Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Winter Protective Style Challenge

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sirius B
    Posts
    91
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 47 Times in 37 Posts

    Winter Protective Style Challenge

    Hello, ladies! This is a pretty basic challenge with not many rules to follow. It officially runs from Dec 1st, 2011 - Feb 29th, 2012.
    • Wear your hair in a protective style of your choose be it wigs, weaves, buns, braids, etc.
    • There are a handful of passes as you can wear your hair out 1 day per week.
    • Check in at least once a month.
    • Posting pictures aren't mandatory but are encouraged because who doesn't love hair pics.

    See? Simple and sweet. Now ladies let's grow some hair!

    Challengers
    Ravengirl
    mividabella
    NJoy
    Early Bird
    Last edited by Ravengirl; 11-27-2011 at 03:01 AM.
    SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ TBL ~ CL
    4b, natural, fine strands, normal density. Low-maintenance routine, protective styling 24/7.
    SHAMPOO: Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo (sulfate-free)
    CONDITIONER: Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
    LEAVE-IN/MOISTURIZER: Qhemet Biologics BRBC
    OIL/BUTTER/SEALANT: coconut oil, almond oil, and rice bran oil
    BSL 20113

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravengirl For This Useful Post:

    Early Bird (11-26-2011), mividabella (11-15-2011), NJoy (11-15-2011)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sirius B
    Posts
    91
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 47 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: Winter Protective Style Challenge

    I will be starting this challenge early as I will be starting this week. I plan to wear my hair in cornrows under wigs for the winter. Keeping it nice and simple. Hopefully I won't have to redo my braids often as I would like to keep them in for 1 to 2 months at a time.
    SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ TBL ~ CL
    4b, natural, fine strands, normal density. Low-maintenance routine, protective styling 24/7.
    SHAMPOO: Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo (sulfate-free)
    CONDITIONER: Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
    LEAVE-IN/MOISTURIZER: Qhemet Biologics BRBC
    OIL/BUTTER/SEALANT: coconut oil, almond oil, and rice bran oil
    BSL 20113

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    145
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 64 Times in 59 Posts

    Re: Winter Protective Style Challenge

    I'm in! I will be braiding my hair and covering it with a scarf daily. I may get my hair cornrowed once or twice as well.
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    145
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 64 Times in 59 Posts

    Re: Winter Protective Style Challenge

    Changed my mind...my color purples aren't looking too pretty and I am constantly taking them out to length check. I'm going to get my hair cornrowed so I can leave it alone for a few weeks at a time.
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,247
    Blog Entries
    65
    Thanks
    512
    Thanked 331 Times in 260 Posts

    Re: Winter Protective Style Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by mividabella View Post
    Changed my mind...my color purples aren't looking too pretty and I am constantly taking them out to length check. I'm going to get my hair cornrowed so I can leave it alone for a few weeks at a time.


    Does that mean Celie braids?


    I'm in! I'm definitely putting my hair away for the winter. I'm gonna try cornrowing my hair and wearing beneath wigs or caps...baggied, of course.
    Let's grow some hair!!

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    145
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 64 Times in 59 Posts

    Re: Winter Protective Style Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post


    Does that mean Celie braids?


    I'm in! I'm definitely putting my hair away for the winter. I'm gonna try cornrowing my hair and wearing beneath wigs or caps...baggied, of course.
    LOL...yes thats what I call them. They are not sexy AT ALL. I just like that I can do them myself and I still have access to my scalp so I can apply sulfur. I'm switching to cornrows so that way my hair will be neater (it will be under a scarf anyways) and so I can't length check every night!
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sirius B
    Posts
    91
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 47 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: Winter Protective Style Challenge

    Hello fellow challengers. Wishing everyone good luck.

    Like I said I started this challenge early. So far so good. My braids are already getting a bit frizzy but I will NOT be taking them out until at least 2 weeks. I don't know why I am obsessed with having neat braids when no one even sees them. Recently, found out about Super Beauty which is like the Walmart of hair! I want to go so bad to buy one or two wigs. That should get me through to February without getting bored.
    SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ TBL ~ CL
    4b, natural, fine strands, normal density. Low-maintenance routine, protective styling 24/7.
    SHAMPOO: Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo (sulfate-free)
    CONDITIONER: Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
    LEAVE-IN/MOISTURIZER: Qhemet Biologics BRBC
    OIL/BUTTER/SEALANT: coconut oil, almond oil, and rice bran oil
    BSL 20113

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,247
    Blog Entries
    65
    Thanks
    512
    Thanked 331 Times in 260 Posts

    Re: Winter Protective Style Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by mividabella View Post
    LOL...yes thats what I call them. They are not sexy AT ALL. I just like that I can do them myself and I still have access to my scalp so I can apply sulfur. I'm switching to cornrows so that way my hair will be neater (it will be under a scarf anyways) and so I can't length check every night!
    I do Celie braids too because I can't cornrow my own hair to save my life. Well, I can but, it ain't pretty.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ravengirl View Post
    Hello fellow challengers. Wishing everyone good luck.

    Like I said I started this challenge early. So far so good. My braids are already getting a bit frizzy but I will NOT be taking them out until at least 2 weeks. I don't know why I am obsessed with having neat braids when no one even sees them. Recently, found out about Super Beauty which is like the Walmart of hair! I want to go so bad to buy one or two wigs. That should get me through to February without getting bored.
    Would that be Super Beauty in the Greenbriar plaza? Aisle and aisles of hair!!
    Let's grow some hair!!

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    145
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 64 Times in 59 Posts

    Re: Winter Protective Style Challenge

    ^^ I recently learned how to cornrow so I can do my toddler's hair decent. But my own hair, especially the new growth in the front .

    But I have a new style, just 4 simple braids and then I pull them back in a bun (going to get a clip so I won't have to use a scrunchie). It's easier to detangle each section and redo, and I can get to my scalp to apply the sulfur. I'm going to keep this up until I can get my hair braided.
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sirius B
    Posts
    91
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 47 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: Winter Protective Style Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Would that be Super Beauty in the Greenbriar plaza? Aisle and aisles of hair!!
    Yep, that's the one. I blame that thread you started for perking my interest in the place. Haven't been yet but I so want to go!
    SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ TBL ~ CL
    4b, natural, fine strands, normal density. Low-maintenance routine, protective styling 24/7.
    SHAMPOO: Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo (sulfate-free)
    CONDITIONER: Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
    LEAVE-IN/MOISTURIZER: Qhemet Biologics BRBC
    OIL/BUTTER/SEALANT: coconut oil, almond oil, and rice bran oil
    BSL 20113

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •