...if I can get 'em. But for now, my hair will have to do.
    Let's grow some hair!!

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

    I'm very proud of myself today. I've been drinking water all day and had water with my lunch. Plain ice water!!! That may not sound like much to some but it's a big deal for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •