Thread: BC'd my 11 yr old's hair last night!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

BC'd my 11 yr old's hair last night!

And she absolutely loves it! I mean, for 4 hours straight, she gushed and told me how great she looks, feels, how good it feels to be natural, how much taller and more mature she looks, and how great a mom I am. Finally, at 2 am, I had to pull her out of the clouds and tell her to go to bed.

Today, I'm washing, DC'g and putting her hair in chunky twists for a twistout tomorrow. She's been texting pics to her friends like crazy so, I thought I'd share some too.

Her shrinkage is outrageous. Her hair stretches to bsl. Now that she's fully natural, I have to up my game in helping her with styles and maintenance. Gulp!

So, that puts pressure on me. I said to hubby, "Well, Chelsea BC'd and now Jasmine. Hmmm. Maybe I should...." He side eyed me so hard. lol. Ya never know tho.

DD is asking so, tomorrow's twistout may actually turn into a curly frohawk. We'll see.
    Last edited by NJoy; 10-01-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Re: BC'd my 11 yr old's hair last night!

OmGoodness...I love it. Her hair is sooo beautiful..she makes me want to transition! You obviously do a GREAT job caring for her hair! How long did she transition for?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. D View Post
    OmGoodness...I love it. Her hair is sooo beautiful..she makes me want to transition! You obviously do a GREAT job caring for her hair! How long did she transition for?
    It was well over a year, maybe two. I'm not sure. I didn't even know that we were transitioning her. I just decided not to perm her hair anymore. And the difference between her hair and the relaxed ends was the deciding factor.

I updated the post with the last pic. I didn't even realize I had two of the same pictures posted.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Beautiful, beautiful job! I can see her confidence shining through!