Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speak Life Challenge ~ Speaking In Faith: The Hair Edition

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Speak Life Challenge ~ Speaking In Faith: The Hair Edition

I was just having a conversation with a friend about hair growth. She couldn't believe how long my hair has grown since the last time she's seen me. yada yada yada. I started asking questions about her hair, her regimen and what length she'd like to achieve. I was floored by the negativity that she expressed towards her hair and it's potential. I don't even think she realized the extent of her negativity. I tried to speak in positive terms and offer her compliments whenever I could but, she kept dismissing and doubting everything I said. Oh, she could speak well of me and my plans but for herself, she couldn't see beyond her past experiences.

Long story short, we got into the Bible and what it says about the power of words, about writing the vision and making it plain and about faith. None of this was new to her but, she was just in the habit of speaking doubt instead of faith. That prompted me to challenge her to decide on a goal for her hair and then to call me regularly and talk to me about her hair as if it's in the condition and length of her goal. I told her that this will allow her to speak life, feel the joy of already having it and also taking time to focus on the vision.

I read somewhere that it takes 21 days for something to become a habit so, we decided it would be a 30-day personal challenge to allow her to get in the mindset of having longer, healthier hair. In the meantime, she will take care of her hair like it's longer and healthier already.

I thought this would be interesting to post in the Healthy Hair section and challenge anyone to join me in speaking life over your HHJ. This challenge will last longer than 30 days since we're already on our HHJ and already committed to meeting our hair goals.

In this thread, I'd like for us to literally "call those things that be not as though they were" (Romans 4:17).

If you're interested in participating in this challenge, report in daily and make a positive post talking about your hair. This is not about your PRESENT hair but speaking from your GOAL. Whatever goal you have for yourself, in your post, let us know about your hair as if you already have it. Act as though you are writing a script for your own life. Don't judge it. Just have fun with it.

Make declarative statements. Call those things that be not as though they were.

Speak life over your journey. This is not the time to spend time giving details on specific stuff that you've overcome. Tell us what it's like now that you have overcome. Let us know how long your hair feels. Be descriptive. Let your dreams flow in your posts. It may feel silly the first few times but, once you start to feel supported and feel like this is a safe place to share your vision, then it will become an exercise that you'll come to enjoy.

C'mon. Let's have fun, dream big, speak boldly and reap the results of a mindset that's full of faith and joy.

What are you calling into existence? It's yours!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Re: Speak Life Challenge ~ Speaking In Faith: The Hair Edition

Humm. I wonder who you coudl be talking about.

I'm definitely in on this one. I have to get in the habit of saying good things about my hair and myself.

Well I'm BabyGirl and my hair is wl with perfect ends. I love how moisturised my ends are. I use the right products and my hair has grown so long. I love my hairrrr!

P.S. Thanks Njoy. God knew I needed a positive person like you around me.

Thanks

Interesting. I do something like this through journaling. I guess this would be more like speaking it outloud because I'd be sharing my private thoughts. I like to write my thanks for what I want so I'll do that here.

I'm thankful for strong hair. My strands are like steel. My hair is long and healthy and I'm thankful. When I comb my hair, the combe glides through easily and I'm thankful. I look gorgeous when I wear my hair in a big bun. Everyone compliments me and I agree. My hair is beautiful and growing.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My hair has grown tremendously. I just got it flat-ironed, it is full waist length. I like how soft and shiny my hair is. Everyday I enjoy my regimen, because I can see the results. I'm so grateful to have long, healthy hair.
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well, well, well! Look at all the beautiful hair up in here! So long and healthy. I guess I'm in the right place.

My hair is so long and thick. I braid my hair in two long braids at night and then take them down in the morning. The beautiful waves! I love it. I just finished combing thru my long, thick, wavy hair and am thrilled to find it thick thru the ends. My hair is tailbone length and I had no trouble combing thru my lucious locks.

I love swishing my head from side to side and feeling my hair sweeping my entire back, down to my bottom. I love my hair and am SOOOO thankful.

My hair is long, strong, thick and healthy. And I deserve it because I take excellent care of my hair. I eat well, keep my hair clean and moisturized and I excercise. My hair happily grows effortlessly. Even now, my hair continues to grow. Even now! Don't you just love it!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I just got finished DCing my waist length hair. I love how my hair falls down my back. It is so long and strong. I am so happy that it is healthy, and it continues to grow! It is so easy to take care of my hair, because as I treat it well it rewards me with new lengths and better health.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mividabella For This Useful Post:

NJoy (01-28-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Detangling my hair is a breeze. Who knew it would be so easy at this length? Boy am I thankful! Oh, and I found a moisturizer/leave in that allows me ot wear the most stunning braidout! Oh the compliments that I continue to get. I LOVE my hair!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

I love my long full bra strap length hair. It is easy to manage, and I love rocking it in a wavy hairstyle. I just put in three big cornrows at night, and braid out in the morning and go.

Classygyrl08

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Everyday I find a new reason to love my hair. Today it is in a nice, big juicy bun. Since my hair is waistlength, any style I do makes it look really nice.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mividabella For This Useful Post:

NJoy (01-31-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Today, I had my hair flat ironed. The stylist did an amazing job. My hair feels so long, thick and healthy. I love the way it flows down my back and flutters lightly with any breeze. When I walk by, I can see people watching me, admiring my hair and even wondering if it's real. I'm feeling pretty confident knowing that you don't even find weave this long and this beautiful. I feel special. I feel like a star. I guess I should go shopping for sunglasses appropriate for a star like myself. I LOVE my hair, swaying when I walk. Oh, and when I pull it all over one shoulder, it's such a dramatic event as I smooth it out with my fingers down the front of my body. I AM special. This is amazing and I am SO grateful!
    Let's grow some hair!!