Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 30-Day Go Hard Challenge

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 30-Day Go Hard Challenge

Update time.

My goals:
    Hair: I was going to say 1/2 inch, but after seeing everyone else, why can't I have a whole inch? 1 inch please!
    Skin: fade hyperpigmentation and clear break outs
    Hands: Nails: I want 1/8 of an inch of nail growth
    Feet: Keep regular with my self pedicures
    Finances: get a paying gig for extra moolah
    Body: get rid of seemingly impending mini-thunder thighs

My process:
    Hair: wash and twist, wear my scarf religiously, seal ends (starting today, May 26)
    Skin: Raw honey mask and acv toner everyday, at least 30 oz of water a day (starting tomorrow, May 27)
    Hands: keep rubbing garlic on my nails (started:May 23)
    Feet: Will change polish every Sunday (starting tomorrow, May 27)
    Finances: Will search everyday and bring my A-Game to interviews (starting tomorrow, May 27)
    Body: do not buy candy, baked goods, chips, that should cut a good amount of junk out of my diet
    • My hair has been scarfed before bed religiously, I will wash and retwist, but I've been wearing a twistout and bun because of bday celebration, laidbackness.
    • I'm on my raw honey masks, but worried, I believe they are preventing my skin from tanning, I am not going to do ACV toner everyday because my skin is sensitive to it, I will do it every other day.
    • I've slacked on my water intake because of bday anticipation and being too lazy.
    • I couldn't continue my garlic from the end of last week until now because my sis treated me to a mani/pedi for my bday (couldn't say no), they filed my nails down a bit, but I like the shape, will be removing the polish tomorrow or the day after to continue my garlic experiment.
    • I did get an interview and land a gig!
    • As far as junk food goes, I've been slacking eating sweets cause of my bday, will be back on track today.

One more goal I thought of is to stop procrastinating and sell my clothing/shoes that are unwanted and donate the rest, I've been procrastinating this for at least 6 months.
    I will sell all I think can be sold to second hand shops, by the end of this month.

Hope everyone's still going strong!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (06-04-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    I've decided to buy myself something nice every weekend.
    ^^ That is all I read! LOL. I'm in total agreeance with that plan! I will be doing the same! I'm going to write a post in my blog about week 1, it was not a good week. Hopefully week 2 will be better!
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mividabella For This Useful Post:

NJoy (06-06-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    Update time.

• My hair has been scarfed before bed religiously, I will wash and retwist, but I've been wearing a twistout and bun because of bday celebration, laidbackness.
    • I'm on my raw honey masks, but worried, I believe they are preventing my skin from tanning, I am not going to do ACV toner everyday because my skin is sensitive to it, I will do it every other day.
    • I've slacked on my water intake because of bday anticipation and being too lazy.
    • I couldn't continue my garlic from the end of last week until now because my sis treated me to a mani/pedi for my bday (couldn't say no), they filed my nails down a bit, but I like the shape, will be removing the polish tomorrow or the day after to continue my garlic experiment.
    • I did get an interview and land a gig!
    • As far as junk food goes, I've been slacking eating sweets cause of my bday, will be back on track today.

One more goal I thought of is to stop procrastinating and sell my clothing/shoes that are unwanted and donate the rest, I've been procrastinating this for at least 6 months.
    I will sell all I think can be sold to second hand shops, by the end of this month.

Hope everyone's still going strong!
    Congrats on the new job!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm back on track with my supplements and drinking water. Working out and not eating junk? Well...I need to do better.

My skin seems be be liking something that I'm doing so, I'm happy with that. And my nails are super hard. I haven't had a chip, peel or break in a long time and they're looking lovely.

I'm STILL in these lashes. I can't take them off. They look lovely and make such a huge difference in my appearance. I have been rubbing jbco on my lashes tho. I figure eventually the oil may cause them to start slipping. Not yet tho. I may try strips to keep the look after I've taken these individuals off. But, I can never get my strips to stay right. Ehn. We'll see what happens.

As for my hair, I've been working on detangling and putting them in mini twists for the past few days now. I still have about 20% to complete. I like how the twists look and hang. But, by the time I get them all in, it'll be time for me to start retwisting some. That's fine. I hope, with regular retwisting for maintenance, to keep these in for at least a week or two... or maybe longer, if I can get away with it.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ordered JBCO, should be here soon! Cowashing and putting my 4 braids in!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mividabella View Post
    Congrats on the new job!!!!!
    Thanks! It happened sooner than I thought it would, but I sure wanted it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Back with an update!

[SIZE=]My goals:
    Hair: I was going to say 1/2 inch, but after seeing everyone else, why can't I have a whole inch? 1 inch please!
    Skin: fade hyperpigmentation and clear break outs
    Hands: Nails: I want 1/8 of an inch of nail growth
    Feet: Keep regular with my self pedicures
    Finances: get a paying gig for extra moolah (done)
    Body: get rid of seemingly impending mini-thunder thighs

My process:
    Hair: wash and twist, wear my scarf religiously, seal ends (starting today, May 26)
    Skin: Raw honey mask and acv toner everyday, at least 30 oz of water a day (starting tomorrow, May 27)
    Hands: keep rubbing garlic on my nails (started:May 23)
    Feet: Will change polish every Sunday (starting tomorrow, May 27)
    Finances: Will search everyday and bring my A-Game to interviews (starting tomorrow, May 27)
    Body: do not buy candy, baked goods, chips, that should cut a good amount of junk out of my diet

My hair has been scarfed before bed religiously, I will wash and retwist, but I've been wearing a twistout and bun because of bday celebration, laidbackness.
    I'm on my raw honey masks, but worried, I believe they are preventing my skin from tanning, I am not going to do ACV toner everyday because my skin is sensitive to it, I will do it every other day.
    I've slacked on my water intake because of bday anticipation and being too lazy.
    I couldn't continue my garlic from the end of last week until now because my sis treated me to a mani/pedi for my bday (couldn't say no), they filed my nails down a bit, but I like the shape, will be removing the polish tomorrow or the day after to continue my garlic experiment.
    I did get an interview and land a gig!
    As far as junk food goes, I've been slacking eating sweets cause of my bday, will be back on track today.

I will sell all I think can be sold to second hand shops, by the end of this month.[/SIZE]
    Hair: This is kind of gross, especially with the heat, but I haven't washed my hair since May 27, I think. I've been bunning, but I wear my scarf every night. Maybe I'll still retain well, I originally wanted to be in twists like all the time, like I usually am, but the past weeks, I've slacked.

Skin: I've stopped the raw honey masks for a few days and no acv either because my skin took a downturn after I made a scrub using brown sugar which has larger granules than the white sugar, but I couldn't find the white sugar, that was a huge mistake. I had red patches from using the scrub on my cheeks, and so I didn't know what to do. Frustrated, I used almond oil on my skin because lotion was irritating, then I went to wholefoods yesterday and bought evening primrose oil and punctured the capsule and rubbed the oil on my face last night. I woke up and the red patches had turned darker, but strangely enough, I could peel them (gross I know), anyway I used my fingertips even to just rub my face and the skin was flaking off, and most of the skin just came off to reveal, undamaged, non-red skin. My skin had taken a 180! This is a good sign, I have more oil on my face tonight, I hope my skin improves. I guess I'm experimenting with EPO now.
    I will beat hyperpigmentation and have healthy, clear, smooth skin on my face.

Hands: I really want 1/8 over tip of fingers, but rubbing garlic is not something I can keep with on my current schedule, I will do it when I can. Plus I want to enjoy my nails! So I decided live and let love and bought a new yellow polish yesterday. I did find a blogger who's experimenting with garlic too and she's being rather scientific with her procedure, she's here, she had found my blog post about my garlic thing, haha.

Feet: my pedicure is still going strong, I think I overestimated my need to paint my toenails, my polish usually lasts for at least 2 weeks, if not longer and plus I want to savor my first salon pedicure. I was feeling myself when I was at the salon and they didn't do much to my feet because I already maintain them so well.

Body: I'm so not on track, I had two cream puffs today (they were so good) and a pretzel from Auntie Anne's, I love carbs, I'm already small, and I just adore carbs, but I know it's not healthy, and I've been told to cut them out, plus my thighs might punish me, I'm too short to be out of proportion. On a positive note: I bought tons of kale yesterday, vitamin k, a, and calcium, does that cancel anything out?

Extra: I will start to sort out stuff to be donated/sold, haven't done it yet.

How's everyone else doing?
    Last edited by MsDarling; 06-08-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    I'm back on track with my supplements and drinking water. Working out and not eating junk? Well...I need to do better.

My skin seems be be liking something that I'm doing so, I'm happy with that. And my nails are super hard. I haven't had a chip, peel or break in a long time and they're looking lovely.

I'm STILL in these lashes. I can't take them off. They look lovely and make such a huge difference in my appearance. I have been rubbing jbco on my lashes tho. I figure eventually the oil may cause them to start slipping. Not yet tho. I may try strips to keep the look after I've taken these individuals off. But, I can never get my strips to stay right. Ehn. We'll see what happens.

As for my hair, I've been working on detangling and putting them in mini twists for the past few days now. I still have about 20% to complete. I like how the twists look and hang. But, by the time I get them all in, it'll be time for me to start retwisting some. That's fine. I hope, with regular retwisting for maintenance, to keep these in for at least a week or two... or maybe longer, if I can get away with it.
    Whoa, with hair your length, I can only imagine how long it's going to take you to complete your mini twists!

My hair is about mbl and it had taken me about 2 days of intermittent twisting on blown out hair.

The take-down is no joke, but I loved mine and had tons of compliments on them, and some haterators who refused acknowledge the twists were all my real hair and just gave me the stink eye.

Post a picture of your twists if you can when you finish!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mividabella View Post
    ^^ That is all I read! LOL. I'm in total agreeance with that plan! I will be doing the same! I'm going to write a post in my blog about week 1, it was not a good week. Hopefully week 2 will be better!
    I always try to do "something" new every weekend, whether it's going to a new place to eat or ordering something I've never eaten before, seeing a new movie(alone) or going to a neighborhood, store, or park I never been.

I started this months ago when I was in a ldr and even though my dbf is back, I still try to honor this little tradition I started.

I try to do it no matter what, even if it seems small, like a couple months ago I went out and decided to wander a different neighborhood and ended up trying my first crepe, these are wonderful memories for me.

It's great to be able to make yourself happy, makes it easier to do so for others.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (06-08-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    Whoa, with hair your length, I can only imagine how long it's going to take you to complete your mini twists!

My hair is about mbl and it had taken me about 2 days of intermittent twisting on blown out hair.

The take-down is no joke, but I loved mine and had tons of compliments on them, and some haterators who refused acknowledge the twists were all my real hair and just gave me the stink eye.

Post a picture of your twists if you can when you finish!
    After 4 days, I finally finished my twists last night. I had to jump in some water tho. It had been 4 days. Now my hair's a bit fuzzy, unless I wear a scarf on it to lay down the fuzziness. My relaxed ends look skimpy....as expected, so I'll try to curl those up and see what I get. I suppose I should be doing that now, huh? I'm laying in bed with my ends bunned up. Ah well. We'll see. I need to retwist some front ones too. But I'll see about getting some pics up.
    Let's grow some hair!!