Thread: Vitamins question

Thanks

Vitamins question

Are there any hair vitamins that you ladies would recommend? My hair is neck length and I'd like to grow it to brastrap length or longer. I just bought GNC Ultra Nourish vitamins but wonder if taking a prenatal vitamin is better. I keep reading others talking about taking prenatal vitamins. Help!

Thanks
    Prenatal vitamins are good if you supplement them with the vitamins that ultranourish adds for hair, like biotin. Otherwise, if you're looking for an hair vitamin, Ultranouris is a good one!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I take three vitamins: GNC Women's Ultra Mega, GNC Hair, Skin & Nails and their MSM 1000 mg. I don't know about prenatal vitamins but a good multi-vitamin like the Ultra Mega are a good supplement for general health.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravengirl View Post
    I take three vitamins: GNC Women's Ultra Mega, GNC Hair, Skin & Nails and their MSM 1000 mg. I don't know about prenatal vitamins but a good multi-vitamin like the Ultra Mega are a good supplement for general health.

You take all of these together? Do you take anything else in addition? I'd like to take one daily supplement and read that Ultra Nourish contains everything needed for hair growth.

TIA

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yeah, I do, take them all twice a day. I take the Ultra Mega for general health because it has everything in it and the MSM for my joints. I probably don't need the HSN (it's similar to the Ultra Nourish) since it also a multi-vitamin but it has a good amount of biotin. I might drop that one and buy biotin on it's own but I haven't had any problems with the combo.
    Remember to drink plenty of water when taking biotin or you will have breakouts.

ETA: After I finish this bottle of HSN I am going to replace them with GNC WELLbeING be-Beautiful Hair, Skin & Nails for Women. It still has the 3000 mcg of biotin without the added vitamin A, C, D, E and so on that are already in my Women's Ultra Mega multi (I don't want to potentially OD.)
    Last edited by Ravengirl; 06-28-2011 at 04:12 PM.
    SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ TBL ~ CL
    4b, natural, fine strands, normal density. Low-maintenance routine, protective styling 24/7.
    SHAMPOO: Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo (sulfate-free)
    CONDITIONER: Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner
    LEAVE-IN/MOISTURIZER: Qhemet Biologics BRBC
    OIL/BUTTER/SEALANT: coconut oil, almond oil, and rice bran oil
    BSL 20113

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Vitamins question

I've tried Futurebiotics and GNC Ultra Nourish. I'm currently trying Country Life Maxi-Hair. I've heard good things about it so I'm giving it a try. Bought mine at Whole Foods.
    Let's grow some hair!!