Blog Comments

I go through periods where water is just difficult to down, especially during cold weather.

I've been drinking warm lemon water first drink in the mornings again and I keep a bottle of water filled throughout the day.

Be careful with the lemon water, it will send you to the bathroom!
    Oh Honey, you are SO preaching to the choir. I can't do exercise videos at home by myself. As soon as the video gets to the part where we're on the floor, I never get back up. I spend the rest of the time watching the video. I have to workout at the gym to keep me going. I always look for that one overweight or overaged person that's still moving to keep me going. Because, then I'm saying to myself, if SHE can hang, I know I can make it! Or, I can't let her outdo me. Hey, sad but true.

Or, I have to have a friend with me. I don't want my friend to see me whimp out first so, I'll push myself. But at home with a video? I might as well pop some popcorn.

I wanted to try to workout in my room with Youtube tonight, since hubby is out of town but, I'm already out of gas. I just fell asleep at my laptop a few minutes ago. If it weren't for me having to get up to put my son to bed, I'd be asleep right now.

All that said, I'm GOING to get my butt in the gym tomorrow...for sure! This is why I need fitness challenges. To challenge me.

We can do it. At least you only pause the videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJoy
    Happy New Year, JoyBelle! Good luck with your 100-day challenge. Sounds like you have a great plan with great motivation. That fitness schedule is enviable. How do you like HIIT?
    Thanks, NJoy!

I'm really liking the HIIT workouts, but have to admit, I spend a lot of time pausing the videos or breaking when I should be going hard. It's easier for me to keep going at the gym, because it's embarrassing when the instructor calls me out for wimping out. Even when I don't finish a full video/stop in class, I get a real sense of accomplishment, and that's been keeping me going. I ended up watching a kettlebell HIIT after attempting the first exercise which let me know I am not ready for weights.
    Updated 01-16-2013 at 07:58 PM by JoyBelle
    Happy New Year, JoyBelle! Good luck with your 100-day challenge. Sounds like you have a great plan with great motivation. That fitness schedule is enviable. How do you like HIIT?
    Whew! I'm glad that breakage is over. I'm sure that had to be very frustrating.

I wish that I could rollerset. I mean, I could probably learn to do it but, sitting under a dryer? I can't hang too long. I guess, as my hair gets longer, I really should learn how to deal with being under a dryer and do more rollersetting. How long does it take for your hair to dry?

Congrats on being in a groove with your hair. You're looking good!

I have only done three successful rollersets, and none have been completely dry! The first set I air dryed and it took soooo long to dry.
    The second one I sat under the dryer for half an hour and then used the blow dryer.
    The third and most recent one I sat for 45 minutes then put into bantu knots to finish drying. It was really nice, and my hair had more swang and shine. I was going to set this weekend, but the time commitment deterred me. I am going to try setting for 1.5 hours next time I'll post when I do.
    Whew! I'm glad that breakage is over. I'm sure that had to be very frustrating.

I wish that I could rollerset. I mean, I could probably learn to do it but, sitting under a dryer? I can't hang too long. I guess, as my hair gets longer, I really should learn how to deal with being under a dryer and do more rollersetting. How long does it take for your hair to dry?

Congrats on being in a groove with your hair. You're looking good!
    Thanks for sharing the results of your experiment. That's handy to know. Please let us know if rollersetting helps with less passes.

Your hair looks amazing! 2 more inches, here you come!
    Thanks, NJoy I will keep ya'll posted.
    Thanks for sharing the results of your experiment. That's handy to know. Please let us know if rollersetting helps with less passes.

Your hair looks amazing! 2 more inches, here you come!
    Sounds like you have a good plan, Joybelle. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
    All of the Caribbean markets I tried did have JBCO, but it was blended with different oils not listed on the label. I decided to order the real thing online. I am going to use my trusty cold pressed castor oil for my first mix.