Thread: Winter Hair Care

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question Winter Hair Care

How do you plan to care for your hair this winter? Will you be changing up the products you use, protective styling, trying new techniques or keeping your regimen more or less the same?
    SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ TBL ~ CL
    4b, natural, fine strands, normal density. Low-maintenance routine, protective styling 24/7.
    SHAMPOO: Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo (sulfate-free)
    CONDITIONER: Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
    LEAVE-IN/MOISTURIZER: Qhemet Biologics BRBC
    OIL/BUTTER/SEALANT: coconut oil, almond oil, and rice bran oil
    BSL 20113

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Winter Hair Care

Let's get this started!
    I plan to do a personal protective style challenge from now till February where I wear cornrows under a wig. I don't know what my shampoo/condition schedule will be like but I hope to keep the cornrows in for a month or two at a time. Product wise, I am going back to the basics. After writing a list of all the products I have tried over the year, I stocked up on my faves.
    My regimen last winter was sorta the same -- wearing wigs and such but I took out my cornrows and washed on a weekly basis. This time around I am much busier and not as enthused about haircare so my time in-between washes has extended from weekly to bi-monthly so far. I workout regularly now so I don't know if that will alter my routine further yet.
    If anyone would like to join me in a three month winter protective style challenge (you can wear whatever protective style you like) then hit me up and I'll make a thread.
    SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ TBL ~ CL
    4b, natural, fine strands, normal density. Low-maintenance routine, protective styling 24/7.
    SHAMPOO: Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo (sulfate-free)
    CONDITIONER: Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
    LEAVE-IN/MOISTURIZER: Qhemet Biologics BRBC
    OIL/BUTTER/SEALANT: coconut oil, almond oil, and rice bran oil
    BSL 20113

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravengirl For This Useful Post:

NJoy (11-14-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravengirl View Post
    Let's get this started!
    I plan to do a personal protective style challenge from now till February where I wear cornrows under a wig. I don't know what my shampoo/condition schedule will be like but I hope to keep the cornrows in for a month or two at a time. Product wise, I am going back to the basics. After writing a list of all the products I have tried over the year, I stocked up on my faves.
    My regimen last winter was sorta the same -- wearing wigs and such but I took out my cornrows and washed on a weekly basis. This time around I am much busier and not as enthused about haircare so my time in-between washes has extended from weekly to bi-monthly so far. I workout regularly now so I don't know if that will alter my routine further yet.
    If anyone would like to join me in a three month winter protective style challenge (you can wear whatever protective style you like) then hit me up and I'll make a thread.
    I'm in. I'm usually protective styling any way so, this should be a breeze. In the winter, I keep my hair baggied under wigs and snoods/hats. And since I'm stretching, I'm pretty much in cornrows or Celie braids. I've been pretty hair lazy and really need to up my game. I bought a new steamer and haven't really been using it. I'll also hit up henna at least once a month and try to keep my ends fresh by using my splitender every month or two. I'm starting to see split ends for the first time and i don't like it one bit. But again, I've been hair lazy. Upping the care of my ends for the winter months.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm in! I had already planned on doing a strict sulfur & ps routine and not straighten until February anyways. I will be doing my Color Purples (6-8 braids) for a week at a time, then take them down on the weekend to deep condition. My hair is covered daily by a scarf, so I may try baggying/GHE underneath. I need to find a moisturizing leave-in so my hair won't be so dry.

Oh and to answer the original question, I don't really change anything, although I usually have my hair braided more in the winter because it's easier to deal with. I don't have a set reggie yet, just going with the hair flow. Still need to find the best products for me.
    la vida solo momentos que se viven una vez