Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 30-Day Go Hard Challenge

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 30-Day Go Hard Challenge

Ok. My 30-day challenge is over. My skin, nails and sleep are coming along nicely. My hair is very healthy but, I didn't have pics to compare with for the beginning of the challenge so, I'm going to extend my personal challenge another 30 days. I think I'll officially start in July to keep it simple.

My fitness results are mixed. While I was eating much better, I didn't exercise as planned. I'd like to do better. I don't think I'm far from where I'd like to be so, I shold be encouraged. But, I think that's making me think I can afford to wait until tomorrow. So, fitness will definitely be on my agenda for July.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Well, apparently my natural hair is not going to get flat like I'm used to with relaxed hair. I may need a professional to get it straight. Also, my hair was oily from heat protectant and since my flat ironed hair always comes out feeling a little stiff, I oiled it with CO too. Might as well. It was oily anyway. So, I took pics with 2nd day hair to let the oil absorb a bit.

Heavy oiling straight hair helped me to really see where my relaxed ends start. I'm just above bsl with that. (I'm tempted to BC these skimpy relaxed ends now but won't know what to do with my hair.) The thickness is crazy. I wonder how I'll feel about HL natural because it feels like so much now. But, I'm going to stick with my HL goal for now and continue with trimming an inch or two at a time.

I'm in TN on the riverfront til Sunday. The humidity is crazy and my hair is reverting already. No biggie. I'd rather have my hair up anyway.

Anywho, here are my pics. I'm 14 months post.

I'm loving the thickness but, it does take some getting used to. If the main thickness is around bsl, it's gonna be crazy at hip. :thud: I gotta get serious with my regi to make my goal.
    Great hair color!

I agree, considering the humidity your hair is holding up well.

Enjoy your birthday get-a-way!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (06-26-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a great time. I started using CO nightly while on vacation. My hair was reverting but, I did get to do some braided buns outta the deal before I wet my hair (which I still haven't yet). Now that I'm back, I've been continuing with oiling and braiding my hair. In fact, I've braided my hair down and will probably keep it braided for awhile. I can cornrow other's hair but upon close inspection of my own braided hair, you'll see that my braids are really small french braids. Ah well. As long as it's braided down. I'll probably unbraid and rebraid as needed but, it's hot outside. I don't want my hair out and have to resist throwing my hair in a ponytail (which was fun, btw).

I'm planning to get back to using sulfur and indian oils on the length. I'm particularly using bhringajab (did I spell that right) on my edges to keep my greys from trying to show out on me. Will also get amla because I hear that helps too. Oh, and while I'm talking about it, since I'm doing heavy oilings, I'm also planning to try ayurvedic powders to clean and condition my hair. We'll see how that works.

I have more time to give attention to my hair since my hubby will be traveling for work most of july. I have a family reunion in July also so, I hope my hair is in tip top shape.

As for trims, I didn't trim on the 20th like I wanted. I'm trimming by moon phases. not sure if that works but, it's a way to plan my trims. I may slow up on my trims and just do a real chop at the end of the year. My hair has grown back since I've done a total of 4 inches of trimming this year. But it's still discouraging that it's not past my last length check. Yeah. I understand that's the point but, it's still visually disappointing. I have to see and feel like my hair is growing to stay positive about my progress. I've been worried about my hemline and me messing it up with chopping the ends off of my braids so, why was I surprised that I obsessed about my hemline looking shabby when I finally straightened it. It's because it's what I expected. I usually get what I expect and didn't even realize I was expecting a problem until recently. So, I'm gonna let my hair grow longer to keep myself motivated.

I'm REALLY happy with the health of my hair. It feels great. My only complaint is my whispy, relaxed ends. But really, they're healthy because I've been trimming them away. I guess having it layered and in a V, against the nutural hair makes it feel thin to me. I didn't want to BC because I wanted the length and it feels lovely. I can't wait to grow more so that I can cut back to hip length.

(this turned into a blog post. copying this to my blog)
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think I'll start a new thread for the July Go Hard Challenge. That will start on Sunday. That gives me a few days to get my game plan and supplies in order.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think I'll start a new thread for the July Go Hard Challenge. That will start on Sunday. That gives me a few days to get my game plan and supplies in order.
    I like the idea of starting on the beginning of the month.

Great, that gives me time to twerk my goals and priorities and to pick up some castor oil because obviously hair will still be one of them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (06-28-2012)

Thanks

Well, apparently my natural hair is not going to get flat like I'm used to with relaxed hair. I may need a professional to get it straight. Also, my hair was oily from heat protectant and since my flat ironed hair always comes out feeling a little stiff, I oiled it with CO too. Might as well. It was oily anyway. So, I took pics with 2nd day hair to let the oil absorb a bit.

Heavy oiling straight hair helped me to really see where my relaxed ends start. I'm just above bsl with that. (I'm tempted to BC these skimpy relaxed ends now but won't know what to do with my hair.) The thickness is crazy. I wonder how I'll feel about HL natural because it feels like so much now. But, I'm going to stick with my HL goal for now and continue with trimming an inch or two at a time.

I'm in TN on the riverfront til Sunday. The humidity is crazy and my hair is reverting already. No biggie. I'd rather have my hair up anyway.

Anywho, here are my pics. I'm 14 months post.

Attachment 405
    Attachment 406
    Attachment 407

I'm loving the thickness but, it does take some getting used to. If the main thickness is around bsl, it's gonna be crazy at hip. :thud: I gotta get serious with my regi to make my goal.
    Njoy, your hair is doing great thru your transition. You make this hair game look easy. lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessed1 For This Useful Post:

NJoy (06-28-2012)