Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 30-Day Go Hard Challenge

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 30-Day Go Hard Challenge

My 30 Day Challenge will start Monday, Memorial Day & end June 28th.

Go Hard Goals:

Hair: Grow 1 inch this month
    • Skin: Clear Face, I have been seeing some breakouts
    • Nails: Stronger, Longer Nails
    • Fashion: Upscale my clothing (no more looking like a teen mom )
    • Health: Consistent on Vitamins

How I will Achieve each goal:
    • Hair: I plan on either bunning or getting braids for the month. Continue following regimen of cowashing 2x wk, dc-1x/wk, m & s daily, castor oil edges
    • Skin: Drink more water @ least 64 ounces/day
    • Nails: 1. Wear @ least a base coat on my fingernails to stop the biting ; Rub Garlic on my nails as well, Keep toes done by self or shop
    • Fashion: Focus on outfit choices, no more "mom" jeans
    • Health: Take Vitamins Daily
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mividabella For This Useful Post:

NJoy (05-29-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My goals:
    Hair: I was going to say 1/2 inch, but after seeing everyone else, why can't I have a whole inch? 1 inch please!
    Skin: fade hyperpigmentation and clear break outs
    Hands: Nails: I want 1/8 of an inch of nail growth
    Feet: Keep regular with my self pedicures
    Finances: get a paying gig for extra moolah
    Body: get rid of seemingly impending mini-thunder thighs

My process:

Hair: wash and twist, wear my scarf religiously, seal ends (starting today, May 26)
    Skin: Raw honey mask and acv toner everyday, at least 30 oz of water a day (starting tomorrow, May 27)
    Hands: keep rubbing garlic on my nails (started:May 23)
    Feet: Will change polish every Sunday (starting tomorrow, May 27)
    Finances: Will search everyday and bring my A-Game to interviews (starting tomorrow, May 27)
    Body: do not buy candy, baked goods, chips, that should cut a good amount of junk out of my diet

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (05-29-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mividabella View Post
    My 30 Day Challenge will start Monday, Memorial Day & end June 28th.

Go Hard Goals:

Hair: Grow 1 inch this month
    • Skin: Clear Face, I have been seeing some breakouts
    • Nails: Stronger, Longer Nails
    • Fashion: Upscale my clothing (no more looking like a teen mom )
    • Health: Consistent on Vitamins

How I will Achieve each goal:
    • Hair: I plan on either bunning or getting braids for the month. Continue following regimen of cowashing 2x wk, dc-1x/wk, m & s daily, castor oil edges
    • Skin: Drink more water @ least 64 ounces/day
    • Nails: 1. Wear @ least a base coat on my fingernails to stop the biting ; Rub Garlic on my nails as well, Keep toes done by self or shop
    • Fashion: Focus on outfit choices, no more "mom" jeans
    • Health: Take Vitamins Daily
    Sounds good. The bolded had me rotflmbo!!! Don't pay to look crazy. You really do have to be selective in your jean choices. You have to aggressively deal with the mom jeans situation by getting rid of them! They are the most unflattering things EVER!!!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarling View Post
    My goals:
    Hair: I was going to say 1/2 inch, but after seeing everyone else, why can't I have a whole inch? 1 inch please!
    Skin: fade hyperpigmentation and clear break outs
    Hands: Nails: I want 1/8 of an inch of nail growth
    Feet: Keep regular with my self pedicures
    Finances: get a paying gig for extra moolah
    Body: get rid of seemingly impending mini-thunder thighs

My process:

Hair: wash and twist, wear my scarf religiously, seal ends (starting today, May 26)
    Skin: Raw honey mask and acv toner everyday, at least 30 oz of water a day (starting tomorrow, May 27)
    Hands: keep rubbing garlic on my nails (started:May 23)
    Feet: Will change polish every Sunday (starting tomorrow, May 27)
    Finances: Will search everyday and bring my A-Game to interviews (starting tomorrow, May 27)
    Body: do not buy candy, baked goods, chips, that should cut a good amount of junk out of my diet
    What does rubbing garlic on your nails do? Give growth? Make them strong? Details.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So sorry I haven't posted mine yet. I need a few more days to get it together!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tink For This Useful Post:

NJoy (05-29-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well, I have week 1 behind me and I didn't do very well. Between all the holiday and birthday celebrations, a crushing sinus headache that lasted for days and my trip out of town over the Memorial day weekend, I wasn't consistent with anything positive. I've updated my blog with the gorey details and vow to do much better this week.

Today, I'm all worn out from our holiday vacation on the beach and then chaperoning a kindergarten class (7 of em, actually) field trip to the Aquarium. I. am. beat! I think this counts towards my getting sleep goal tho. Hoping my oldest is home tonight so that I can go workout later. Meantime, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Today I'm definitely feeling like I'm getting back on track.

I cowashed my hair last night. It was soooo needed.

Today, my hair was still well-moisturized and looking pretty good. Even so, I still decided to massage a scalp treatment and added steam for 5 mins to help open my scalp's pores, as well as infuse more moisture (I did a mild protein treatment last night too)

I'm back on track with my supplements, I'm drinking acv/honey/grapefruit juice (followed by a grapefruit juice chaser) as well as sassy water (water w/cucumbers, ginger and mint). I'm on track with drinking water and even spent some time outside catching some sun. My eating has been clean and I had a chance to do some exercise...(some). I've been snacking on boiled eggs, carrots and almonds (not together). Each is supposed to be beneficial towards my goals.

My nails seem to be in good shape and have grown some since I had them polished. I can probably get another few days outta this polish. Meantime, I'll hit 'em with a clear coat.

I'm still in lashes. I hate to take them off because they look so good. But it never ends well when I leave them on too long. I've been putting jbco on the base of my lashes. When I remove these individuals, I'll start appying jbco with a lash wand.

Let's see...what else? Oh, and I'll probably do a tumeric facial mask later tonight.

All in all, I'm feeling great and am back on track.

How are you ladies doing?
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Sounds good. The bolded had me rotflmbo!!! Don't pay to look crazy. You really do have to be selective in your jean choices. You have to aggressively deal with the mom jeans situation by getting rid of them! They are the most unflattering things EVER!!!
    Yes, but they are so comfy! I had some size 6's from after I had my daughter, but they are so unflattering because they are so big. I will be going shopping soon!

Anyways, I have been taking vitamins (leftover prenatals), I did a sulfur application yesterday, got a little heavy-handed and was dripping all afternoon, then cowashed w/elasta qp. I'm in the process of making an appointment to get my hair braided, so hopefully it will be braided within the next week. Clothes wise- I've been in the house so no fabulous outfits, however I have also decided to not look like Molly Maid when Hubby is home, so I have been wearing cute shorts & leggings (things I normally don't wear out), and he appreciates the change. Nails, I need to do my fingernails, but my toes still look nice after painting them last week. I can probably get another week out of these, but I want to change the color. Oh, face, I almost forgot. I have been using Olay Professional with the little spin brush, I forgot I had it, I am in love! My face feels oh so clean after I wash it.
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mividabella View Post
    Yes, but they are so comfy! I had some size 6's from after I had my daughter, but they are so unflattering because they are so big. I will be going shopping soon!

Anyways, I have been taking vitamins (leftover prenatals), I did a sulfur application yesterday, got a little heavy-handed and was dripping all afternoon, then cowashed w/elasta qp. I'm in the process of making an appointment to get my hair braided, so hopefully it will be braided within the next week. Clothes wise- I've been in the house so no fabulous outfits, however I have also decided to not look like Molly Maid when Hubby is home, so I have been wearing cute shorts & leggings (things I normally don't wear out), and he appreciates the change. Nails, I need to do my fingernails, but my toes still look nice after painting them last week. I can probably get another week out of these, but I want to change the color. Oh, face, I almost forgot. I have been using Olay Professional with the little spin brush, I forgot I had it, I am in love! My face feels oh so clean after I wash it.
    Ugh. My facial spa brush kit is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. I need to get another. I forgot all about that.

And don't let comfy lull you into dowdy. It's a trick!

I've decided to buy myself something nice every weekend. Even if it's just a t-shirt. But I'm not gravitating towards sales only. I'm looking for quality pieces that look GREAT on me. I will usually settle for something that looks ok if it's marked down enough. I've been asking myself whether that piece is fabulous enough to be in my wardrobe. I think this weekend I'll go lingerie shopping. I have no budget when it comes to lingerie. I have yet to have hubby object. And I've also decided not to look like Molly Maid around my hubby. It's the little things.

Oh, and as far as my great day yesterday, I messed it up a bit by going to bed without taking my evening supplements. I think the evening ones are more beneficial than the morning because your body gets to use them during its rejuvenation period (sleep). Ah well. Today's a new day and I'm off to a good start. My problem comes when the weekend gets here. Eating clean on the weekends? Not so easy.

(pst! I still haven't gotten my butt in the gym to start with the trainer. I'm headed to the hospital to see the newest addition to our family. My great, great niece. Dang. That makes me sound older than I am but kids these days.)
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    What does rubbing garlic on your nails do? Give growth? Make them strong? Details.
    I always read this "tip" in magazines and garlic I think is high in sulfur, which is great hair, skin, nails, also I noticed nail products with garlic as an ingredient.

So I decided to give it shot, I am trying to document my progress, but got sidetracked.

I googled it again just now and found this: http://skinverse.com/garlic-for-strong-hard-nails.html