Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Increase Water Intake Challenge

Thanks

Increase Water Intake Challenge

I'll be the first to admit that I'm hooked on Pepsi. I'm trying to slim down this summer and decided to wean myself off of soda and try to go water only for at least 30 days. I'm hoping that not only will this help me shed fat but also help my skin.

So, I'll be the first to start it. Does anyone want to join in?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    So are there any rules to this challenge like drinking 64oz or more a day? I've been trying to drink mostly water and getting the recommended amount but fell off the bandwagon this week. (I just drank a coke before seeing this thread and I don't even like the stuff.) So I'm in; I'm about to go fill up my water jug now!
    Last edited by Ravengirl; 06-27-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: fixed typos
    SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ TBL ~ CL
    4b, natural, fine strands, normal density. Low-maintenance routine, protective styling 24/7.
    SHAMPOO: Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo (sulfate-free)
    CONDITIONER: Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
    LEAVE-IN/MOISTURIZER: Qhemet Biologics BRBC
    OIL/BUTTER/SEALANT: coconut oil, almond oil, and rice bran oil
    BSL 20113

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    This is awesome! I started drinking water only last year, with a few exceptions. I did feel like my hair and skin were in better condition for it since sugary drinks dries cells. I have been sneaking in some sweet teas lately because of eating out. But, definitely count me in. I plan to go way longer than 30 days tho. I think 64 oz a day is great and a daily check in to make sure that it's done is better.

Oh, I'm also doing unsweetened green teas so, that's practically water. Counting that in my 64 oz. Cool?
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks
    Count me in. I don't know about 64 oz a day but, I will try to work my way up. My challange will be cutting out my morning cup of coffee. In the summer, I move to iced coffee. I'll do the best I can.

Thanks
    I'm in! I keep a 32 oz water bottle filled with lemon water and have already finished one bottle. On to my next!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Checking in! Did my 64 oz yesterday and have 8 oz down for today.
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks
    I've been doing much better with drinking water and cutting back on my coffee. I usually have 2 cups of coffee daily. I've switched to 1 cup of coffee for now. And I've started keeping a 32 oz water bottle with me. I drink 2 bottles throughout the day. I have to add Crystal Light Pure Flavor (mixed berries) to my water to get me to drink it. Hopefully, I'll be able to drink plain water soon. But I have to take baby steps.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Still drinking 32 to 64 ounces of water a day.
    SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ TBL ~ CL
    4b, natural, fine strands, normal density. Low-maintenance routine, protective styling 24/7.
    SHAMPOO: Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo (sulfate-free)
    CONDITIONER: Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
    LEAVE-IN/MOISTURIZER: Qhemet Biologics BRBC
    OIL/BUTTER/SEALANT: coconut oil, almond oil, and rice bran oil
    BSL 20113

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I fell off a bit. Between running around for my daughter's july 4th birthday, the slumber party on the 5th, grandmother's funeral on friday and then in bed all weekend with a crushing sinus headache, I didn't eat or drink much of anything. Getting back on track today. I feel a bit dehydrated actually. Water is making my tummy unhappy right now so, I've been drinking herbal teas with no sweeteners added.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyLocks View Post
    I've been doing much better with drinking water and cutting back on my coffee. I usually have 2 cups of coffee daily. I've switched to 1 cup of coffee for now. And I've started keeping a 32 oz water bottle with me. I drink 2 bottles throughout the day. I have to add Crystal Light Pure Flavor (mixed berries) to my water to get me to drink it. Hopefully, I'll be able to drink plain water soon. But I have to take baby steps.
    Foxy, does the Crystal Light have artificial sweeteners added?
    Let's grow some hair!!

Thanks

Re: Water Only Challenge

I've been doing great with my water lately. It's much easier because it's so hot these days. My skin and hair are thanking me!

It has no "artificial sweeteners". But, I've moved on to plain water!