Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30-Day Go Hard Challenge

Blog Entries
    Thanks

30-Day Go Hard Challenge

I have about five weeks until my birthday. I've decided I'd start a personal 30-day challenge to go hard on multiple fronts and get myself in awesome shape by my birthday. Then I thought, maybe it I could get others to join in, going hard to meet goals over the next 30 days (or 30 days from when you choose to start).

I plan to blog my weekly progress but commit to posting on the board, what I'm doing daily to go hard. I'm hoping this will create accountability and awesome results at the end of the 30-day period.

So, I'm challenging anyone who will accept to go hard on whatever your goals are for the next 30 days.

Rules:

1. State all of your goals and how you plan to achieve each one
    2. Start a blog post and post a summary in your blog weekly
    3. Post your daily activities towards reaching your goals and any commentary in this thread daily. (This is part of the accountability to keep forward momentum) If you have no activity for the day, come in anyway and post any thoughts on your progress or challenges.
    4. Post before pics (if you choose) and/or descriptions of whatever you're working on.
    5. Post after pics/results/changes at the end of the challenge.
    6. Thank the post so that you're added to the challenger's list
    7. Post your start date and your 30-day end date

Let's go hard! 30 days at a time! Are you in? If so, sign up right away and let us know what you're working on.

I'll be back with my starting details shortly. I hope you join me. No. I CHALLENGE you to join me. Are you in?

LET'S GO!!!!
    Let's grow some hair!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

mividabella (05-26-2012), Tink (05-17-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 30-Day Go Hard Challenge

I'm in! I'll be back to post my info (may not be til tomorrow)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tink For This Useful Post:

NJoy (05-17-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good morning, Divas. I started writing this out last night and passed out while doing so. That tells me that one of my goals needs to be to get a decent amount of sleep at night. This living off 3 hours a night isn't the move.

My Go Hard goals:

Hair: This is a tricky one. My goal is to grow at least +1" and be just past HL so that when I do my 1" cut on the 23rd, I'll be solidly HL.
    Now the tricky part about this is that I'm not quite sure where my hair is today. And I've been trying not to length check the back of my hair so that I'm surprised when I flat iron for my birthday. That said, I simply want to do all that I can to maximize growth and avoid any setbacks. I just want my hair to cooperate and look good on my birthday.

Fitness: I'm at 170 lbs with my waist at 30". My goal is 159 lbs with my waist no more than 29". Also want to firm my thighs and back.

Skin/face: My goal is keep my face as blemish-free as possible and get rid of the puffyness that's under my eyes on certain days.

Miscellaneous: Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night (), brighten my smile, even-length nails and grow longer, thicker eyelashes.

My Plan to reach my goals:

Hair: Continue supplements, detox with DE for a week 1st and 3rd week, up water intake to 80 oz a day, sulfur mix 3x/wk, weekly DC, scalp massages, wash as needed, cowash 2x wk, exercise, high protein diet, decrease sugar intake, clean eating and protective styling.

Fitness: water, diet, exercise w/trainer, DE and supplements

Skin: proper cleansing, moisturizing and sunscreen use, increased water intake, peppermint tea, tumeric masks.

Misc: Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night, use a whitening toothpaste and/or strips, trim my longer nails to a uniform length, and use castor oil on my lashes.

I'm starting my challenge on Monday 5/21 and will start my blog then. I'll update with anything else that I'm doing as it occurs. But, just having the intention, a plan and accountability will get me to my goals.
    Last edited by NJoy; 05-20-2012 at 01:37 AM.
    Let's grow some hair!!

growlonghair1 Guest

I'm In. I want to join if it is not to late.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to growlonghair1 For This Useful Post:

NJoy (05-20-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Nope. Not too late. Glad to have you.

I'm really excited about putting myself out there for this challenge. It's causing me to really take inventory of what I'm doing and what I need to do.

I'm adding to my list. I'd like to grow longer, thicker eyelashes. And to do that, I'm going to start using castor oil on my lashes. Updating my original goals list too.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ok. I'm all ready to get started tomorrow. I've decided for my overall health, hair, skin, weight, etc, I'm drinking 85 oz of water daily. I downloaded an android app to remind me to drink and keep track of how much I'm drinking daily. In addition, I've decided to make "sassy water", as described in the flat belly diet and as recommended by Dr. Oz. Sassy water is water with cucumbers (diuretic), ginger (increases metabolism) and mint leaves. I hear it's tasty. And if it helps to shed pounds, I'm on it.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It's day 1 for me. Today is hubby's birthday so, I've been preoccupied. No workout, forgot my supplements, yummy chocolate cake and too tired to do anything to my hair. I'll sneak in an oil scalp massage and moisturize the length and call it a day. Tomorrow's another day.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Checking in for yesterday and today. I ended up going to my doctor yesterday because my allergies are acting up and I have a crushing sinus headache. While I was there, the doctor reminded me that I was to have had my vitamin D level rechecked. Last time it was done, my level was low but, I didn't want to have more blood drawn to verify, as they requested. So, I bought some over-the-counter D vites, thinking that would help. Apparently my levels are extremely low so, I had to have blood drawn to see where I am now. Dr said she'll likely prescribe a high dosage for a period and then I can continue with the OTC ones. I didn't think my levels were that low because low levels often slow or stall hair growth. But, who knows. Maybe getting my levels right will add to my growth rate. That's a plus.

She also had me do a sleep study last night because I've been excessively tired lately. First of all, I usually only get 3-4 hours of sleep per night so, I think that may have something to do with it but, I followed doctor's orders and did the overnight study.

This pretty much means I did nothing beneficial to my goals yesterday other than taking my supplements and drinking 93 ounces of water. ()

Today, I'm still pretty much in the same boat, headache and all. I must've slept most of the day away trying not to feel this headache. Boy! Allergy season is the worst for me.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Checking in for yesterday and today. I ended up going to my doctor yesterday because my allergies are acting up and I have a crushing sinus headache. While I was there, the doctor reminded me that I was to have had my vitamin D level rechecked. Last time it was done, my level was low but, I didn't want to have more blood drawn to verify, as they requested. So, I bought some over-the-counter D vites, thinking that would help. Apparently my levels are extremely low so, I had to have blood drawn to see where I am now. Dr said she'll likely prescribe a high dosage for a period and then I can continue with the OTC ones. I didn't think my levels were that low because low levels often slow or stall hair growth. But, who knows. Maybe getting my levels right will add to my growth rate. That's a plus. :

Hmm, that's interesting, I was told I had low vit d levels back in fall and was taking vit d and I hated it, I think it was making me sick. I think you're supposed to take it hand in hand with magnesium, I'm hoping I'll get some good sun and that'll help. I haven't gone back to check my levels. I don't like any vitamin except vit C, haha.

I did take it with mag, but I just can't stick to pills.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm late, but I have other 30 days things I'm coincidentally doing and want to join this thread for accountability. I'm going to make a list of some goals and come back to post.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MsDarling For This Useful Post:

NJoy (05-25-2012)