Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in braids for ps?

Thanks

Cool Anyone in braids for ps?

I've been wearing my hair in braids for the past 3 weeks. I plan to wear braids for a month at a time, let it rest for a week and then back in braids. Hopefully this will keep me out of my hair and help me to make it to my next goal.

I wash and condition in braids and use African Royale BRX Braid Spray and aloe juice mix. This is my first time trying this reggie.

If you're using braids as a ps, what's your reggie?

Thanks

Re: Anyone in braids for ps?

Hi Afro_chicI am not in braids at the moment but was for 2 years up until April. i would do three month runs and put them rght back in again. I washed and conditioned the braids at least twice a week using good old head and shoulders hydrating shampoo and conditioner.i didnt use moisturisers or braid sprays; if my hair felt dry i washed and conditioned it and it was soft as a baby's i kept it simple and my hair thanked me JMHO.How is your hair doimg with your current regimen?

Thanks

So far, so good. I think I really like keeping my hair in braids. It's hot this summer so, this is perfect for me. I wash and condition my hair once a week and rinse my braids in between washings. My hair is in cornrows so to keep it neat, I make sure to wear a satin scarf at night to keep the fuzzies away. I also use the braid spray mix for daily moisture and seal it in with jojoba. I use castor and jojoba on my ends.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Afro_Chic View Post
    So far, so good. I think I really like keeping my hair in braids. It's hot this summer so, this is perfect for me. I wash and condition my hair once a week and rinse my braids in between washings. My hair is in cornrows so to keep it neat, I make sure to wear a satin scarf at night to keep the fuzzies away. I also use the braid spray mix for daily moisture and seal it in with jojoba. I use castor and jojoba on my ends.
    Sounds like a good regi. I'm thinking of braiding my hair up for the summer too. I'm looking for a low maintenance ps. This may be it. I worry about frizzy edges whenever i think of braids. But, cornrows with a satin scarf sounds like something that I need in my life. Thanks.

Thanks

Sounds like your hair is doing well in braids - they did fantastically for me too and yes if you treat the braids right they can stay looking great for surprisingly long time. I found that the regular washing helped my hair to curl up and contract so that any flyaways disappeared and the style looked neat again - I hope you get what I mean here, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Afro_Chic View Post

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I WISH I could get my hair cornrowed. I'm so tenderheaded tho. And I can't cornrow my own hair. I wish.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

I'm in individual braids right now. I have had them in for almost 5 weeks and I am already dying to get them out. My plan is to keep them in for 8 weeks.

My Regimen is:

Wash and Condition bi-weekly (with diluted shampoo, and a moisturizing conditioner then I apply leave in to my braids)
    Spray braids twice daily with African Pride Bray Spray or Water/Sealing with Hot 6 Oil
    Spray braids once weekly with Aphogee Grean Tea Keratin Spray
    Spray Scalp every AM with (Aloe Vera Juice mixed with Castor Oil, Eucalyptus and Peppermint Oil)
    Oil Scalp Nightly with my Sulfur Mix
    Baggy head nightly then tight a satin scarf over it

I haven't redone my edges yet, but because they are messy now, I keep a headband covering the front daily.

My braids at installation (I do them myself which is why they are kind of big)
    single braids 019 (606x800).jpg

My New-Growth at 3 weeks post

3 weeks in braids 007 (713x800).jpg
    Last edited by Ms. D; 08-03-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

^^^ Nice job on the braids.
    Let's grow some hair!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

Ms. D (08-04-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I usually get my hair braided, but I really want to try extension braids (but I'm scared since it will be my first time). Do you have any tips?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mividabella View Post
    I usually get my hair braided, but I really want to try extension braids (but I'm scared since it will be my first time). Do you have any tips?
    Good question. I braid my hair without extensions because somehow I'm under the impression that extensions are bad for the hair. That can't be true tho because I personally know some who do great with extensions and swear by them. I'm really interested to hear what others have to say.
    Let's grow some hair!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NJoy For This Useful Post:

mividabella (11-03-2011)