Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

Blog Entries
    Thanks

July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

July 1st is this Sunday. So that gives me a few days to get my game plan, goals and supplies worked out.

One thing that I'm planning to do is cut back on (if not out) my daily supplements. I've already left biotin alone and I'm still taking quite a few supplements (not all for hair). I'm going thru my stash and hopefully cutting back to 2-3 daily supplements and healthier eating. I don't want to accidentally jack my system up with mega dosing supplements. I've already started detoxing my liver and kidneys in anticipation.

I measured and my hair is 30" from my hairline today. I'm hoping to get at least 3" by September. That means, I need at least 1" in July. Even so, I'm setting my July hair goal at 1.5" of growth. I'll be alternating between massaging sulfur oil and ayurvedic oils. Oh, and no more trims til my cut at the end of the year. I may need to S&D but that's it.

I'm also trying to grow the nails of my right hand out so that they're as long as the left hand. This is going to require regular manicures and hardner, especially on my right hand. My nails seem to be pretty strong but, I did get some chips and breaks in my right hand because I'm a little rough with that hand. They haven't been breaking at all lately but, still needs to grow.

My complexion still needs work. I don't have breakouts anymore since I've stopped the biotin but still have marks that need fading. I've basically been covering with makeup for a flawless look but, I want my own complexion to be that flawless.

And lastly, fitness. *big sigh* I don't want to focus on losing weight as much as toning up, especially my thighs. I've always wanted a little thickness added to my thighs. But now that I've added, I'm right at that point of "whoa!". Shaping and toning. Same with my waist. And, I'd like to strengthen and tone my back. Better eating, adding whey protein drinks and exercising will be my plan.

So far, these are my goals and my plan. Anyone interested in joining me in this challenge?
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: July 2012 Go Hard Challenge

I'm ready!

For July I will:
    • Hair: Do castor oil (mixed with almond oil) scalp massages every night, really I can't massage a dry scalp and I just want 3 more inches for my goal of waist, but an inch this month couldn't hurt.
    • Skin: staying strong with Mederma (though it makes my skin itch, is it the onion?) to help fade marks until the tube finishes, using my green apple peel once each week, using my Montagne Jenuesse masks at least once a week, also my Aveeno clear complexion moisturizer
    • Nails: I just cut my left hand because my nails are growing so fast and the left retains too much and one had chipped and I decided to cut all. I will just maintain neat short nails, I can't deal with the speed of my nails growing and cutting those that chip, etc
    • Overall physical health: cutting out sweets and junk, I'll give myself one cheat per week, cheats cannot be rolled over, this is not AT&T At least 3 salads a week! Plus my Vit D at least 3 times a week.
    • Mental health: not stress and remember that things can only get better no matter how bad something seems at the moment

My starting hair pictures taken today.
    myhairjune302012pic22.jpg
    myhairjune302012pic12.jpg

I uploaded my hair timeline picture to my blog here.

Let's go!
    Last edited by MsDarling; 06-30-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks

I am in, too! This will be my first challenge here.

Hair: I recently did the BC, but I am aiming to grow my hair long. I intend to measure my hair on July 31 and see that I've grown one inch of hair.

Regimen:
    M-Sa - rinse with water, apply Komaza Jojoba Hemp Oil, then Coconut Hair Milk
    Sunday - wash with Henna sooq sweet honey poo bar, DC with Komaza Olive Moisture mask
    Three nights a week I use JBCO throughout my hair and bag it up.

Skin: I have a really good skincare regimen that works wonders for my skin, I just need to use it.
    AM/PM - Wash with black soap, tone with witch hazel, treat with modern fusion (use brighter by nature or lemon juice at night), moisturize with apricot kernel oil
    Sunday - use Aztec Healing clay and apple cider vinegar mask before bed
    MWF - use Origins Modern Friction mini-dermabrasion.

Body: I want to lose a lot of weight, so I am going to try out two workouts a day: AM walk for 30-45 minutes, and PM balance ball workout for 45 minutes. I love exercising before work because it gets me ready for the day, and after work because it helps me to de-escalate! I intend to lose 15 lbs. this month.

My diet is pretty good, however, I am going to limit my sugar consumption and portion sizes. No sugary drinks at all, just water, fresh fruit and veggie juices I make, or homemade lemonade with agave nectar as a sweetener. My mom told me that she lost 20lbs a month in her 30ís when she followed this same plan, Iím hoping that I have the same success.
    Iíll be checking in daily for accountability, especially on the body portion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshine For This Useful Post:

FoxyLocks (07-01-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

^ Girl, you're not the only one needing daily accountability with fitness.

Well, here we are. July 1st and I'm set!

I'm starting off with a good DC w/steam today. I'll do a heavy CO oiling tonight for an overnight pre-poo. And then start on my ayurvedic-ish regimen. I'll play that buy ear tho but my plan is regular oilings of the length with CO and jbco/jojoba on my ends. I'm also going back on my growth mix regularly. I usually won't in the summer because it's just too hot to have my head baggied but hey, I have goals to meet.

For my face, I will begin using CO followed by a wash with tumeric and lemon peel.

I also plan to up my lean protein intake.

My starting weight is 168 in the morning and 170 by early evening.

Let's go, July Challengers!!! We can do this. Check in every day for accountability. I'm not slipping this time.
    Let's grow some hair!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

FoxyLocks (07-01-2012)

Thanks

Oh! I'm just in time. Please count me in!

I'm fully natural. Just cut my hair back to a blunt apt. My hair has been doing great with njoy's sulfur oil so, I plan to keep up with that. I'm hoping for a full inch of growth this month.

I'm doing pilates for fitness. I've just started but really like the whole idea of lengthening and stretching my muscles to tone up. I'm looking for a good program but for now, my cable station has a nice selection on demand.

Cutting out caffeinated drinks like coffee and Cokes will also be a part of my challenge. I'm trying drink more water. So far I'm drinking water with Crystal Lite packets added. I have to ease into drinking plain water. I hope to make it through the entire month drinking water, milk and fruit juice only. I can do this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    I'm ready!

For July I will:
    • Hair: Do castor oil (mixed with almond oil) scalp massages every night, really I can't massage a dry scalp and I just want 3 more inches for my goal of waist, but an inch this month couldn't hurt.
    • Skin: staying strong with Mederma (though it makes my skin itch, is it the onion?) to help fade marks until the tube finishes, using my green apple peel once each week, using my Montagne Jenuesse masks at least once a week, also my Aveeno clear complexion moisturizer
    • Nails: I just cut my left hand because my nails are growing so fast and the left retains too much and one had chipped and I decided to cut all. I will just maintain neat short nails, I can't deal with the speed of my nails growing and cutting those that chip, etc
    • Overall physical health: cutting out sweets and junk, I'll give myself one cheat per week, cheats cannot be rolled over, this is not AT&T At least 3 salads a week! Plus my Vit D at least 3 times a week.
    • Mental health: not stress and remember that things can only get better no matter how bad something seems at the moment

My starting hair pictures taken today.
    myhairjune302012pic22.jpg
    myhairjune302012pic12.jpg

I uploaded my hair timeline picture to my blog here.

Let's go!
    Your hair looks amazing! Keep up the good work.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FoxyLocks For This Useful Post:

Serenity (07-03-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm in...again! I liked the June challenge, it helped me to be accountable but I did fall off the boat a bit with my hair. I'm ready to join & be a lot more accountable. This month I'm focusing on:

Hair- 1 inch & just being happy with it
    Nails- Grow evenly & stay pedi'ed up
    Skin- Keep up with my Olay Prox & drink my water
    Fitness- I need to start doing something for exercise, I'm still working on my flat abs, my weight is fine with me
    Fashion- Build my wardrobe! Yay, I get to shop (obviously this will be the easiest part). I'm currently cleaning my closet in anticipation. Actually everything is just out of the closet, nothing is in place.

I'll come back later with a starting pic of my hair. I will check in daily!
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mividabella For This Useful Post:

NJoy (07-02-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Checking in...

I flat-ironed my hair today, in 107 degree weather, yup sure did. It's too hot to go out, so it's all good. I just wanted to take a starting pic & do something different. I turned the heat up a notch (I usually flat iron on 35, but I put it on 40), and I only used shea butter oil, no shea butter. I think that my hair moves better, but I still think I put too much product. I haven't yet mastered the swing yet, but that's all good.
    Anyways, I attached a pic I'm hoping to make WL by the end of this year. Ok, sorry the pic is so small all that work & I only exported it, not saved it to the program. Will try to fix it later.

I will try to do my nails tomorrow, and do more work on my closet. Still need to have a fitness plan.
    July length.jpg
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mividabella For This Useful Post:

NJoy (07-02-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm at a crossroads. Last night, during my heavy oiling, I had a major urge to BC these relaxed ends. I really don't know why I'm holding on to them when I rarely wear my hair out. Why not cut 'em off and start this challenge with freshly BC'd hair.

Or, maybe I'll let it ride and see how I feel at the end of this month. Oh, I don't know which way to go. It's not like I won't be able to grow it back.

Not to mention shorter hair may be better during this crazy summer heat. You just know this year's summer is gonna be sweltering.

Decisions, decisions.

Thoughts?
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mividabella View Post
    Checking in...

I flat-ironed my hair today, in 107 degree weather, yup sure did.
    Man, all this flat-ironing makes me want to break out my maxiglide.
    I haven't flatironed since 2010.