Jlissa's Journey

What a weekend!

Rate this Entry
This has been a weekend! Every day I feel God's love working in my life. I used to take it for granted, but now I'm learning how to appreciate it.

First, I re-learned how amazing my daughter is. She was able to do something good for someone who stole from her. And when I asked her why, she said " because you told me to." It feels wonderful to know that she still follows my advice. She's everything I dreamed about and so much more.

Second, I learned I really need to work on forgiveness. I got into a huge argument with the person staying with me. And that disagreement lead to me realizing I was holding a couple of hidden grudges. Grudges so deep I didn't know I had them. Now I know and it's time to let go!

Third, I've been asking God how can I give more. And he reminded me of something I wanted to do 3 months ago ( but forgot). And I've been thinking about it all night.

Fourth, I've known that the life I have isn't the life I wanted. Right now I feel like a stepford wife. This weekend I realized I'm going to have the life I want.

I always wanted to live a nomadic type of existence. I wanted to explore different countries and cultures.

Next month I'm going to Israel to be baptized in the Jordan. Then I'm going to either Greece, China or India. And this weekend I was thinking----" what if I don't come back? What if I just bought a house or rented an apartment over there?" I absolutely love this idea. So I decided I'm going to live overseas for at least a year.

I'm spending the next few months finding a country, and then I'm going to move for a year.

Comments

Wow!!! Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Do life BIG! Congratulations on all that you've been blessed with this weekend and your lifechanging decisions made. It all sounds VERY exciting!
    That's wonderful! Being baptized in the Jordan is so special. I wish you well =)
    Quote Originally Posted by NJoy
    Wow!!! Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Do life BIG! Congratulations on all that you've been blessed with this weekend and your lifechanging decisions made. It all sounds VERY exciting!
    Thanks. Yes, I'm getting excited about my decision. I always wanted to live overseas. And this challenge along with others things, helped me to open my eyes. And see that it can be easily done.