Thread: Getting great growth? Share your reggie!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Getting great growth? Share your reggie!!

Let's help each other tweak or come up with A+ regimens for growth. If you reggie's working well for you, please share.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Re: Getting great growth? Share your reggie!!

Here is mine:

I wash my hair every 4-5 days, using a moisturizing shampoo's like Kera Care. I only shampoo scalp only!
    I deep condition with every wash, 30 minutes with heat. I like Kera MC or Kera Care Humecto.
    I then as i rinse the conditioner out, I add a little cheapie conditioner and let it sit for 2 minutes and detangle with a detangling comb in the shower.
    I rinse finally with cold water and squeeze all the water out.
    I add my leave in. I use a tiny bit of aveda elixir or salerm.
    I then lightly apply jojoba or camelia oil.
    I use a light protien every 6- 8 weeks. I use aphogee 2 min reconstructor.

Thanks

My basic reggie for the times I don't flat iron:

Cowash hair in four sections, do an oil rinse with castor oil, then add conditioner on top of the castor oil, and detangle with the denman. Leave the conditioner and castor oil on for about an hour under conditioning cap and heat, rinse. Towel dry. Add shea butter and kinky curly knot today and put it in twists or plats overnight for a twistout or braidout in the morning.

If im flat ironing:

I basically do the same washing technique, but I use sabino moisture block instead of the knot today. Blow dry my hair, then flat iron with a chi. I dust and trim when I feel the need to. I also try to keep my protein and moisture in balance according to how my hair feels before I wash it...thats it.

Thanks

I borrowed my regi from Chicoro's regimen (modified)

1. Detangle with fingers and section hair into loose braids. (no combing) If my hair has lots of tangles, I rinse it to remove all product and saturate it with a panthenol/water mix, and then section it into loose braids using my fingers.

2. Wash hair in loose braids in diluted shampoo weekly.

3. Follow up with a thick conditioner and detangle. Loosely rebraid each detangled section. Rinse.

4. For my leave ins, I spray a mixture of EVOO/ Aloe Vera / Rosemary & Sage essential oils.

5. Then I apply a mix of Hot Six oil/Aloe Vera/Water/Aussie Moist Conditioner

6. Vaseline on ends ends weekly

7. Bun or braid and baggy.

8. I use a light protein treatment (aphogee 2 min) or DC with egg yolks monthly.

This regi has worked wonders for my hair.