Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stretching a relaxer? Get in here!

Thanks

Re: Stretching a relaxer? Get in here!

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    You have to henna before indigo. The indigo stains the henna that's deposited on the hair. I wish tho.
    Ok gotcha! And yes it looks like a process and time consuming but at least its natural so that's what's counts. I was like oh my, this is deep! Lol... I saw this other kit by light mountain hair color and I saw a video on it and it looked like a 1 step process like a regular rinse/dye type of application. It's $6.99 also...hmmmm...lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tweety For This Useful Post:

NJoy (01-12-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm losing track. I'm 38 wks post texlax and doing well. Trying to stretch to 52 wks post and then decide at that point whether to relax or if I'm officially transitioning. I ended my last stretch at 38 wks, mainly because I had encounted 3 major detangling nightmares. I was under a lot of stress with my mom being sick and just not taking care of my hair. This time around, I'm stretching like a champ. No problems whatsoever.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'll be 43 wks post texlax tomorrow. Forty-three weeks! Wow! I'm in deep! I'm more than a month beyond my longest stretch and I'm trying to decide what's next. I honestly don't want to bother relaxing. But at the same time, I'd like to wear my hair straight, and allowing my length to show, but I don't want to have to keep flat ironing. Maybe rollersetting, huh? Girl, I can't do that. I can't sit under a dryer for the time that it takes to dry my hair. Relaxed was long enough. I can only imagine how much longer it will take now.

I look at ladies like HairCrush who works twists and looks great. But, when I think of twists for myself, I think of impending detangling nightmares. I'm really hoping I can get a decent set with curlformers. Then there's hope for me. Other than that, what can I do? what will I do.

What are you ladies doing? And how's your stretch going? Anyone planning to or officially decided to transition? Details! Don't leave me trying to figure this thing out for myself. I want to know what you think and what you're going thru.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Haircrush has beautifulllll hair! I'm still hanging in there, just tryna figure out what to do so far as styling goes. Not into the wigs, and I really don't trust anyone to braid my hair. Once I figure that out it will be better.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tweety For This Useful Post:

NJoy (02-17-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So I've been pretty much keeping my hair in Celie braids, which don't look so crazy at longer lengths with the ends curles. I usually have a scarf tied around the edges like a headband and the braids hanging or pinned up. Oh, and I finally realized that I can NOT detangle in the shower. I wash, DC and moisturize my hair in braids, put Crisco on the ends (which keeps the ends of my braids from tangling. A BIG issue for me) and let it airdry. Then I'm able to easily detangle. THIS is the thing that has been saving me from tangles and matting.

I tried curlformers for the first time and that worked very well. And I'm remembering to stay on top of my protein game.

I'm not having any shedding or major breakage issues like I was the first time around. Of course, I'm not under the same stress this time around either.

I went to see Diana Ross in concert last night and tried to do a twist out. My straight ends ruined the effect so I ended up putting my hair in a big, juicy bun. This is the first time that I've had my hair out of Celie braids or twists in a minute. But, because of a really good moisturizing DC, my hair is so friggen soft, fluffy and manageable now.

Check out my basic bun (with no forms, fillers or clip tricks):

Taking my hair out of those twists after that DC (I did use Joico Kpak before the overnight DC), my hair looked so full and amazing! That's enough to keep me stretching. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a transition. It seems to be going very well right now.

I noticed that my bonelaxed ends like to tangle with my texlaxed/natural textures so, I Crisco after adding my moisturizers all of the bonelaxed portion. My hair after airdrying slides right out of any tangles.

growlonghair1 Guest

Can anyone give me tips on how to stretch my relaxers? I am currently 13 weeks and my ng is real tight. Is there products that I can use to loosen up my curl pattern to have a smooth stretch?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I add yogurt (regular. not lowfat) and coconut cream to my DC. That helps to loosen the curl pattern. I've heard others used coconut and lime juice too.

It's a little messy so, you'll definitely need to use a plastic cap for your DC, since the yogurt breaks down. But it works well for me.

Generally speaking, keep your ng moisturized and stretched, if possible. I have to keep my ng stretched. Braiding, twisting and banding are some stretching techniques. Because if I don't stretch my hair...

Some people have to blowout or flat iron their ng. If you choose to go that route, make sure you use a good heat protectant. But non-heat is the way to go if you can.

hope that helps.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ok! I'm 52 wks post today! Wow! Who knew? I just made a blog post. Thought I'd share.
    Let's grow some hair!!