View Poll Results: What is your hair goal?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoulder length

0 0%
  • Armpit length

0 0%
  • Bra strap length

4 14.29%
  • Mid-back length

11 39.29%
  • Waist length

7 25.00%
  • Hip length

3 10.71%
  • Tailbone length

2 7.14%
  • Classic length

1 3.57%
  • Knee length

0 0%
  • To the floor!

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your hair goals?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

What are your hair goals?

So... let's liven things up a bit! What is everyone's hair state (natural or relaxed), current length, and their hair goals?

I'll go first.

My hair has been 100% since my big chop back in Nov. 2010. I have been growing my hair out since May 2010 and made SL within a year this past April/May. My short-term goal is to be APL by this time next year and BSL by the end of 2012 because I consider that to be long hair. I dream of one day having tailbone length or classic length hair in the long run. :o

ETA: Oh, I forgot to really say why I want long hair... I think it is very feminine, beautiful, and sexy and I really want to have a huge afro that blocks the sun one day!
    Last edited by Ravengirl; 06-27-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ TBL ~ CL
    4b, natural, fine strands, normal density. Low-maintenance routine, protective styling 24/7.
    SHAMPOO: Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo (sulfate-free)
    CONDITIONER: Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
    LEAVE-IN/MOISTURIZER: Qhemet Biologics BRBC
    OIL/BUTTER/SEALANT: coconut oil, almond oil, and rice bran oil
    BSL 20113

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravengirl View Post
    So... let's liven things up a bit! What is everyone's hair state (natural or relaxed), current length, and their hair goals?

I'll go first.

My hair has been 100% since my big chop back in Nov. 2010. I have been growing my hair out since May 2010 and made SL within a year this past April/May. My short-term goal is to be APL by this time next year and BSL by the end of 2012 because I consider that to be long hair. I dream of one day having tailbone length or classic length hair in the long run. :o

ETA: Oh, I forgot to really say why I want long hair... I think it is very feminine, beautiful, and sexy and I really want to have a huge afro that blocks the sun one day!
    LOL @ bolded!!!

I'm texlaxed with relaxed ends. Thinking about transitioning after I reach my goal of Hip Length but, happy with texlaxed for now. I've been growing my hair since Jan 2010 and went from SL to grazing WL in 2010. I started my hhj with a freshly layered cut, which I regret to this day. So, part of my hair goal is to grow out most, if not all, of the layering. Who knows tho. I've been kicking around the idea of tailbone length to because I want to be able to wear my hair in big, bouncy curls and have them hang around WL. I'm thinking that will require HL to TBL hair. Whaddya think?
    Let's grow some hair!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    I've been kicking around the idea of tailbone length to because I want to be able to wear my hair in big, bouncy curls and have them hang around WL. I'm thinking that will require HL to TBL hair. Whaddya think?
    Mmmm I hadn't thought about that... since you're texlaxed your hair shouldn't shrink up too much. How much does it shrink up now compared to when it is stretched?
    4b, natural, fine strands, normal density. Low-maintenance routine, protective styling 24/7.
    BSL 20113

Thanks
    I voted Midback length for my ultimate goal. I'm currently about an inch away from apl and texlaxed, thinking of transitioning to natural. Again! I've tried a few times but usually give up when I start having issues with detangling.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Divalicious View Post
    I voted Midback length for my ultimate goal. I'm currently about an inch away from apl and texlaxed, thinking of transitioning to natural. Again! I've tried a few times but usually give up when I start having issues with detangling.
    Yeah, detangling can be rough with natural hair if you're not used to it. I took my time to gently detangle my hair over the past weekend and it took almost 2 hours!
    So why MBL and not longer?
    BSL 20113

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravengirl View Post
    Mmmm I hadn't thought about that... since you're texlaxed your hair shouldn't shrink up too much. How much does it shrink up now compared to when it is stretched?
    I'm gonna say 25-30% shrinkage because my texlaxes are light. But, add the fact that it's the big, glam curls that I want, and that will bring the hair up quite a bit. I'd like to learn to rollerset and just comb the curls downward instead of flat ironing and then using Caruso Rollers (which is my plan). But, I'm SO not good at rollersetting. Well, let me rephrase that. I'm SO not good at sitting under the dryer until my hair is dry. lol.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks
    I'd love to have waistlength hair!!!! I'm newly natural. BC back in March. My current length is almost Collarbone length. I hope that I can get to waist by the end of 2013!

Thanks
    I voted for mbl but, if I could get an afro that blocks out the sun, I wouldn't complain. lmao.

Thanks
    sorry. forgot to say that i'm 100% natural, sl and braiding my way to mbl.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Wow, Foxy! That's a huge avatar. Cute tho. lol
    Let's grow some hair!!