Thread: PICS, PICS, Where are the pics?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

PICS, PICS, Where are the pics?

I love looking at other people's progress and hair, our hair is so different but so beautifully unique. So where are all the pics? Let's see some...I will post straight pics after I get my hair flat-ironed next week.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: PICS, PICS, Where are the pics?

Awesome post. Who doesn't like looking at pics? I haven't been posting as many pics as last year because I've been in HYH challenges on other boards. But, seeing progress is motivating to everyone so, I'll be back with the few that I have. But of course, I have a ton of pics from last year posted here in my blog.

~NJoy!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks I love looking at your inspirational pics. I'm looking for a pic from when I got my hair flat-ironed in April.

Everyone else come on out!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah, where da pitchas at?!?!?!?!

Anywho, here are a few more of mine during this year. To get you caught up, I had a setback during the first quarter of the year because of the stress of going thru my mom's final months with her. My hair tangled badly and I did some ripping through it, thinking, in the grand scheme of things, it's only hair. (um...easy to say when you're stressed out). Anywho, here's April. I texlaxed after a 38 wk stretch because I was wasn't able to stay on top of my hair like I needed to for a stretch that long and was experiencing a lot of breakage when I washed. Ah well...

May, my hair was recovering nicely. Here's 5/22/11, when I did a random length check while oiling my hair with EVCO: (sorry. I wiped the mirror with a towel making it really streaky)

My birthday on 6/23/11 (I didn't wear my hair out on my birthday, btw. I just took a pic and bunned. Boring, I know.)

And here's me in October at about 25 wks post. I unbraided some Celie braids and stretched just to get an idea how my hemline was coming along. I cut about an inch off of each of my Celie braids in September on a whim (well, because my bonelaxed ends looked so skimpy). I don't think it's that noticeable because I'm layered. And look at all that weight I'd put on. I'm slimmer now in the waist somehow. I think it's the Mega Green T. Causes my waist to slim down pretty quickly. I took it to slim down in May, stopped taking it over the summer and upped my protein. I've been back on it for the past few weeks and have already slimmed down. I'm just making the connection a couple days ago and will continue to maintain by adding green tea to my batch of supplements. Anywho...

Hopefully, by the end of the year, IF I texlax (or may just flat iron), I'll be full HL. I was grazing HL in September before I clipped those ends so randomly. I want full HL so that I can keep trimming back til these bonelaxed ends are gone. I'm 29 wks post on tomorrow now. My hair is still in Celie braids and I'm still not sure if and when I'll texlax next so, I haven't been using any growth aids, just in case.

So, there you have it. This year has been different from last year because I wasn't going as hard. Since I'm doing really long stretches, I'm not cowashing as much, leaving my hair alone more and focused on other areas of my life. Even so, I'm still stunned by how long my hair has grown. My braids hang out around WL so, I usually roll the ends so that they're not just hanging. I've learned that braiding or twisting my braids together to pin up in the back doesn't work for me at all. Somehow my sheds work they're way down my braids and tangles them.

So, the end. I guess this was more of a blog post than a response, huh? Maybe I'll blog this post. Meantime, shhhhh! I'm supposed to be hiding my hair. Ah well. lol

~NJoy
    Let's grow some hair!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

mividabella (11-07-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

^^^ for the inspirational pics! But I'm , I would have been whipping my hair on my bday! It was so nice, you coulda took her out for a birthday spin!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mividabella View Post
    ^^^ for the inspirational pics! But I'm , I would have been whipping my hair on my bday! It was so nice, you coulda took her out for a birthday spin!!!!
    Girl, I went thru all the trouble of flat ironing it out and then it started raining. Best I could do was to whip it around the house.
    Let's grow some hair!!