Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flexirods! Where have you been all my life?!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Flexirods! Where have you been all my life?!

Well, hallelujah! I've been struggling with a way to put my ends up at night while I'm in these twists. I'm often inclined to braid the twists in a french braid in the back or bun them before going to bed. Either of these usually ends up with my shed hairs sliding down and tangling my twists or braids together.

I remember this happening when I was under stress because of my mom's illness. I'd neglected my hair so much. I kept my hair in Celie braids but had them french braided together. I unbraided the french braid but the sheds had a few of them tangled. Guess what I did? I dunked my head in the tub because I just wanted to relax. I thought the sheds would slide out and my braids would fall loose. No ma'am. They locked. And the more I tried to free them, the more tangled my hair became. So I just ripped my braids loose, which caused damage but, in the grand scheme of all that I was going through, it didn't matter.

Anywho, last night I decided to roll my ends with a couple of flexirods. It worked wonderfull! AND I have curly ends on my twists. I've pull the twists up in the back and pinned with the curls dangling down but not rubbing against my clothes. I left a few curls dangling loose in the front. How cute. I can only imagine how cute a twist out will be...eventually...because I don't feel like wearing a twistout today. This look is cute. Allowing the twists to hang loose is cute too (just don't wanna).

Flexirods, where have you been all my life! This is my new solution to handling my ends at night. I was previously using satin-covered rollers to roll my ends but, somehow hair would still get caught in the rollers. And my ends never came out looking cute and curly with the roller crimp on them.

Just thought I'd share.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Flexirods! Where have you been all my life?!

your hair is much longer and thicker than Mine but for me to get the results you seem to be looking for... I apply cold-rods on my ends. They come in different sizes like the flexi. Most BSS would have it for $1 or Less a pack.
    Happy Hair Journey

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet_Intent For This Useful Post:

NJoy (07-21-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Intent View Post
    your hair is much longer and thicker than Mine but for me to get the results you seem to be looking for... I apply cold-rods on my ends. They come in different sizes like the flexi. Most BSS would have it for $1 or Less a pack.
    I'm running out the door. can u post a pic so that I can see the difference? Thanks, gir!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ROFL @ "Celie braids". That is hilarious! I love, love, love my flexirods! I get perfect curls every time. I was using the purple ones but I like the orange ones better. Strategically placed, I can even sleep in them!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    I'm running out the door. can u post a pic so that I can see the difference? Thanks, gir!
    mrod.jpg
    mout.jpg
    This morning while driving to work
    Can u see the curls at end... I think its perfect for me for now?!! I do have also have the purple rods but I have yet used them on my hair.
    Happy Hair Journey

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Intent View Post
    mrod.jpg
    mout.jpg
    This morning while driving to work
    Can u see the curls at end... I think its perfect for me for now?!! I do have also have the purple rods but I have yet used them on my hair.
    Very nice. But I meant a pic of cold-rods. Not sure what those are. I'm thinking the hard rollers with the band that connects the cap? I'm lost, girl. He'p a sista out.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    ROFL @ "Celie braids". That is hilarious! I love, love, love my flexirods! I get perfect curls every time. I was using the purple ones but I like the orange ones better. Strategically placed, I can even sleep in them!
    I suppose the different colors are sizes? I used red ones because my dd had them hanging around. I just wanted a solution for my ends when I sleep.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, the sizes are different! hairartflexirods__89416.jpg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tink For This Useful Post:

NJoy (07-22-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ahhh! Thanks Tink!
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Very nice. But I meant a pic of cold-rods. Not sure what those are. I'm thinking the hard rollers with the band that connects the cap? I'm lost, girl. He'p a sista out.

Yep thats exactly what the cold-rods are... some also call them perm-rods. I dont set it through the entire lenth of my hair just the ends. Those lil "hard rollers with the band that connects the cap" gives unbelievable shrinkage. While searching for an image for you... Look and Behold I found out about; Hot water curlers. Not much reviews but look it up and tell me what you think of that?!

hot-water-curl.jpg

There are two ways to get the curls... Boil water for 10 mins n leave the rollers for 5 then apply to hair. The longer the rods are kept in the hair the more the curls will hold. The other way is since its microwable, these rods can be microwaved in a bowl of water then applied to hair. Eliminate the need of sitting under a dryer, and get that rollersetting look. And its cheap too.

I want to hear other peoples opinions!
    Happy Hair Journey

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet_Intent For This Useful Post:

NJoy (07-22-2011), Tink (07-22-2011)