Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    That's great! Does the Nutribullet blend the veggies/fruit to a a super fine consistency without much liquid?
    My blender sometimes needs a little help if I'm blending something that's not very watery, so I add some water.

Yeah, I feel like my waist has shrunken some since I got back to blending...fiber.
    The nutribullet is an extractor that turns everything into a liquid, including seeds and nuts. But you do have to add water. I throw chia seeds, flaxseeds and almonds into almost all of my mixes. And I've also been adding protein powder in my morning drink.

I'm out of town now so, I'll have to wait until I get back to get back on track. But I was really loving it!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well, as I mentioned, I'm out of town for a week so, I'm not going hard at all. I left town with tangles in my hair and haven't really had a chance to do anything about it, nor did I bring any hair products or concoctions. Smh. Part of my tangle woe is dried product so, while my family is sleeping in, I'm gonna wash and try to detangle my hair the best I can. In the meantime, I've been wigging it.

My eating has been horrendous but hey, I'm on vacation. I'll get back to juicing and taking my supplements on Thursday. *sigh*

I should've been better prepared. Ah well.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Checking in...I painted my toenails & they are too dark, but I'm going to keep this color for awhile. My fingernails still need to catch up with each other. My hair is still in braids, I've been alternating between oiling my scalp with JBCO and cowashing every other day. I set up a braiding schedule that I will try to stay on. I haven't been exercising since I'm fasting, so my only option is to exercise late at night...don't think that will happen. So I may have to wait until I stop fasting in about 26 more days, to get back on the exercise boat.
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mividabella For This Useful Post:

NJoy (07-25-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I got 75% of my hair detangled using the bottles of Paul Mitchell conditioner that the hotel provides. I could've done the rest but got lazy. Ah well, at least most of my hair is twisted under my wig.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ladies, it's almost the end of July....

I'm going to continue to GO HARD for the rest of the year. I want to be WL by December and I feel that I can get there. I'm going to be taking my hair down for a nice deep conditioning session, then it will be back to braids. My right hand's nails are growing great, my left hand is slowly catching up. One of the side effects of fasting is losing weight, which I didn't need to do, but hopefully it will take some of my middle too. I have been updating my closet and I'm really liking my new look. I'm going to continue focusing on achieving these goals.
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm planning to go hard the rest of the year too.

I'm really njoy'g my nutribullet. I feel healthier getting my nutrients directly from fruits and veggies. I foresee myself ditching many of my supplements. And, the more extracted drinks I have, the more I look forward to the next. This will be easy to continue.

I did an overnight DC last night. It wasn't intentional. I was just too lazy to rinse it out after staying up to watch the fight. Today I'll rinse it out followed by a nettle tea rinse. Ultimately, I"l twist my hair in 2-strand twists and bun the ends. Wigging when I want a different look.

My nails are growing nicely.

My face program includes washing with black soap and using tumeric masks to even out my complexion.

As for my weight, I have gained a bit but, it seems to be landng in the right places. I also think that all the juicing is causing me to lose a lot of water weight. My bladder is more active and my body just seems more toned because of it. We'll see how things progress with a regular exercise routine added.

All in all, I'm back on track now that I'm home.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Blah. I knew better than lump my wet twists together while dc'g overnight. Tangled braids have taken my detangling situation from bad to worse. Ah well. No worries. I coated my hair in CO, CHI serum and Crisco. I'm gonna let that airdry overnight and then finger detangle carefully. I hope that works. I'm gonna try not to get frustrated and just exercise patience.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hair: Do castor oil (mixed with almond oil) scalp massages every night, really I can't massage a dry scalp and I just want 3 more inches for my goal of waist, but an inch this month couldn't hurt.
    Skin: staying strong with Mederma (though it makes my skin itch, is it the onion?) to help fade marks until the tube finishes, using my green apple peel once each week, using my Montagne Jenuesse masks at least once a week, also my Aveeno clear complexion moisturizer
    Nails: I just cut my left hand because my nails are growing so fast and the left retains too much and one had chipped and I decided to cut all. I will just maintain neat short nails, I can't deal with the speed of my nails growing and cutting those that chip, etc
    Overall physical health: cutting out sweets and junk, I'll give myself one cheat per week, cheats cannot be rolled over, this is not AT&T At least 3 salads a week! Plus my Vit D at least 3 times a week.
    I had quit the castor oil massages and I'm not sure how my hair looks a whole month later, but I blew my hair out on Thursday and it started to shrink and so it's in twists now. I had done that forgetting that I would want to check the difference from June 30 to now. I don't feel I can do a legit check unless I'm wearing my sports bra that I always wear for hair pictures, because my eyes alone can't tell the difference. I might just undo the back twists to length check.

I switched things up with my skin care, but I'm seeing great results, my friend told me yesterday my skin has really cleared up a lot.

My nails are slightly longer than I've been keeping them, but still short, I haven't painted them in a while, sometimes I can't take the smell of polish. But because I shape them, they look pretty good.

I've cheated here and there with the junk/sweets, but it's summer and I'm starting school again at the end of this month, so I guess I was living in the moment(s). I honestly think my body looks in pretty good shape for summer. Usually during the summer, I get a little pudgy looking, but not this summer! I have been blending and drinking that in morning instead of a regular heavy breakfast which might be why I'm feeling trim.

I hope I can continue this into the fall semester of classes, which is my last and hopefully won't be stressful. This is challenge is great because it keeps me shuffling my goals so I at least work towards them somewhat even if they change.
    Last edited by MsDarling; 07-31-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks

Okay - so the end of the month is here.

Hair - I did not get the entire inch I was looking for, but my hair looks and feels thicker. I know that it's longer, but because I can't find out where I put the measurements, I'll never know how much longer it is...boo!

Face - My skin care system is working. I am noticing a lot brighter skin coming through and I returned to my good ol' fashioned African Black Soap, Modern Friction, witch hazel, and apricot kernel oil. I'm happy!

Body - Here's my most exciting change this month, I've lost a total of 8.2 pounds since July 1. No, it's not the 15 I wanted, but I'm so happy that I have got down those 8. My new goal is between 8-10 lbs. per month, and I think that I can do it.

Like Mividabella, MsDarling and Njoy - I'm am going to continue going hard until the end of the year. This was a great challenge!
    ]"Everyday in every way, I am getting better and better!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welp! Reporting in for my end of July results.

I have no clue as to what length my hair is until I get this knot out. Yeah, it's still there and I almost cut it out. I did cut two of my front braids loose. I'm not proud of that but, I don't think I lost a lot of length with those cuts. As for the one in the back, I just left it alone until I had enough time and patience to work on it. I picked up some "Take Down" at the beauty supply store today (because someone mentioned it on this boar). I'm a little skeptical about using it because I see "Borax" in the list of ingredients. In any case, before the knot, I do think I noticed that my hair grew. I just can't say how much just yet. Of course, without my regular monthly one inch trim this month, I should at least have an inch.

I posted somewhere else but, now that I'm juicing (extracting, really) with my Nutribullet, my skin looks so good! I'm also using black soap and throwing in occasional tumeric and milk masks. But my pores shrank, and blemishes are fading pretty quickly. My skin looks good and my arms and legs are so soft (says everyone).

I gained weight while on vacation but the weight is falling off. I'm down to 167 after being 175 just last week. And my waist is down to 29" from 31". I'm totally attributing this to my healthier eating with the Nutribullet. I know it can't be from working out because I haven't been consistent enough.

My nails look great. I ended up cutting all the nails on my right hand because a few of them broke and made my hand look snaggle-toothed. They're all growing back nicely and evenly. The 2 broken nails on my left hand have almost grown completely back and are almost the length of the others. I'm keeping the others trimmed so that they can catch up. But I also don't want them past the length that the long ones are now. In fact, I think I'm going to cut my thumb nail down because it looks too long.

July was not uneventful but still a good month overall. But I expect August to be better (now that the kids will be back in school). I should be able to get back on track.

I'm about to start the August thread. See you there.
    Let's grow some hair!!