JoyBelle

I'm really Hair Happy!

Rate this Entry
I am finally, really happy with my hair. The irksome breakage - 3" -5" inch - pieces has stopped, and for whatever reason detangling has been really easy.

I'm still trying to nail down a consistent regimen, and thus far I have been doing a lot of experimentation. In mid-November I did a week or so of very frequent co-wash buns and found that I can co-wash daily without serious matting/tangles, if I finger detangle diligently.

I'm still wrapping my head around this whole hair-typing thing... I think my hair is 5B or something like that... I tried a full head WnG - twice. My hair didn't have time for my WnG aspirations. . . The first time was ok - I didn't take too long then dried huge and confused. The second time I decided to try my denman, I got through one section. When I realized - after 15 minutes - that the top wasn't going to curl like the bottom, I detangled and threw it all in an WnG ponytail. Done. After my WnG/wet bun experimentation, I went on to roller-setting my hair.

I skipped the Thanksgiving flat iron after finding that a roller set gets my hair pretty straight with nice length. I just need to use smallish rollers then bantu knot or use a bigger roller to stretch the silkyish tresses. I am really happy to know that roller setting is an option for me.

Overall, I am relieved that my hair has it's elasticity back so I can try all of this out!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Whew! I'm glad that breakage is over. I'm sure that had to be very frustrating.

I wish that I could rollerset. I mean, I could probably learn to do it but, sitting under a dryer? I can't hang too long. I guess, as my hair gets longer, I really should learn how to deal with being under a dryer and do more rollersetting. How long does it take for your hair to dry?

Congrats on being in a groove with your hair. You're looking good!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJoy
    Whew! I'm glad that breakage is over. I'm sure that had to be very frustrating.

I wish that I could rollerset. I mean, I could probably learn to do it but, sitting under a dryer? I can't hang too long. I guess, as my hair gets longer, I really should learn how to deal with being under a dryer and do more rollersetting. How long does it take for your hair to dry?

Congrats on being in a groove with your hair. You're looking good!

I have only done three successful rollersets, and none have been completely dry! The first set I air dryed and it took soooo long to dry.
    The second one I sat under the dryer for half an hour and then used the blow dryer.
    The third and most recent one I sat for 45 minutes then put into bantu knots to finish drying. It was really nice, and my hair had more swang and shine. I was going to set this weekend, but the time commitment deterred me. I am going to try setting for 1.5 hours next time I'll post when I do.