Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Daily Check-in *** What's going on in your Hair Journey today?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: What have you done to your hair today?

Fresh off a 3-day detangling nightmare...er, I mean, session. I'm pre-poo'g now and then washing and conditioning. Hopefully, I can cornrow it. Probably not today since we're planning to have a family portrait taken. But within the next few days.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm loving my hair right now! Been cornrowing it at night and wearing it in a braid out during the day. I'm especially happy that I can rock curly bangs. Didn't think I was going to be able to obtain them until many years into my HHJ so it was a really nice surprise.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravengirl View Post
    I'm loving my hair right now! Been cornrowing it at night and wearing it in a braid out during the day. I'm especially happy that I can rock curly bangs. Didn't think I was going to be able to obtain them until many years into my HHJ so it was a really nice surprise.
    Hey girl, missed hearing from you. I'm so jelly that you can cornrow your own hair. I SO want to be able to cornrow my hair. I can do other's heads but not my own. And it's a sad sight to see when I try it.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Hey girl, missed hearing from you. I'm so jelly that you can cornrow your own hair. I SO want to be able to cornrow my hair. I can do other's heads but not my own. And it's a sad sight to see when I try it.
    Practice, practice, practice. I really couldn't cornrow well when I started this hhj but I practiced in front of a mirror and did it once every week so that I could wear my wigs. A year and some months later it has become second nature.
    ---------------

For the past two weeks I have been rocking a braid out and loving it. I starting working out this week so my routine will have to be tweaked but it works for now.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravengirl For This Useful Post:

Get More Joy (09-02-2011), NJoy (08-31-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I steamed and applied sulfur treatment. Not sure if I'm going to cowash it out tonight or wait until tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit lazy and it's getting late. Ehn. We'll see.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I didn't really feel like it but, I did finally get around to cowashing last night. I didn't feel like doing any detangling so, I cowashed in ponytails. Tonight I will apply my sulfur mix and wash and DC w/steam in the morning.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

IMAG0208.jpgI just finished my weekend marathon of installing kinky twists.

1. I took down the prior set Friday night.

2. I deep conditioned on dry hair; oiled scalp with BB Pine Tar.....scalp felt so good.

3. Rinsed and shampooed with Aphogee Moisture Shampoo.

4. Deep conditioned again with Gumbo Conditioner ( I mix several conditioners in a pump bottle); scalp oiled with sulphur mix

5. Rinsed and deep conditioned again with ORS Replenishing Conditioner.

6. Rinsed and oiled scalp with castor oil boosted with peppermint oil, lavender oil and cedar oil. Oiled hair with coconut oil and began twisting marathon.

7. Finished at 5:15 this evening and I am celebrating maybe 2 months of freedom from styling. Sulphur oil and Pine tar rotation caused me to have a growth spurt and I had to take prior set of twists out after only one month. Whenever I use the pine tar or sulphur mix, I oil at night and condition wash in the morning.
    Last edited by Lovetoinspire; 10-29-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lovetoinspire View Post
    I just finished my weekend marathon of installing kinky twists.

1. I took down the prior set Friday night.

2. I deep conditioned on dry hair; oiled scalp with BB Pine Tar.....scalp felt so good.

3. Rinsed and shampooed with Aphogee Moisture Shampoo.

4. Deep conditioned again with Gumbo Conditioner ( I mix several conditioners in a pump bottle); scalp oiled with sulphur mix

5. Rinsed and deep conditioned again with ORS Replenishing Conditioner.

6. Rinsed and oiled scalp with castor oil boosted with peppermint oil, lavender oil and cedar oil. Oiled hair with coconut oil and began twisting marathon.

7. Finished at 5:15 this evening and I am celebrating maybe 2 months of freedom from styling. Sulphur oil and Pine tar rotation caused me to have a growth spurt and I had to take prior set of twists out after only one month. Whenever I use the pine tar or sulphur mix, I oil at night and condition wash in the morning.
    Nice! I don't suppose you have any pics you wanna show off...huh? (I'm greedy when it comes to pics)

BTW, had to @ "gumbo conditioner". Cute.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

That Gumbo tale is the natural truth! Ol' Lou came out of me Louisiana!

As soon as my sons give me a tutorial on sending pictures , they will be posted.
    Last edited by Lovetoinspire; 09-13-2011 at 07:39 AM. Reason: misspelled word :-D

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovetoinspire For This Useful Post:

NJoy (09-12-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I did a protein DC w/heat followed by a moisturizing DC w/steam. Yeah, the kids are home on vacation. I made today a hair day.
    Let's grow some hair!!