Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Daily Check-in *** What's going on in your Hair Journey today?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: What have you done to your hair today?

My hair has been in Celie braids since I've washed it a few days ago. I want so bad to get my hair braided up into a bun and then attaching a phony afro or curly puff while baggying my ends beneath. And, I found a girl that braids well but, I'm tenderheaded and am afraid to have my hair handled roughly. This means I need to learn to cornrow my own hair. I can do others but when I try to braid my own, it turns into mini french braids.

I'm actually ok wearing Celie braids. They look so much better on me at longer lengths. But, I'm definitely going to practice braiding my hair.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I understand how you feel. You crack me up every time you say Celie braids because I say stuff like that all the time. Matter of fact, when I tell people about my 1st labor & delivery I mention how I washed my hair in the shower while having contractions and showed up at the hospital looking like Miss Celie! rofl. I'm so thankful that I can start with my daughter while she's young and teach her how to properly handle her own hair!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tink For This Useful Post:

admin (07-30-2011)

Thanks

I washed my hair last night. Today I'm wearing a bantu knot out. It didn't exactly turn out the way that I thought it would but it's decent. I think I'll braid my hair later tonight.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ALL SMILES today.... Last night I did a garlic oil treatment. Earlier this morning, I pulled back my hair and I smacked on some EVCO + Rosemary EO throughout the hair n ends to make sure Iam not walking around smelling like pizza.
    Happy Hair Journey

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Intent View Post
    ALL SMILES today.... Last night I did a garlic oil treatment. Earlier this morning, I pulled back my hair and I smacked on some EVCO + Rosemary EO throughout the hair n ends to make sure Iam not walking around smelling like pizza.
    Too funny.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

I put my hair is some twists yesterday...so today, I just tucked them under and been wearing a faux "bob".
    I will moisturize them daily with my Aloe Vera Mix (Aloe Vera Juice, Gel, Glycerin, Castor Oil, Eucalyptus, Peppermint Oil and a small drop of SAA)

twists on relaxed hair 020.jpg
    twists on relaxed hair 019.jpg

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms. D For This Useful Post:

Get More Joy (09-02-2011), NJoy (08-10-2011)

Thanks

Tuesday.....I first strated by unbraiding my ponytail that I had in overnight rolled around a flexi rod, added 2 pumps of HE LTR Split End stuff and added that to just the end of my pony and nap. I put on a hair tie and went on my way.

Before laying it down tonight I ran a wide tooth comb through that same pony, sprayed it down with HS 14 in 1 (not heavyly though), and added WGO on top of that. Braided and rolled it back up on the flexi rod and put on my satin scraf.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ms_B_Haven06 For This Useful Post:

NJoy (08-10-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Feeling hair lazy today. I did an oil rinse a few nights ago that still feels pretty good. I'd love to steam my hair today but, since my steamer's broken, I guess I'll just leave my hair alone today.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Wednesday.....Today I just unraveled my braid this morning and put it in a bun and went on my way. I just got out the shower from doing an oil rinse using Safflower Oil and CWing with Aussie. I must say that my hair felt good rinsing it out!

Im air drying in front of the fan at the moment....I will update on how it feel later once it dry.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ms_B_Haven06 For This Useful Post:

NJoy (08-11-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I guess I'm going to just have to make myself do something interesting to my hair today. I'm having another hair lazy day. I'm looking crazy but, I'm working from home so, I don't have anything pushing me to pull it together. I'm expecting hubby to call me out any moment now.

Can't wait til my Salerm and Lacio Lacio comes in. Meantime, I guess I'll cowash or something before my hair starts to get its own ideas.
    Let's grow some hair!!