Jlissa's Journey

I don't know how to describe this blog. At first I didn't want to write a blog, because I enjoy my privacy too much. But I'm on a journey to get closer to God and to live my life authentically. And since this is a positive environment, I decided to just let it all out. Or as mush as I can.

1. Action Cures Fear

Today has been an amazing day. It started off shaky, I didn't feel like working so I started off reading a book called " The Magic Of Thinking Big." And it was absolutely the best thing I could have done today.

I was having doubts about moving abroad. I still don't know what country I want to live in. And how can I just leave my husband to live in another country. And....... I just had a million reasons why I couldn't do it.

Plus someone just said" ...
    Categories
    Spirtual Fasting
  2. I can feel my dream happening!!

This week has been good. Today I received unexpected money in the mail. And received another brand new printer. And welcomed someone else into my home.

And today I began thinking about all the funny things happening to me. When I started my first fast I wanted to be left alone. I wanted quiet time to pray to God, and work on my issues. A couple days after starting it, an acquaintance needed a place to stay.

Now I started my 2nd fast, and another person needed a place ...

Updated 09-13-2011 at 09:01 PM by jlissa

Categories
    Spirtual Fasting , Random Jlissa Thoughts
  3. Dealing with Anger

I finished my first fast. It definitely was productive. It helped me to clear my head, and gave me the ability to recognize and clearly communicate what I'm feeling. Before fasting I would feel hurt, and lash out in anger. Now I'm able to say " you hurt me;" without feeling weak. And being able to express my true feelings, solved the communication problems I was having with my husband.

This Monday, I'm going on a longer fast. My goal is 30- 40 days. I want to tackle a bigger ...
    Categories
    Spirtual Fasting
  4. My Journey To Now Part 2

And I clearly heard God say----" That is Your husband." And this really depressed me. For days I kept asking why.

I had recorded the sermons, and I kept replaying them. And listening to new sermons. And I learned about God. I used to read the bible when I was younger. I knew and loved the stories. But once I grew up I stopped believing. Because I thought God was mean, and angry, and revengeful. And I didn't want to believe in a God that was like that.

But
  5. My journey to Now

A series of sermons about marriage brought me back to God. Last year all I wanted was a divorce. I thought about it hourly. I dreamed about being in the courtroom. I imagined what it would feel like to be free. I only wanted to talk to my husband, if it was about divorce. Divorce was the promised land for me.

Then one day I happened to catch a minister on t.v speaking about marriage. In 5 sermons, he spoke about the hardships his marriage had been through. He spoke about hating
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast