Blog Comments

Everything sounds great but, I've gotta share my two cents on the hair part. Beware of leaving Celies in too long. I put them in because it's easy to cowash my hair in sections, taking each Celie braid down one at a time to detangle and remove sheds. It's been my experience that when I leave my Celie's in too long without redoing them, it's tangle city! The sheds knot around good hairs and reek all kind of havoc.

I'd suggest redoing them every 2-3 days at the least. When you're taking these down,I'd suggest doing it in the shower with a head full of conditioner and be sure to start at the ends and work your way up. You do NOT want to go through the detangling nightmares that I've endured. And I think someone else on the board reported the same because I shared the same comment with her.

Let us know how it goes.

Oh, and thanks for setting the example with blogging your entries. I think it's an awesome idea!
    Hello everyone,

I'm blogging so that I can see all of my post in one area .

Diet:

On the Almased diet. If you want to try it, go to www.almased.com. I just started it on Friday. I will post again regarding my diet in two weeks so that people will know whether or not it is working for me. I've been drinking about 75-100 ounces of water daily which is difficult to do. I make daily goals so that I'm not overwhelmed which works.

Exercise:
    My workout consist of TurboJam 2-3 times a week. I'm going to make a goal of 3-4 times a week. I'm thinking about getting the 10 minute trainer so that I don't have an excuse for time.

Life:
    I had a job interview this past Friday. I think it went well. I'm waiting to hear back of course, but I keep to my Lord for His provision. It is He who gives the increase, so, I guess it shouldn't matter whether the interview went well or not because the Lord said He would never leave me, nor forsake me. That being said, I'm claiming my job with excellent pay, a great team to work with, and a wonderful boss in Jesus name. Amen.

Hair:
    Being honest, with myself and you, I don't have a clue. I've purchased a lacefront wig for the first time, and I love it. That also means that my protective style are "celie braids" all the time. Since the challenge began, I co-washed my hair twice in the first week and once in the second with adding the NJoy's challenge oil 2-4 nights in both weeks. The bummer is that I've been doing it while my "celie braids" are intact. I actually think that that's fine, but I haven't undone them or combed my hair out since the beginning of the challenge, therefore, I don't know if there are really any changes.
    Let me make sure I understand what you're saying. You wet all of your hair with water before applying the oil to your scalp and then baggy, right? And you're making sure that you seal in the moisture on your length? Assuming so, sounds good to me.

And blogging is a great idea. You have one central place to view your updates. I think I'm going to suggest that on the board. Great idea! But still, come into the thread and give a general feel about your progress and leave the direct link to your blog post so that others can go to read the complete details. That way, we'll all still feel pretty connected and others will know when you update.