Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Create/Manifest the Life of Your Dreams Challenge***

Thanks

Re: ***Create/Manifest the Life of Your Dreams Challenge***

As a child, I was fascinated by those who seemed to enjoy life on a higher plane. I desperately wanted 'in' on their secret. How did they do it... what were they doing differently from the rest?

The answer to that question set me on a life long quest to find out how I could have the life that dreams were made of. My childhood was not story book....moving right along, but it provided me with enough frustration to know that once it was over, I woud not repeat it for a million dollars.

The first time I began to understand that I could manifest things was as a teen. I do not know how I stumbled upon the technique but I latched on to desires and refused to let go. My first manifestation brought me my first car.

Everyday, I would get up fully expecting it to be parked outside our house and would go to the window to see it but it was not there.......yet. Month after month, I did this daily, sometimes several times a day. One day it was there. My thoughts and expectations became material. Ding dong it was on then!

Later on in life, after I was an adult and had experienced a few blunders, I decided to dust off my technique and design the life of my
    dreams. I had the audacity to tell others what kind of life I was designing. Well let me tell you, it still works and it is worth it to dream big! I was gifted with the man of my dreams....right down to his occupation, the cars of my dreams, the house of my dreams and even the countries I wanted to live in! We were married on the same street I was born on, on the the same day of the week and date of my birth, with the same people I told about my life's desires. There was not a dry eye in the wedding party.

Ladies, never give up dreaming. I will continue to dream big, from the top of my head to the soles of my feet, I will continue to manifest all that I desire! I encourage you to do the same.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lovetoinspire For This Useful Post:

coco (08-10-2011), i4evershine (07-19-2011), Whisper (08-08-2011)

Thanks

Improved financial blessings and breakthroughs
    Fixing up one house
    Buying another home
    Waist length hair before the end of this year.
    Meet someone special in my life

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by valeriesmith15 View Post
    Improved financial blessings and breakthroughs
    Fixing up one house
    Buying another home
    Waist length hair before the end of this year.
    Meet someone special in my life
    Welcome to the challenge, Valerie! I've added you to the list of challengers. Wonderful goals! I look forward to your shared stories of each one manifesting.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lovetoinspire, my apologies for not adding you sooner. I don't know how I missed that. Welcome! I LOVE your posts and can see why you chose that username.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile Re: ***Create/Manifest the Life of Your Dreams Challenge***

I am beyond excited to be part of this challenge!!! I intend to manifest the following in my life:

1 - A deeper, more intimate relationship with God
    2 - Provision/Faithful Stewardship with me & my hubby on one accord
    3 - My dream home (I'll add details later)
    4 - A healthy mindset
    5 - A healthier lifestyle (eating habits/exercise, etc)
    6 - A truck for my hubby
    7 - APL hair by the end of December 2011

For now I'm using a binder for my vision. I was already using it in conjunction with my annual goals because I realized that I do better looking at my goals every day than creating them at the beginning of the year and not looking at them again until December! lol I followed Njoy's example and used a length shot and extended my hair to full APL using a sharpie. I also plan to meditate/visualize my goals twice per day but I want to make sure that this is not doing my regular time with God. I don't have much time to write but I will come back after I put the kids down for a nap.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Whew! I'm back. I wanted to include some steps I'm taking to achieve my goals. I'll just do my first goal for now because it would be alot to write. I might do a blog post on the rest later:

1 - To work on having a deeper, more intimate relationship with God, I am practicing His presence. I was inspired to do this after reading a book called Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence. He was a monastery cook (I think) in the 16th or 17th century and he had a very intimate relationship with God. He said that he would pray before, during, and after any task. He also said that he made the love of God the end of all His actions. That's what I'm trying to do. For example, before I wash dishes I might say "Lord, I'm about to do these dishes. Thank you for strength and for being here with me." Then as I'm doing the dishes I try to keep my mind on God and thank Him for indoor plumbing (lol), dishes to eat on, the food he blessed us with that dirtied up my dishes... lol Then, when I'm done, I thank Him that I got my task accomplished!

SN: What do you guys think about reading and discussing a book together? My mind/thoughts is my biggest area of struggle which is why I'm always working on that. I've read Joyce Meyer's book called Battlefield of the Mind which was INSTRUMENTAL in teaching me that I could change my thoughts. She has a new book out called Power Thoughts. Also, I've read The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. Any opinions/ideas???

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tink For This Useful Post:

i4evershine (07-19-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Whew! I'm back. I wanted to include some steps I'm taking to achieve my goals. I'll just do my first goal for now because it would be alot to write. I might do a blog post on the rest later:

1 - To work on having a deeper, more intimate relationship with God, I am practicing His presence. I was inspired to do this after reading a book called Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence. He was a monastery cook (I think) in the 16th or 17th century and he had a very intimate relationship with God. He said that he would pray before, during, and after any task. He also said that he made the love of God the end of all His actions. That's what I'm trying to do. For example, before I wash dishes I might say "Lord, I'm about to do these dishes. Thank you for strength and for being here with me." Then as I'm doing the dishes I try to keep my mind on God and thank Him for indoor plumbing (lol), dishes to eat on, the food he blessed us with that dirtied up my dishes... lol Then, when I'm done, I thank Him that I got my task accomplished!

SN: What do you guys think about reading and discussing a book together? My mind/thoughts is my biggest area of struggle which is why I'm always working on that. I've read Joyce Meyer's book called Battlefield of the Mind which was INSTRUMENTAL in teaching me that I could change my thoughts. She has a new book out called Power Thoughts. Also, I've read The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. Any opinions/ideas???

Tink, this is a beautiful post! I love how you explained practicing His presence. I could go on and on about being in His presence, seeing his fingerprints, and watching His hand move in my life. But that's another post.

I love the idea about doing sort of a book club. I'm an avid reader and would love to join you. Feel free to start a thread and lead the group. Battlefield of the Mind is one of the most powerful books that I've ever read. It's so straightforward and clear and full of truth. But then again, that's Joyce Myer's style anyway.

I'll keep an eye out for your thread, if you choose to move forward. It really would be a blessing to many and very appropriate for this section.

You know, one of the main things that I hope to create at mydivaspot.com is a POSITIVE and uplifting tone. So many women boards have bickering, back-biting and jealousies. How wonderful to have a place to feel completely supported, encouraged and motivated to live the BEST lives that we CHOOSE to live. But, don't even get me started. I love your energy and the energy that continues to come to the site in the form of positive, likeminded women. This is one of the things that I've chosen to draw into my life and offer to the world and it is manifesting as we speak. Thank you ALL for being a part of that.

(oh, and I LOVE calling you "Tink". lol)
    Let's grow some hair!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

coco (09-14-2011), i4evershine (07-19-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Black2Back View Post
    Leaving deprivation behind. Manifesting "richness", spiritually, mentally, physically and financially!
    Beautifully said! (could've sworn I commented already. Hmmm....) Welcome Black2Back. Adding you to the list of challengers.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks NJoy! I'll start a thread =)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wink Re: ***Create/Manifest the Life of Your Dreams Challenge***

Back in October of last year I was laid off of my job. So finding new gainful employment is definitely at the top of my list. My list also includes a new home, vehicle and to finish my degree. A better understanding of my hair would be nice...lol. Outside of the material things, my dream is to have a closer family and though I am not religious, a closer relationship with GOD. I am a child of a Minister and when I was able to run, I ran fast. But as a grown woman I find myself noticing a void in my life and I am sure it's my lack of closeness to HIM. Thank you for creating this challenge!