Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Accidental Transitioner!

Hi ladies! I know I've been MIA but I hope everyone's new year is off to a great start! So, my last relaxer was in September and I was planning to get another one in December before my anniversary. My schedule got busy so I didn't go. The more I thought about going, the more I didn't want to. I started looking at all the beautiful heads of natural hair and decided to give transitioning a try. I plan to do a detailed blog about that later. I trimmed about 1 - 2 inches on January 11th and I'm still ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Hair, Health, Hubby, Hobby, & High Hopes!

Hi ladies! I know I've been MIA but I've had so much going on.

HAIR: I am so thankful for the encouragement you guys gave me recently. I feel like I am back on track with my hair! I have normal shedding and my breakage is greatly reduced. I don't even feel the need to trim it like I did before. My last relaxer was the Sunday before Thanksgiving and I plan to do my next one in February. One thing that has really been working for me is being consistent in "haircare", although ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Unintentional Stretching, Scalp Buildup, The Oil Slick, and Tonight's Dinner!

Hi ladies! Just wanted to let you guys know what's on my mind right now.

1) Today, I am 11 weeks and 2 days post. It's been a long time since I've stretched more than 10 weeks and I don't see a hair appointment in my future any time soon. This is mainly due to my schedule with the babies. I definitely want to get a relaxer before my son's first bday which is September 14th. Thankfully, I'm not having any trouble with my newgrowth. I believe the henna really helped. Or maybe it's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Henna Results and Starting Length Pic

Okay, it's late so if I sound crazy it's because I'm half asleep. I was very pleased with my first henna experience. This is what I used Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_1080.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	154 I mainly wanted to henna using the Nupur brand for the strengthening and conditioning benefits I'd heard about from "TheTruthIsHair" on youtube. I wasn't sure if I would notice any color changes since this henna is a blend. When I finished, I thought that there was no color change but then I realized that the 2 or 3 gray strands ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Silly Hubby & Henna Update

My hubby and I had the following conversation a few minutes ago:
    Hubby: Where's that chocolate stuff you were making yesterday?
    Me: What chocolate stuff?
    Hubby: The stuff you had in the bowl?
    Me: That's not chocolate. That's henna for my hair.
    Hubby: What?! I thought you were baking me some brownies.
    Me: Do you want me to bake you some brownies?
    Hubby: No. I'll just eat the henna.

lol he is so silly! Anyway, so I mixed my henna last ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast